How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benchmark
with GeekBench 4 I get:
Single Core 5374
Multicore 35748
Compute 141653

I think Single Core should be possible to get higher results. Is this a pure overclocking/bios setting task or can I also optimize it with clover settings/patches?
These results are reasonable for a stock i7-7820X. To push them higher you will have to overclock your CPU in BIOS.

For comparison these are my Geekbench scores for the i7-7280X and Vega 56 on 10.14.2:
Single-Core: 5463
Multi-Core: 35698
Compute (metal): 198258

The CPU is not overclocked and has sync all cores not enabled.
The GPU might have had some undervolting and higher memory clock enabled.

These results are reasonable for a stock i7-7820X. To push them higher you will have to overclock your CPU in BIOS.

For comparison these are my Geekbench scores for the i7-7280X and Vega 56 on 10.14.2:
Single-Core: 5463
Multi-Core: 35698
Compute (metal): 198258

The CPU is not overclocked and has sync all cores not enabled.
The GPU might have had some undervolting and higher memory clock enabled.
I got a 7820x overclocked at 5GHz in sync all cores (360mm AiO Rad) and a Vega 64 LC at stock. My Geekbench 6300 / 39000 for CPU and 210000 in OpenGL

I got a 7820x overclocked at 5GHz in sync all cores (360mm AiO Rad) and a Vega 64 LC at stock. My Geekbench 6300 / 39000 for CPU and 210000 in OpenGL
Impressive! :thumbup:

I like to add that my setup is on aircooling both for CPU and GPU in a tiny NCASE M1.
CPU wise there is not much headroom for OC. The GPU on the other hand can be pushed quite a bit.
Although not as efficient as NVidia Cards OOB i am quite impressed by the possibilities of the Vega cards regarding undervolting and overclocking the HBM. Especially as we are able to tweak the settings in/for MacOS.

Hmm... what would Interferenc say about this comment if he would still be here.
He was the one who did the work on the FakeSMC distribution for X299. @LeleTuratti
https://github.com/interferenc/HWSensors

View attachment 374512

View attachment 374513

What an awful comment! Typical for you. I don‘t know how many times I state in my guide and along my threads that the modifications in the Kozlek HWSensor distribution are of @interferenc! It is just obvious and everybody knows it. BTW.. the current version implemented in my EFI-Folder distribution exactly is from the @RehabMan fork where I subsequently introduced the modifications of @interferenc, as apparently he did not do it so far himself.

The new Vega modificationes concerning the GPUSensor.kext are my own by the way.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/misc/quick-navigation-menu?selected=node-114

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek/issues/30

I did not publish the resulting modified source code distribution elsewhere, as I would like @RehabMan to implement the respective modifications. Therefore I was also just lazy with my references in the respective post you decry above obviously for nothing, as the now implemented FakeSMC and Sensor kexts in my EFI-Folder distribution are just intermediate. Also the resulting source code is likely not identical with the one in the Github forks of @interferenc or @RehabMan . Thus where to currently refer to...

No idea what drives your intentations of permanently compromisung and attacking me here in public. You do not even stop at times like Xmas. The fact that you figure as anonym and you are German, should not allow you to permanently misbehave

A great day to you and Merry Christmas to anybody else. See you next year,

KGP

Last edited:
Does anyone have solid EFI folder build for the x299 GA Designare EX 7980EX build for 10.14.2 ?
I'm looking to solve a few issues with my x299 Designare EX 7980EX Vega10 Pro SSG build.

Issues:

Sleep = reboot (have sleep turned off for now) Shutdown works. system crashes when screen is sleep. thinking I might need a Vega kext or SSDT. I have tried a few with no luck.

Thunderbolt 3 - hot swap does not work. Will any of the various SSDT TB3. aml files work on this Mobo?
Bluetooth shows active but will not find any devices

@3dadd My board is similar to yours, I modified the thunderbolt 3 SSDT with some help from @kgp attached below.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
@kgp quick dumb question: On the 10.13 guide, EIST is set to disabled (actually "Disbaled" (sic)); on 10.14 it's set to "Enabled". Is there a difference in the OSs in the power management regard or is this discrepancy unintentional?

Also, do you believe disabling all power management (eist, speedshift) and c states and setting a manual all core clock would improve performance? Or just increase the power bill?

Guten Rutsch,

D

Last edited:
@kgp quick dumb question: On the 10.13 guide, EIST is set to disabled (actually "Disbaled" (sic)); on 10.14 it's set to "Enabled". Is there a difference in the OSs in the power management regard or is this discrepancy unintentional?

Also, do you believe disabling all power management (eist, speedshift) and c states and setting a manual all core clock would improve performance? Or just increase the power bill?

Guten Rutsch,

D

Just disable EIST, anything else as described in my guides.

Hi there @kgp did you manage to get Prime Deluxe X299 BIOS Ver. 1603 to work with your Config? Mine (just other CPU) isn't recognizing the USB XHCI Ports in any ways with 1603 flashed. 1503 works flawless. Even IOReg shows no XHCI Devices with 1603.

What are you running at? 1503?

Regards from Germany.

Hi, i was wondering if there is a way i can get the "T sensor 3 Temperature" information into iStatMenu? I have a 10k sensor connected to one of the headers on my asus tuf mark 1. iStatsmenu currently shows all the cpu temps, and fan information.

Attachments

• MoOTWrQfRiOAgvaTWy24hw.jpg
    MoOTWrQfRiOAgvaTWy24hw.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back