Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Boot from USB to get to desktop.
Mount USB EFI partition. Copy EFI folder to desktop.
Eject USB
Run Clover 3602 to install. If Clover does not mount it automatically, mount SSD/HDD EFI partition. Replace EFI folder with the one on the desktop.
Reboot.

Wow! Great. It worked. Thank you! Can you explain to me why? I´m curious why this solved the issue.

Wow! Great. It worked. Thank you! Can you explain to me why? I´m curious why this solved the issue.
The config.plist in the Clover EFI folder on the USB is known to work or you could not have booted the installer USB. Needed kexts were included in the kext folder on the USB.
The SSD/HDD needed boot files to be installed, which you did by running the Clover pkg file, but the default config.plist in the install pkg often has additional items not needed by your hardware and some may even interfere with your system booting properly. It also does not contain any kext files in the kext folders. So, by replacing the EFI folder installed by the Clover install pkg with the one on the USB, you are hopefully assured of being able to boot from the HDD/SSD. Once able to do that, you can run MultiBeast and install your kext files to System/Extensions for FakeSMC and networking and then get audio working and WiFi if you have it. Once that is complete, the kext files should be removed from the EFI/Clover/kext folders so you do not have 2 driver files interfering with each other.

The config.plist in the Clover EFI folder on the USB is known to work or you could not have booted the installer USB. Needed kexts were included in the kext folder on the USB.
The SSD/HDD needed boot files to be installed, which you did by running the Clover pkg file, but the default config.plist in the install pkg often has additional items not needed by your hardware and some may even interfere with your system booting properly. It also does not contain any kext files in the kext folders. So, by replacing the EFI folder installed by the Clover install pkg with the one on the USB, you are hopefully assured of being able to boot from the HDD/SSD. Once able to do that, you can run MultiBeast and install your kext files to System/Extensions for FakeSMC and networking and then get audio working and WiFi if you have it. Once that is complete, the kext files should be removed from the EFI/Clover/kext folders so you do not have 2 driver files interfering with each other.
Thank you for the insight. This helped me to understand.
Now, everything except my WIFI is working. Which is a bit strange. In the past WIFI was working flawless and Bluetooth gave me some headaches. But Bluetooth is working is good, as do iMessage, Siri, iCloud, Audio, Thunderbolt, .... Everything except WIFI.
I have an GA-Z87xud5-TH which has an inbuild BT/WIFI Card. The System says no Hardware Installed. It is an
BCM20702A0: ( Produkt-ID: 0x3404 Hersteller-ID: 0x13d3 (AzureWave Technologies, Inc.)

I also tried a KEXT from my El Capitan system but that crashed my whole macOS Beta and I had to start from scratch.

Any ideas?

So... Clover on the USB will not allow me to boot into the installer. It just goes back into Clover menu. On r3599.

Last edited:
My hack has problem with sleep/wake/shutdown on El Cap due to the HD530 graphics. Anyone know if it's solved in Sierra? If so, I may give it a try. Thanks.

This version of OS X 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer

Help!

When the Gold Master is released, will there be a simple guide with appropriate tools (e.g. Multi Beast) to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra? I love the current El Capitan guide plus associated tools and wonder if there will be the equivalent done when the Gold Master is released? The current Sierra guide, given that its beta, looks more difficult to follow and there are a lack of tools such as multibeast for it at the moment (which I get because its beta) - hence my question...

Back