Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But your monitor is not connected to the port number/connector data you patched...

I think its finally fixed properly! doing so enabled 4k output on my HDMI as well, although only at 30hz (to be expected). now to figure out how to fix HDMI audio while I am at it I guess. thanks for your help, please let me know if anything else seems messed up. still trying to figure out why I can't get igpu pm to work.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 237
  • revmac.ioreg
    11.7 MB · Views: 159
I think its finally fixed properly! doing so enabled 4k output on my HDMI as well, although only at 30hz (to be expected). now to figure out how to fix HDMI audio while I am at it I guess. thanks for your help, please let me know if anything else seems messed up. still trying to figure out why I can't get igpu pm to work.

You have connector-type = HDMI for the framebuffer@1 (where your monitor is connected).
No "hda-gfx" inject yet...
IGPU PM should be working (IGPU is named IGPU as requried), unless your SMBIOS choice is causing a problem (iMac18,2 does not have an IGPU).

You have connector-type = HDMI for the framebuffer@1 (where your monitor is connected).
No "hda-gfx" inject yet...
IGPU PM should be working (IGPU is named IGPU as requried), unless your SMBIOS choice is causing a problem (iMac18,2 does not have an IGPU).

testing it today, it seems like I am still running into the issue with the flickering when my screen goes to sleep and wakes back up. it doesnt happen all the time. happened twice, once when my my windows stopped moving for a while (not responsive, but cursor still moves) and when it resumed it started to flicker. second is when my display slept and I woke it back up. are there logs that may potentially show what is the problem? how do I access such logs?

edit: looking at DPCImanager this shows up

2:681 0:113 === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:681 0:000 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - not found!
2:681 0:000 SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 3840x2160

why would it say 1920x1080 not found?

Last edited:
testing it today, it seems like I am still running into the issue with the flickering when my screen goes to sleep and wakes back up. it doesnt happen all the time. happened twice, once when my my windows stopped moving for a while (not responsive, but cursor still moves) and when it resumed it started to flicker. second is when my display slept and I woke it back up. are there logs that may potentially show what is the problem? how do I access such logs?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

edit: looking at DPCImanager this shows up

2:681 0:113 === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:681 0:000 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - not found!
2:681 0:000 SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 3840x2160

why would it say 1920x1080 not found?

This is from Clover. You probably have config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution=1920x1080, but your VESA/BIOS cannot set that resolution, so Clover is looking other valid modes.

Native Kaby Lake graphics drivers for Kaby Lake HD 630 are now available in 10.12.6. In order to enable native KBL graphics, the following changes are necessary.

Intel HD 6xx

For desktop systems with Intel HD 6xx graphics. Fix for most Intel HD 6xx graphics port layouts on 200 Series motherboards. Installs Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions. Adds the following to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: ig-platform-id=0x59120000.

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
https://sourceforge.net/projects/intelgraphicsfixup/

Hi guys, Just to notice that I have a kernel panic when I want to run with this method.
Here my config:

CPU: Intel 7700 kabylake
GPU: Intel HD graphics 630
Motherboard: Gigabite gaming gaming 7

And for the config.plist I've just added ig-platform-id=0x59120000 and install the two kexts.

Voila.

I don't know if I've did something wrong but it's maybe a bug.

Hi guys, Just to notice that I have a kernel panic when I want to run with this method.
Here my config:

CPU: Intel 7700 kabylake
GPU: Intel HD graphics 630
Motherboard: Gigabite gaming gaming 7

And for the config.plist I've just added ig-platform-id=0x59120000 and install the two kexts.

Voila.

I don't know if I've did something wrong but it's maybe a bug.

Just guessing as you didn't provide any details... but you probably forgot to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb in BIOS.

Just guessing as you didn't provide any details... but you probably forgot to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb in BIOS.

Great guess :) I was setting my prealloc to 128mb and then I've saw you're reply thank you.

PS: I'm not sure but It's appear that I don't need to install lilu and intelfixup kexts. and same to ig-platform, I don't need to setup it

Great guess :) I was setting my prealloc to 128mb and then I've saw you're reply thank you.

PS: I'm not sure but It's appear that I don't need to install lilu and intelfixup kexts. and same to ig-platform, I don't need to setup it

You will probably find that Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext will fix some lags you will notice while playing certain video content in your web browser.

You will probably find that Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext will fix some lags you will notice while playing certain video content in your web browser.

effectively I've noticed some lags but Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup have not fixed the lags

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back