Contribute
Register

How to Download Catalina Installer when already updated to latest version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370 D3
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
RX580
It seems as though the App Store process has changed since I last completed a hackintosh build. Previously the button would be "download", while now it is "Get".

This then links me to checking my update status, and then tells me I have the latest version.

How do I get around this in order to download the Catalina installer for UniBeast to detect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! As I'm pulling my hair out over this already...

It seems as though the App Store process has changed since I last completed a hackintosh build. Previously the button would be "download", while now it is "Get".

This then links me to checking my update status, and then tells me I have the latest version.

How do I get around this in order to download the Catalina installer for UniBeast to detect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! As I'm pulling my hair out over this already...

Hi there.

If you already have Catalina installed with the same version then this is probably why you are seeing this.

I have an older Hack' running High Sierra and the App Store still says "Download" etc.

Here is an Apple Support link to the Catalina installer, with two options:

Sadly I think it also takes you to the App Store ...

Older versions are available too and perhaps you could install an older macOS and then upgrade again. Here's the Mojave link:

This shows the importance of making a back-up copy of the installer file once you have it I guess.

:)

Resolved! Hit "Get" about 10 different times and eventually it came up with an option to download haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back