1. "AQC 107 10 GbE v2" patch with 12.2.1 works
  2. "AQC 107 10 GbE v2" patch with 12.3 doesn't work
  3. "AQC 107 10 GbE v3" patch with 12.3 doesn't work
here's my sanitized (Random fresh new Numbers) config.plist

Attachments

• X299CREATOR_OC078_MacOS_12.3_V1.plist
    33.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Can you explain why you need to uncheck "diableIoMapper" ?
What 10G NIC do you have ?
Many thanks
EDIT
It seems the virtual switch (host by NAS) is defective
EDIT 2
I rebuild the virtual switch
I plug the 1G port to the Virtual switch it works
I plug the 10g port to the Virtual switch as it was always : it doesn't work

So I think I have trouble with my aquantia 10G NIC ....

Any Idea ?
From OpenCore Configurator

DisableIoMapper
Type: plist boolean
Failsafe: false
Requirement: 10.8 (not required for older)
Description: Disables IOMapper support in XNU (VT-d), which may conflict with the firmware implementation.

Note 1: This option is a preferred alternative to deleting DMAR ACPI table and disabling VT-d in firmware preferences, which does not obstruct VT-d support in other systems in case they need this.

Note 2: Misconfigured IOMMU in the firmware may result in broken devices such as ethernet or Wi-Fi adapters. For instance, an ethernet adapter may cycle in link-up link-down state infinitely and a Wi-Fi adapter may fail to discover networks. Gigabyte is one of the most common OEMs with these issues

Note 1: This option is a preferred alternative to deleting DMAR ACPI table and disabling VT-d in firmware preferences, which does not obstruct VT-d support in other systems in case they need this.
So it means it should be enable, doesn't it ? with VT-d enable in BIOS … for windows
Note 2: Misconfigured IOMMU in the firmware may result in broken devices such as ethernet or Wi-Fi adapters. For instance, an ethernet adapter may cycle in link-up link-down state infinitely and a Wi-Fi adapter may fail to discover networks. Gigabyte is one of the most common OEMs with these issues
okay but what is a "Misconfigured IOMMU" ? with or without VT-d enable in BIOS
Many thanks

I also tried
a cold reboot ... no better
add `e1000=0`to boot-arg (just in case!!) … no better

Just applying the new patch as shown by ISPP should be enough to get your AQC107 working.

I can confirm, that the built-in Aquantia AQC-107 in the ASRock X299 CREATOR is running fine with "VT-D" enabled in BIOS (running the latest 1.51beta here), when the latest patch is applied under "KERNAL - PATCH" and "KERNAL - QUIRKS - DisableIOMapper" is set to "disable" or "false".

See attached Screenshots:

1.png - 2.png - 3.png - 4.png - 5.png

I can confirm, that the built-in Aquantia AQC-107 in the ASRock X299 CREATOR is running fine with "VT-D" enabled in BIOS (running the latest 1.51beta here), when the latest patch is applied under "KERNAL - PATCH" and "KERNAL - QUIRKS - DisableIOMapper" is set to "disable" or "false".
Just applying the new patch as shown by ISPP should be enough to get your AQC107 working.

It's working.
Again I was misleading by my virtual switch on my NAS.
many thanks

Sadly no luck here running 12.3 with the ASUS XG-C100C 10G using the patch and disabling DisableIoMapper. The NIC appears but never gets a DHCP address.
Same here before, so make sure, you activated/enabled "VT-D" in your BIOS-settings. Than it should work normally also in Monterey 12.3

Oh wow, yes - I've had VT-D disabled in BIOS since I built this box years ago (I'm sure there was a reason back then.). Enabling it, using the patch, and disabling DisableIoMapper made my 10G card work again. Thank you!

Back