Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New automatised script for macOS 10.13.3 (17D2047) Full Package Installer creation

As you may have noticed, some of the former links for the 10.13.2 (17C2120) Full Package Installer Creation are broken since the release of 10.13.3 (17D2047).

@macandrea was so kind to rapidly provide a new automatic macOS 10.13.3 (17D2047) full package installer creation script, which I distribute below for testing on iMacPro and non-iMacPro system.

Abstract and Introduction and Section D.) of my guide in the originating post of this thread have been updated accordingly.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

All the best and good luck,

kgp.png

Attachments

• createInstaller.sh.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.157 for MacOS 10.13.3 (17D2047) released

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.157.pkg

Code:
Hi Klaus,

I was informed Web Driver version the 387.10.10.10.25.157
has been posted for 17D2047. You can download the new
driver directly here:
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.157.pkg

Best regards,
Ray

View attachment 308507

Guys, with the new driver the ui is lagging badly! Does anyone also experience this?
I have 980gtx ti.

New automatised script for macOS 10.13.3 (17D2047) Full Package Installer creation

As you may have noticed, some of the former links for the 10.13.2 (17C2120) Full Package Installer Creation are broken since the release of 10.13.3 (17D2047).

@macandrea was so kind to rapidly provide a new automatic macOS 10.13.3 (17D2047) full package installer creation script, which I distribute below for testing on iMacPro and non-iMacPro system.

Please forgive me, but I am too tired to update section D.) of my guide still by today. I really hope you will be able to manage to run the new script and perform the rest of necessary steps by means of my former yet unmodified instructions.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

All the best and good luck,

View attachment 308549

Firstly, I'd like to express my cordial THANK YOU! to KGP for creating this awesome and inspiring Guide. I have been following KGP since the holidays and just finished my hardware build.

Secondly, the automatised script couldn't have been more timely, as I couldn't use the former .sh for 17C2120.

Thirdly, a quick question: I have the 10.13.3 (17D47) Installer downloaded from the AppStore. Would this 17D47 still cohere to the suggestions specified in the Guide?

Guys, with the new driver the ui is lagging badly! Does anyone also experience this?
I have 980gtx ti.

It seems just to lag with Maxwell cards.. There was similar response to the 17D47 driver anywhere.
If you are not content with the new NVIDIA driver implementation for 17D2047, I recommend to use the patched former Webdriver x.106 for 17C2205 instead.

My Pascal GPU however works splendid with the new web driver for 17D2047...

Good luck,

KGP

It seems just to lag with Maxwell cards.. There was similar response to the 17D47 driver anywhere.
If you are not content with the new NVIDIA driver implementation for 17D2047, I recommend to use the patched former Webdriver x.106 for 17C2205 instead.

My Pascal GPU however works splendid with the new web driver for 17D2047...

Good luck,

KGP
Hey, thanks I'll give it a try.

Hey @Ramalama, @AnaktuvGod, any success leaving the system up and running for a couple of days? What's your maximum uptime?
dunno, I've never tried to get sth like a server uptime....
but my hack never crashed... I believe I had sth like 15h uptime... but however I dont let my pc run all time...

Cheers :)

Does really no one have the acer 38 inch screen???

Is the lg marketing that good, or are we all so stupid to buy the same panel from lg, for 500€ more??? Lol...

Edit: @kgp
Can you add for a temporary time on the first page, where everyone can see it,
"Please Post, if you have an Acer XR382CQK Screen"
Or sth like that...

Hey @Ramalama, @AnaktuvGod, any success leaving the system up and running for a couple of days? What's your maximum uptime?

Did one day prior and was cool...left it up for the second day / came home from work / kernel panic

Just reinstalled today on my m.2 samsung ssd 960 and will continue setting up once im home from work.

some old legend says... :p

"...if MSR 0xE2 isn't locked you shouldn't be able to boot without "xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" Clover KernelToPatch assuming you've already made sure to disable it..."

Did you read this and disabled it..? and tried to boot without thit patch..? ;)

You know.... may have missed that one step lol..... I'll try that when i get home as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back