Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

This is from Clover. You probably have config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution=1920x1080, but your VESA/BIOS cannot set that resolution, so Clover is looking other valid modes.

debug attached generated from script. thanks for showing me that guide. to reiterate, everything on my screen will not respond for a while but my mouse/cursor will still be able to move. if I leave it for a couple second, it will return to normal and usually it doesnt happen again. however, if I happen to try to input any command or click any window, it usually results in constant flickering of the window that will not be fixed unless I reboot. At first I thought it was with watching videos, but not always, it happened once when I just booted up.

Attachments

• debug_23911.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
debug attached generated from script. thanks for showing me that guide. to reiterate, everything on my screen will not respond for a while but my mouse/cursor will still be able to move. if I leave it for a couple second, it will return to normal and usually it doesnt happen again. however, if I happen to try to input any command or click any window, it usually results in constant flickering of the window that will not be fixed unless I reboot. At first I thought it was with watching videos, but not always, it happened once when I just booted up.

You should try iMac14,1 (or iMac14,2).
Make sure you have latest Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (no way for me to check the versions for you without kextstat output)
Make sure DVMT-prealloc is 64mb.

Other notes:
- your USB configuration is wrong (see my guide for USBInjectAll.kext)
- TRIM should not be enabled with APFS
- graphics config (ig-platform-id 0x59120000) is fine, but (if you haven't done it) you might consider patching the framebuffer to eliminate unused connectors and match connector-type with physical connector type

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

- if it works, you should use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

You should try iMac14,1 (or iMac14,2).
Make sure you have latest Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (no way for me to check the versions for you without kextstat output)
Make sure DVMT-prealloc is 64mb.

Other notes:
- your USB configuration is wrong (see my guide for USBInjectAll.kext)
- TRIM should not be enabled with APFS
- graphics config (ig-platform-id 0x59120000) is fine, but (if you haven't done it) you might consider patching the framebuffer to eliminate unused connectors and match connector-type with physical connector type

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

- if it works, you should use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

thanks for your response. I have disabled trim for my hack and confirmed my dvmt is 64mb. the usb configuration is very confusing for me, I will try to read it a couple times and digest it. in the mean time, I am not sure about how to approach installing kext. the only kexts that I have manually installed are lilu and intelgraphicsfixup (installed to L/E) because I updated them to the latest version. is there a way for me to tell which kext are not installed correctly? the kextcache shows everything has invalid signature but its allowed...?

I emulated nvram as part of fixing iMessages, not entirely sure if I needed to do that but I remember at the time it told me to enable emulated nvram. how would I be able to tell if aptiomemoryfix works? what about the new osxaptiofix3 that is released, that does not require emulated nvram?

thanks in advance for answering my questions.

thanks for your response. I have disabled trim for my hack and confirmed my dvmt is 64mb. the usb configuration is very confusing for me, I will try to read it a couple times and digest it. in the mean time, I am not sure about how to approach installing kext. the only kexts that I have manually installed are lilu and intelgraphicsfixup (installed to L/E) because I updated them to the latest version. is there a way for me to tell which kext are not installed correctly? the kextcache shows everything has invalid signature but its allowed...?

The invalid signatures from kextcache are normal.
But you should not be using kext injection for your system partition (all kexts should be installed).
The laptop FAQ has details on how to properly install kexts with Terminal.

how would I be able to tell if aptiomemoryfix works? what about the new osxaptiofix3 that is released, that does not require emulated nvram?

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and add AptioMemoryFix.efi. Then test your NVRAM.
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is an old version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.

The invalid signatures from kextcache are normal.
But you should not be using kext injection for your system partition (all kexts should be installed).
The laptop FAQ has details on how to properly install kexts with Terminal.

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and add AptioMemoryFix.efi. Then test your NVRAM.
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is an old version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.

want to clarify if I am understanding this correctly. What I understand is kexts are injected if they are in clover/kext in the EFI. I don't have any kext in my efi partition except for fakesmc, which I need to boot. the only change I have done is change injectkext to detect in config.plist. is that what I am suppose to do?

will trying the aptiomemoryfix.efi cause potential failure to boot? n if it does fail is it just a matter of booting from a working EFI and swapping the files back? want to confirm my understanding before I attempt.

thanks very much for giving me insight!

want to clarify if I am understanding this correctly. What I understand is kexts are injected if they are in clover/kext in the EFI. I don't have any kext in my efi partition except for fakesmc, which I need to boot. the only change I have done is change injectkext to detect in config.plist. is that what I am suppose to do?

Your question is answered in post #2 here:

will trying the aptiomemoryfix.efi cause potential failure to boot? n if it does fail is it just a matter of booting from a working EFI and swapping the files back? want to confirm my understanding before I attempt.

Always have a USB with a working version of Clover that can be used to boot in case you make a mistake with EFI/Clover on your system drive.

Sorry, don't want to read through 42 pages, so i'll just ask here:
I have a intel HD 630 graphics working in sierra on a z270 gaming K3. But itøs only working on DVI, not HDMI, and would love a 2 screen setup.
Thanks

Sorry, don't want to read through 42 pages, so i'll just ask here:
I have a intel HD 630 graphics working in sierra on a z270 gaming K3. But itøs only working on DVI, not HDMI, and would love a 2 screen setup.
Thanks
If u don't post any problem reporting files they can't help u.

Is it possible to get sleep working when using iGPU+dGPU on Kaby Lake HD 630?

I saw that people configured iGPU+dGPU to get HVEC and FCPX working correctly. According to them sleep should work when both GPU's are enabled on Kaby Lake.

I've tried this on HD 630 + RX560 and hardware encoding & hvec works. Also when iGPU is also used it fixes some problems that High Sierra has with Radeon RX dGPU only.

Only thing is that I get instant reboot when macOS tries to go to sleep. I know sleep doesn't work on Kaby Lake HD630 only but works with dGPU. Should it work with iGPU+dGPU or am I trying to do something that's not possible?

Your question is answered in post #2 here:

Always have a USB with a working version of Clover that can be used to boot in case you make a mistake with EFI/Clover on your system drive.

I implemented all the recommendation (with the exception of trying another smbios). switched nvram to aptiomemoryfix as well. my HDMI audio appears to be working now from my test. what I do want to confirm is nvram is working as it should. I ran nvram -p and generated files before and after reboot and it looks like it matches. does it look right?

edit: noticed that every time I reboot my volume goes to maximum. does that mean my nvram is not working properly now?

edit2: I ran the clover emulated ram uninstaller just in case it helps. rebooted and it remembered my volume level (at least its not maxed out). will keep monitoring.

one thing I still note is that after clover boot menu and OS X starts loading up, my screen will always flicker when progress bar is about halfway. I noticed it did that when it changed resolution/scaling. I have set UIscaling to 2 in clover and now the resolution stays consistent but I suppose its just how it is and not of concern? I have my desktop set as 1920X1080 HIDPI and clover uses 4k resolution right now, is it doing that because its changing the resolution while booting?

sorry my post is getting off topic...

Attachments

• debug_20189.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • nvram test post reboot.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 154
  • nvram test.txt
    1 KB · Views: 158
  • nvram -p after uninstaller.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Status