Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

What are the minimum system requirements? i redeemed my code, sierra is in my purchased apps section but it says it can't be downloaded on this computer.
system=
macbook 5.2
4g ddr2 ram
evo 850 250gb
El Capitan

I also tried it on my hack imac14.2 with same message.
g3258
16gb ddr3 1600mhz
850 evo 250gb
MSI H97 pc mate

do you need to have your send diagnostics settings "on"?

Does the USB need to be formatted as GUID for a legacy machine? I read somewhere that legacy needs to be MBR. I'm trying to boot an Alienware M17xR3. It says "b1f something rather" then boots into bios and I have to power it off. I tried GUID and MBR but its the same for both.

Also, I used your config for legacy as well as putting FakeSMC.kext into the Other folder and deleting all os the 10.x folders. What am I missing?

Does the USB need to be formatted as GUID for a legacy machine? I read somewhere that legacy needs to be MBR. I'm trying to boot an Alienware M17xR3. It says "b1f something rather" then boots into bios and I have to power it off. I tried GUID and MBR but its the same for both.

Also, I used your config for legacy as well as putting FakeSMC.kext into the Other folder and deleting all os the 10.x folders. What am I missing?

This is a Desktop guide - For laptops post in Laptop Support.

I can't get to the installer. I get a blank screen (no signal on the monitor) after the progress bar finishes loading, so I can't get to the installer.

I created the USB media but didn't install clover on it because I already have Clover 3602 installed on another partition with kexts on /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ and it boots fine my El Capitan installation. Actually my El Cap partition is alone on a SSD without a bootloader. I have clover on another disk.

I have my DSDT properly set up or otherwise I'd have troubles on El Cap.

Any ideas?

Core i5 760 on a P55 board with a GTX 760.

After trying all the suggestions here, the only way to boot the installer past the grey screen was to remove all drives except the target drive from the system. Once Sierra was installed, re-installed my drives and Sierra will boot just fine off my existing Clover install that I use for El Cap. Lost some USB ports, followed the guide to create the SSDT-USB and will test it soon on Sierra. It works great with El Cap so I'm hopeful.

Edit: It works great in Sierra!
Edit 2: Had to use VoodooHDA to get audio working.

Last edited:
I am able to reach the installer and the install goes till it is just one minute left..but then i get a message “can not sign installer package“
After that the install breaks up.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2016-07-13 18.34.55.jpg
    2016-07-13 18.34.55.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I installed fresh from start to a blank HD. Worked fine and while setting the system up I transferred my settings and data via TimeMachine. Went good, too. Also Thunderbolt with my Apollo Twin is working, which is great.
BUT, I don´t get the Bootloader to run. I have to boot from stick and then choose my Sierra HD. I tried Clover via Multibeast. I tried also Clover 3320, and Clover 3602. I am getting this screen (see attachment) when not booting from USB Installation Stick.
Any ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 243
Boot from USB to get to desktop.
Mount USB EFI partition. Copy EFI folder to desktop.
Eject USB
Run Clover 3602 to install. If Clover does not mount it automatically, mount SSD/HDD EFI partition. Replace EFI folder with the one on the desktop.
Reboot.

Back