Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
0x59128086 for ig-platform-id is invalid. You should *expect* it to disable the graphics drivers.

What is the issue with 0x59120000?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

I'm back and wonder that how to enable dual monitors through native KBL graphic driver.
I have two dell U2417H monitors and just one would work whatever connected by DP or HDMI……
I would be so appreciated if you help me.

I'm back and wonder that how to enable dual monitors through native KBL graphic driver.
I have two dell U2417H monitors and just one would work whatever connected by DP or HDMI……
I would be so appreciated if you help me.

Are you hotplugging or booting with both connected?
Have you verified each port works independently?

Are you hotplugging or booting with both connected?
Have you verified each port works independently?
I booting with both connected and each port can works independently in windows.
I place HDMI as the flat monitor and DP as the vertical monitor.
The clover and verbose screens was shown in DP vertically and then since the log-in screen, all was shown in HDMI screen.

I booting with both connected and each port can works independently in windows.
I place HDMI as the flat monitor and DP as the vertical monitor.
The clover and verbose screens was shown in DP vertically and then since the log-in screen, all was shown in HDMI screen.

Test each independently in macOS.

Test each independently in macOS.
Hello, I've tested and found both monitors can work well only if I reconnected the DP monitor when log in screen. If I don't reconnect it, DP monitor reported no signal and HDMI monitor screen was all black but a mouse.
So if there's a solution that can avoid reconnecting my monitor?

Last edited:
Hello, I've tested and found both monitors can work well only if I reconnected the DP monitor when log in screen. If I don't reconnect it, DP monitor reported no signal and HDMI monitor screen was all black but a mouse.
So if there's a solution that can avoid reconnecting my monitor?

Boot with only a single monitor connected (the problems with multi-monitors connected at boot are quite common since even Skylake kexts appeared).

Boot with only a single monitor connected (the problems with multi-monitors connected at boot are quite common since even Skylake kexts appeared).

So what you're saying is, no hope of a native 3 monitor setup on HD 6xx?

Looks like I kept my GTX 660Ti around for a reason!

10.12.6 latest beta now working native KBL with updated Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
Results regarding IMEI are same as 10.13 beta (native KBL)/10.12.5 (SKL spoof).

Note: SKL/KBL HD530/HD520/HD620/HD630 sleep still broken, so compatible graphics card still required.

Good config for Nvidia+Intel:
- Nvidia primary
- IGPU only enabled for compute/QuickSync (not tested)
- ig-platform-id 0x59120003 (no connectors)

In that scenario, AppleIntelMEIDriver loads against native IMEI (as expected)... sleep still working.

Are you saying that some of the sleep and wacky graphics problems might go away with a graphics card? If so, any suggestions (read: not too expensive since I am not a gamer) for a Graphics Card? I am using an i5 6500k with a GA-Z170X-UD5 with 10.13, Display Port connection.

Last edited:
Are you saying that some of the sleep and wacky graphics problems might go away with a graphics card? If so, any suggestions (read: not too expensive since I am not a gamer) for a Graphics Card? I am using an i5 6500k with a GA-Z170X-UD5 with 10.13, Display Port connection.

I purchased an Nvidia 1050Ti for my WIP Z270/i7-7700k.
It works with the Nvidia web drivers on 10.12.6 and the 10.13.1 beta (did not work on1 10.13.0).

I purchased an Nvidia 1050Ti for my WIP Z270/i7-7700k.
It works with the Nvidia web drivers on 10.12.6 and the 10.13.1 beta (did not work on1 10.13.0).

Would this be the same for any graphics cards? I see some people are using cards. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back