Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did one day prior and was cool...left it up for the second day / came home from work / kernel panic

Just reinstalled today on my m.2 samsung ssd 960 and will continue setting up once im home from work.

You sure it was a KP? Could you please post the KP info from the logs here?

Read that the Vega 64 had better support under 10.13.4(beta) and pleased to know that the update worked flawlessly on my gigabyte aorus gaming 7 x299 mobo. Vega card actually ramps down and doesn't sound like a 24/7 jet engine which I'm much happy for. System profiler also gives more descriptive information on the card as well. Haven't ran any benchmarks as I didn't run any on my 10.13.2 that I was running before so no baseline to compare against but nice to get this native support from the folks at Apple. :)
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 11.14.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 11.15.19 PM.png

this is right - but it looks like the new 091-62779.English.dist file is more restrictive on what boardIDs it will run the program to create "Install macOS High Sierra.app" on, i.e. only iMacPros?

Yes, I suppose this is to be expected. Just like the previous version, it seems there is a English.dist for iMacPro1,1 and another for the other systems...

some old legend says... :p

"...if MSR 0xE2 isn't locked you shouldn't be able to boot without "xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" Clover KernelToPatch assuming you've already made sure to disable it..."

Did you read this and disabled it..? and tried to boot without thit patch..? ;)

@mgregrs @Thireus :mrgreen:

Much thanks guys!! :headbang:

Mydumbassforgotthisstep.png

sooooo yea.... too much medicine for me haha!

Guess I did unlock it initially the whole time. Made the kerneltopatch adjustments, rebooted, No probs. Thanks guys.

@Thireus

Regarding that KP, I came home from work after the second day of having it running (so I assumed) but it was sleeping.... well, press the space bar to wake it and though the computer did, the screen never changed from blank. I assumed crash/KP? After rebooting can't recall if it was clover or Mac but I do recall a screen stating something along the lines of the system had a kernel panic an blah blah blah.... sorry I can't be more help on that as at that time it wasn't priority as a reboot calmed everything. With that being said I'm assuming the KP happened upon wake maybe? (if it was KP'd already it should've technically been crashed and unable to respond to me pressing any keys correct?) But since we are starting to simply fine tune things on our ends (us X299ers) with apple constantly releasing updates that's turning our machines more of the native, I will definitely keep aware for the next time it happens. I leave my computers running all the time though they do sleep.

@Ramalama I don’t own a Acer but I have a iiyama 40 inch 4K Screen and auto brightness works with it...

Thanks, but it does not help:(
I want to check which bytes in the edid is different, or what exactly makes nightshift working...
I need to see exact which section in the edid is different, and this is only possible with 2 same monitors, one with working nightshift and one without...

To be clear, i dont need exactly the acer 38 inch panel, if i can get 2 edids from another 2 panels which are similar, but one with working nightshift and one without....

So i can make a edid based patch almost for everyone...

But find 2 similar panels is more difficult, as find one acer 38 inch, i think...

Cheers:)

It seems just to lag with Maxwell cards.. There was similar response to the 17D47 driver anywhere.
If you are not content with the new NVIDIA driver implementation for 17D2047, I recommend to use the patched former Webdriver x.106 for 17C2205 instead.

My Pascal GPU however works splendid with the new web driver for 17D2047...

Good luck,

KGP
Just did the patch with 106 and it just works so good. Also did it with "Webdriver All Versions.app" since the other one wasn't working for me. @kgp Danke Klaus und alles Gute zum Geburtstag, nachträglich! ;)

Reactions: kgp
Regarding that KP, I came home from work after the second day of having it running (so I assumed) but it was sleeping.... well, press the space bar to wake it and though the computer did, the screen never changed from blank. I assumed crash/KP? After rebooting can't recall if it was clover or Mac but I do recall a screen stating something along the lines of the system had a kernel panic an blah blah blah.... sorry I can't be more help on that as at that time it wasn't priority as a reboot calmed everything. With that being said I'm assuming the KP happened upon wake maybe? (if it was KP'd already it should've technically been crashed and unable to respond to me pressing any keys correct?) But since we are starting to simply fine tune things on our ends (us X299ers) with apple constantly releasing updates that's turning our machines more of the native, I will definitely keep aware for the next time it happens. I leave my computers running all the time though they do sleep.

