Contribute
Register

How to fix Aquantia 10 Gb Ethernet for Big Sur

Hi all, great work on this! I have an older build running the latest version of Catalina (non open core if that matters) and got my hands on the TX401 10Gb card, which I believe is what this thread is representing...I would be forever grateful if someone could take a moment and explain how to install this patch. I'm running Clover. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.52.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.56.34 PM.png

Hackintool 3.6.2 the app looks like a swiss knife, open menu -> PCIe, search for you ethernet AQC 107 line
Give me your 'Vendor' + 'Device' + 'IOReg Name', I'll make you A SSDT
Ok thanks Milksjeek

Vendor = Aquantia Corp.
Device = AGC100 10G Ethernet MAC controller [AQtion]
IOReg Name = /PCI0@0/BXBR@1,2/BYUP@0/BYD2@2/BYS2@0

Ok thanks Milksjeek

Vendor = Aquantia Corp.
Device = AGC100 10G Ethernet MAC controller [AQtion]
IOReg Name = /PCI0@0/BXBR@1,2/BYUP@0/BYD2@2/BYS2@0
Whooow, that's a long device path, never seen anything like this, it is a ryzentosh, I tinker a bit around with scope hope that it works,
your device should show up as a device 0x7B1 AQC107
P.S. if you put the card in a other slot or put something new in an other slot most IOReg Names will change must change it accordingly in the SSDT-AQUANTiA.aml

Last edited:
/PCI0@0/BXBR@1,2/BYUP@0/BYD2@2/BYS2@0 becomes /PCI0/BXBR/BYUP/BYD2/BYS2, when you take the unnecessary text out.

As you said it has 5 sections instead of the normal 4 sections we expect to see on an Intel system.

However, in the SSDT the 10GB Ethernet device is accessed via (_SB_.PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD2), which is along the lines of what we would expect to see.

Hey, same problem, my Qnap QXG-10G1T (Aquatica AQC107) does not work with Ben Sur.
Did a screenshot from Hackintool about the card. How could i get this work with Clover ? Model is iMac Pro 1,1.

Thanks!!!
PK

NVM, got it working! :). Can't find delete post button.

Last edited:
I
Whooow, that's a long device path, never seen anything like this, it is a ryzentosh, I tinker a bit around with scope hope that it works,
your device should show up as a device 0x7B1 AQC107
P.S. if you put the card in a other slot or put something new in an other slot most IOReg Names will change must change it accordingly in the SSDT-AQUANTiA.aml
I missed a back slash, here is a new one

Attachments

• SSDT-AQUANTIA.aml
    586 bytes · Views: 240
Last edited:
I

I missed a forward slash, here is a new one
Hey Milksjeek,

The last SSDT worked. Can you tell me how you made it or point me in the direction to research how you didi it so i can troubleshoot myself in the future? Thank you for you help. Please let me know how I can return the favor.

He edited the existing SSDT so it was pointing to the correct ACPI address, as shown in post #44. See the screenshot below, now compare this to the SSDT you were using previously and you will see their is a difference. This difference is why the new SSDT works.

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 20.47.21.png

'Scope' entries use the correct ACPI address for your Ethernet port.

Look where your ethernet device shows up in Hackintool -> PCIe
Discard everything after the @ signs and replace the the forward slashes with dots

1) /PCI0@0/BXBR@1,2/BYUP@0/BYD2@2/BYS2@0 becomes .PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD2.BYS2
2) /PCI0@0/BXBR@1,2/BYUP@0 becomes .PCI0.BXBR.BYUP

External wants _SB_ in front, Scope wants \_SB

implement to the SSDT

1) External (_SB_.PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD2, DeviceObj) // cut the BYS2 off
External (_SB_.PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD2.BYS2, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD2) // cut the BYD2 off
{
Scope (BYS2) // place BYS2 here

2) External (_SB_.PCI0.BXBR, DeviceObj) // cut the BYUP off
External (_SB_.PCI0.BXBR.BYUP, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.BXBR) // cut the BYUP off
{
Scope (BYUP) // place BYUP here

P.S. it works also in Monterey, Can return the favor? Yes you can, enjoy your C100F like I do

a.png

Last edited:
Hello
I have 10G network with
- 8 Asrock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 (10G NIC) running Big Sur via OpenCore
- 2x10G NAS with 12HDD With is also the DHCP
- no internet connection

It appears that 3 Mobos have exactly the same Mac Address (for the 10G NIC) !!
So the DHCp has hard time, and disconnect one when a new connection is to the NAs is required.

Is there any ways to override the macOS Mac Address ?
Or any other ideas ;)
Thanks in advance

EDIT
is https://github.com/feross/SpoofMAC still working with BS ?

Last edited:
Back