Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
Also, you must rename HECI to IMEI.
Your connector-type shows DP <00 04 00 00>. You should patch for HDMI <00 08 00 00>.

thanks for your help!

lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext is already installed in L/E. do I need to use kextbeast to reinstall again? or is it suppose to be in S/L/E? do I need to delete it and then reinstall again with kextbeast? to delete is just moving it to the trash right...?

I have added the patch under acpi>dsdt. I think I added the right thing? generated it via clover configurator and edited with Xcode.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 222
lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext is already installed in L/E.

Your ioreg proves they are not starting.
So... you probably installed them incorrectly.
Use 'sudo kextcache -i /' to check for errors in your installation procedures.

I have added the patch under acpi>dsdt. I think I added the right thing? generated it via clover configurator and edited with Xcode.

I don't use Clover Configurator.

Your ioreg proves they are not starting.
So... you probably installed them incorrectly.
Use 'sudo kextcache -i /' to check for errors in your installation procedures.

I don't use Clover Configurator.

I reinstalled with kextbeast n ran the command. it looks like its still giving me issues?

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fc483e48e90 [0x7fff96e53980]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

what am I doing wrong?

should I do this?
  1. sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/lilu.kext
  2. sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/intelgraphicsfixup.kext
  3. reboot
  4. run kext beast to install kext again
  5. reboot
would that solve my issue? thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kext install.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 175
I reinstalled with kextbeast n ran the command. it looks like its still giving me issues?

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fc483e48e90 [0x7fff96e53980]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

what am I doing wrong?

should I do this?
  1. sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/lilu.kext
  2. sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/intelgraphicsfixup.kext
  3. reboot
  4. run kext beast to install kext again
  5. reboot
would that solve my issue? thanks in advance.

I don't use KextBeast.
Install with Terminal as per laptop FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Here is what I did:
1. removed lilu and intelgraphicsfixup via terminal
2. reboot
3. install lilu and intelgraphicsfixup via terminal
4. reboot
5. ran sudo kextcache -I /
6. reboot

would you please check if lilu and intelgraphicsfixup are running as normal now?

thanks for all your help.

edit: it looks like my connector is still showing DP...? is the patch that I used wrong? not working? please refer to screenshots

EDIT 2: snooped around on the framebuffer thread. seems like I fixed the port issue now...? please refer to config.plist and ioreg. kextcache.txt is the output when I ran sudo kextcache -I

please advise if anything else maybe looking strange. there is no brightness control in display, nor can I change brightness on my external monitor. is that normal?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 217
  • revmac.ioreg
    11.7 MB · Views: 153
  • kextcache.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
please advise if anything else maybe looking strange.

You did not rename HECI->IMEI. It is a requirement.

there is no brightness control in display, nor can I change brightness on my external monitor. is that normal?

Brightness controls are usually available via monitor front panel or monitor's built-in menu system.
No brightness controls expected from the macOS for external monitors.

You did not rename HECI->IMEI. It is a requirement.

Brightness controls are usually available via monitor front panel or monitor's built-in menu system.
No brightness controls expected from the macOS for external monitors.

added HECI>IMEI patch back into DSDT of config. sorry I removed it when I did the frame buffer thing, didn't realize I needed both. please check again. thanks a lot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 221
  • revmac.ioreg
    11.6 MB · Views: 155
added HECI>IMEI patch back into DSDT of config. sorry I removed it when I did the frame buffer thing, didn't realize I needed both. please check again. thanks a lot.

HDMI audio not implemented (no injection of "hda-gfx").
And you're patching the 0105 port for HDMI, but it appears your monitor is connected to the 0204 port (which is not patched for HDMI).
But maybe you plugged in your monitor now to the DP port and it happens to correspond to the 0204 connector...

0x59120000/0204 patched for HDMI...
Find: 02 04 0A 00 00 04 00 00 87 01 00 00
Replace: 02 04 0A 00 00 08 00 00 87 01 00 00

HDMI audio not implemented (no injection of "hda-gfx").
And you're patching the 0105 port for HDMI, but it appears your monitor is connected to the 0204 port (which is not patched for HDMI).
But maybe you plugged in your monitor now to the DP port and it happens to correspond to the 0204 connector...

0x59120000/0204 patched for HDMI...
Find: 02 04 0A 00 00 04 00 00 87 01 00 00
Replace: 02 04 0A 00 00 08 00 00 87 01 00 00

If I don't care about hdmi audio output do I need to fix it?

My monitor is still plugged into hdmi, no changes. I saw my port number is 0x5 in ioreg that's why I patched 0x5 (which I guess is 0105?) after the patch it did change to 00 08 00 00 where I looked...? At any rate when I get home I will try to replace my patch with your and see if that helps. My monitor does have DP I just don't have DP port on my mobo

Sorry this is all new and confusing for me.

I saw my port number is 0x5 in ioreg that's why I patched 0x5 (which I guess is 0105?) after the patch it did change to 00 08 00 00 where I looked...?

But your monitor is not connected to the port number/connector data you patched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back