Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works OoB, but I don't use it as I employ the OSXWIFI.. which solution?

I mean how to activate the onboard bluetooth, its not showing in my system preferences, In windows 10 active.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 01.27.18.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 01.27.18.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
I mean how to activate the onboard bluetooth, its not showing in my system preferences

In your mainboard bios, I did not do anything else.

I would not waste much time on that anyway. You will need a BT/WIFI combo for airdrop, hands-off, continuity, and keyboard support in BIOS and Clover.

In your mainboard bios, I did not do anything else.

I would not waste much time on that anyway. You will need a BT/WIFI combo for airdrop, hands-off, continuity, and keyboard support in BIOS and Clover.

OK, I guess im gonna order the one you mentioned in your post later. Thanks for your fast reply brother

hi guys
i have issue with my hack (it recognized only 16 of 32 gb of ram) so I just updated bios version to 1604 (latest) on my x299-a
the issue is that now my usb are not working.
on windows they work.
is it possible that the new bios corrupted my USB Configuration on Mac OS?

hi guys
i have issue with my hack (it recognized only 16 of 32 gb of ram) so I just updated bios version to 1604 (latest) on my x299-a
the issue is that now my usb are not working.
on windows they work.
is it possible that the new bios corrupted my USB Configuration on Mac OS?

Nobody will be able to help you based on the information your are providing.. :rolleyes:

Please read beginning of Section C.) and come back with some adequate bug report..

Follow the guide, and disable the ports that you don't need... The motherboard has more ports than OSX can use, as Apple imposed a 15 port limit. On my MB, I disabled the USB3 ports inside that I didn't connect to my case, and I removed usb 2 from one of my USB3 ports on the back (one closest to the USB-C Port, making it USB3 only) in order to meet the port limit.

hi mate. could you please share your EFI-Folders please?
which bios version are you using?

OK, I guess im gonna order the one you mentioned in your post later. Thanks for your fast reply brother

@kgp Hi again, in your hackintosh did you manage to get the optical digital audio to work?

By your method i only was successful to activate the HDMI (DP) audio to work.

@kgp Hi again, in your hackintosh did you manage to get the optical digital audio to work?

By your method i only was successful to activate the HDMI (DP) audio to work.

Never tried that.. should work with AppleALC and SSDT though.. has nothing to do with HDAU.. that‘s definitely HDEF related.

Totally weird behaviour of the LG 5K2K with the GC-Alpine Ridge.

Windows 10:

b.) 5120x2160 @60Hz with Moshi USB-C to DP1.4 connected to one of the TB3 ports of the GC-Alpine Ridge and LG 5K2K DisplayPort setting DP1.2 (DP1.4 does not work at all)

In AMD Crimson I see:

Code:
Resolution: 5120x2160
Horiz. front porch: 25
Vert. front porch: 48
horiz. timing sync width: 97
vert. timing sync width: 9
pixel clock: 730,730
frequency: 60,003 Hz
AMD Crimson is missing back porch or total blanking. Or is there a method to recover those values from the above?

730.73 MHz (the timing from the DisplayPort EDID) is not possible with DisplayPort 1.2 unless the color depth is limited to 6 bit per component (262144 colors). 8 bit per component max pixel clock is 720 MHz (assuming all data is pixels) according to my calculations.

The graphics card can support DisplayPort 1.4 and the display can support DisplayPort 1.4 but Alpine Ridge (between the graphics card and the display) can't. I guess Alpine Ridge is not modifying the DPCD info to inform the graphics card that it should not attempt to use DisplayPort 1.4 timing? It would be nice to have a utility to see the DPCD for this case.

c.) 5120x2160 @60Hz with direct TB connection of the LG 5K2K via one of the TB3 ports of the GC-Alpine Ridge and LG 5K2K DisplayPort setting DP1.2 (DP1.4 does not work at all)

In AMD Crimson I see:

Code:
Resolution: 2560x2160
Horiz. front porch: 8
Vert. front porch: 1
horiz. timing sync width: 32
vert. timing sync width: 8
pixel clock: 353,130
frequency: 59,6616 Hz
I guess it's reporting the timing for only one of the two DisplayPort 1.2 inputs of the Thunderbolt dual link SST connection. This timing is from the Thunderbolt EDID.

macOS 10.14.2:

b.) 3840x2160 @60Hz with Moshi USB-C to DP1.4 connected to one of the TB3 ports of the GC-Alpine Ridge and LG 5K2K DisplayPort setting DP1.2 (DP1.4 does not work at all). Works only while the LG 38UC99 is also connected via HDMI!
Maybe 4K is the max because macOS won't allow a resolution unless there's enough bandwidth to support 8 or 10 bit per component? That is not possible for 5K2K60Hz at DisplayPort 1.2 speed. I have no idea why it can't work without the LG 38UC99 connected.

The TB SSDT was just an add-on.. you can try it but you don't have to stay with. Surprised that the other TB-SSDT worked anyway. You have been missing SSDT-DTPG.aml in your EFI-Folder.

Let's mainly see if the KP was due to one of the sensor kexts.

And an update of Clover did not harm for sure. You used different efi-drivers from different Clover versions, which in my opinion is not a very good idea.

Hi @kgp! After 3 days no kernel panic! I hope not to talk too soon though :shh:

There is only one thing that does not convince me...
When working with Logic pro X I often get the famous "System Overload" error.
With Cubase instead, Average Audio-Processing Load random spikes, and audio skips.

This often happens lately, and suspicious, I checked with Intel Power Gadget. Note that the CPU frequency (i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz) has continuous spikes, and this could be the cause of some problems during the work.
8700K.png

This can be seen from the Istat Menu bars, even if it does not show last hour statistics, but only from 24 hours onwards.
iStatMenu.png

Currently I use "PluginType" in Clover for Power Management, and running the tests everything is up and running.
What do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back