I highly suspect that it was a system freeze. Any chances you can leave it on for at least 24h and monitor if it freezes please?

I highly suspect that it was a system freeze. Any chances you can leave it on for at least 24h and monitor if it freezes please?

You got it. Just had an issue trying to use @kgp 's modified 106 drivers for 10.13.3 and it wasn't working for me as well.

kgp106.png

I just downloaded from the link he posted in regards to the Nvidia official release and now everything is smooth.

My Final Specs.png

uptime starting..... now! Will update you on status with kp/crash if it happens @Thireus

You got it. Just had an issue trying to use @kgp 's modified 106 drivers for 10.13.3 and it wasn't working for me as well.

View attachment 308631

I just downloaded from the link he posted in regards to the Nvidia official release and now everything is smooth.

View attachment 308637

uptime starting..... now! Will update you on status with kp/crash if it happens @Thireus

What do you mean that my patched Web Driver was not working? Did you modify after the patched Web Driver installation the NVDAStartupWeb.kext as indicated? And did you activate "Nvidia Web Driver" in the Nvidia driver manager?

What do you mean that my patched Web Driver was not working? Did you modify after the patched Web Driver installation the NVDAStartupWeb.kext as indicated? And did you activate "Nvidia Web Driver" in the Nvidia driver manager?

Possibly could have been me not modifying NVDAStartupWeb.kext. I assumed it wouldn't be necessary with the distro you put out but I'm sure that may have been the case :thumbup:. Seemed as if once in the Nvidia control panel under the Graphics Drivers section that the area was greyed out not allowing me to even choose Nvidia as the driver. Used Mac drivers by default and a popup stating something along the lines of my current OS. I believe what threw me off was prior when I did a repackage on my first successful install, it was on 10.13.2. Now that I'm on 10.13.3 downloaded the 157 drivers from your post and I'm golden now.

I guess goin back and fourth, reading about all the graphic stuff I had to got lost somewhere down the line. But nonetheless I'm good to go now and man am I learning a lot from you guys and using these knew tools. Haven't hackintoshed in years... goin back from iBoot and installing snow leopard to all these new toys like Clover and other tools. Just loving hackintosh life right now :thumbup:

and cheers @kgp :clap: This thread inspired me to get the hardware I got. You da man.

On a special note though...

I'm aware you constantly update your guide for all to use and go by but was wondering if you were in the future or possibly one day thinking about simplifying the guide to a short quick general X299 guide. I love the detail you put into it for a reference but as I've got through your guide installation more than once, I can't help but to notice a lot of notes I skip over that either doesn't to pertain to us anymore or is simply a (just in case you want to know). For example, the part where we create our own installer... well that comes prior and its like a few lines of curls we have to do.... so I do it just to see right at the end of that section, THEN you add about thanks to someone all this has been automated with this file .sh something like that. Though I felt like I accomplished something creating my own based on your notes... would have saved me some effort.time to have seen the aio installer creator prior to the steps. Also as we move on up like George and Weezy with Apple constantly adding compatibility, some stuff just isn't necessary to list or even mention in regards to what has changed since... (older OS revisions of High Sierra) and of course this is in regards to a simplified guide. I could just shut the F up and let you keep doing your thing cuz its most definitely is an official detailed how to do guide... just was speaking for if anything the more moderate and possibly new adopters to the hackintosh community as something appearing a little simpler to them can and may influence new and more innovators. (I mean we are closing in on 500 posts soon... this has to be a record lol)

Just my opinion ... but you still official like a referee with a whistle in my book :headbang:

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back