Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with that beside I don't personally need it as I use AMD hackintoshes and slow macs that don't need monitoring.
The person that will use this would rather be given the least possible amount of info.
If I need it I will get it. I didn't know HWMonitor doesn't work and gives wrong info.

I'm implementing the changes you suggested now. Thanks a lot for that!!!

Alright.. I don't know if you have seen my add-on in my reply above:

Note the possibility of purchasing a closed of-the-shelf CPU water blocking system like the Corsair H150i or the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360, which will be much more suited for your application and will not leak at all.

This is @interferenc distribution with Kozlek GPUSensors.kext

It shows 11 cores for temps and 10 for frequency/multiplier

GPU is perfect.
istat2.jpeg

This is @interferenc distribution with Kozlek GPUSensors.kext

It shows 11 cores for temps and 10 for frequency/multiplier

GPU is perfect.
View attachment 317711

Do you use all sensor kexts and also the FakeSMC kext of @interferenc but the GPUSensors.kext from Kozlek?

If doing so, in my case the CPU core sensor data are complete and properly implemented: see post #6112 ...

I once more attach the respective modified binary distribution below.

Attachments

• HW-Sensors-IF.zip
    171.4 KB · Views: 90
yes, the kexts are the one posted @post6112, only new GPU kext.

yes, the kexts are the one posted @post6112, only new GPU kext.

Strange, and why the CPU sensor data then are suddenly not properly displayed in your case?

You have core 11 under temps, which should not be there. And you have core 18 under package multiplier, which also should not be there..

Stange, as you said that it properly worked before.. The only thing that changed is the GPU Sensor kext.. :rolleyes:

And if you take the old GPU Sensor kext of @interferenc, the CPU sensor information is again correct, as before?

Last edited:
Strange, and why the CPU sensor data then are suddenly not properly displayed in your case? That's nearly impossible, as it worked before.. The only thing that changed is the GPU Sensor kext.. :rolleyes:

And if you take the old GPU Sensor kext of @interferenc, the CPU sensor information is again complete, as before?

same result with original post kexts

istat3.jpeg

and here with heavy CPU load, old kexts + new GPU kext

neu.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 317714

same result, without GPU

You have core 11 under temps, which should not be there. And you have core 18 under multiplier, which also should not be there..

Strange, as you said that it properly worked before.. The only thing that changed is the GPU Sensor kext..

Tweeted to @Bjango, to see if the problem is @ istatmenus or it is a problem related with the sensor kexts.

With my i9-7980XE, everything works as expected though...

Last edited:
Alright.. I don't know if you have seen my add-on in my reply above:

Note the possibility of purchasing a closed of-the-shelf CPU water blocking system like the Corsair H150i or the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360, which will be much more suited for your application and will not leak at all.
Thanks a lot.
The system works nice with Max Turbo @ 4200
It's the peak temp the issue when above. It's more the capacity of the lid to transfer immediate heat than the sustained temp.
@ 4500 once it gets to 105° it stays there even for an hour.
IMO it's more the de-lidding than the water block the issue, as in 3/4 sec the water block wouldn't be able to do anything.

@4200 peak Temp is at 80°

Thanks a lot.
The system works nice with Max Turbo @ 4200
It's the peak temp the issue when above. It's more the capacity of the lid to transfer immediate heat than the sustained temp.
@ 4500 once it gets to 105° it stays there even for an hour.
IMO it's more the de-lidding than the water block the issue, as in 3/4 sec the water block wouldn't be able to do anything.

@4200 peak Temp is at 80°

With "ASUS Multicore Enhancement" enabled and Cpu Core Ration on "Sync all Cores"?

What speaks against delidding the i9-7900X?

I don't agree with your conclusion that a water block would not instantly remove the temp excess.. this is totally at odd with my experience and observations. You air cooler is not able to deal with the heat load produced by vcores @ frequencies >4.2 Ghz

Last edited:
You have core 11 under temps, which should not be there. And you have core 18 under multiplier, which also should not be there..

Strange, as you said that it properly worked before.. The only thing that changed is the GPU Sensor kext..

Tweeted to @Bjango, to see if the problem is @ istatmenus or it is a problem related with the sensor kexts.

With my i9-7980XE, everything works as expected though...

no, sorry. It was the same before.

Strange 10/11 cores with iStat Menus, only 8 cores showing with HWMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back