Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and successfully running official release of 10.13.3 (17D2047)

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 05.40.41.png

The good news are that with the official release of 10.13.3 (17D2047) the AppleUSBXHCIPCI driver with IOPCIClassMatchID 0xa2af8086 is back to XHCI@14000000

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 05.50.35.png

and the entire XHC USB 3.0 issue during the 10.13.3 betas has been removed by itself automatically.

All XHC USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports are again natively implemented. Apple even solved the previous problem of the internal implementation of USB HDDs and SSDs. All USB drives are now correctly implemented as external.

The entire XHC USB Kext discussion is herewith obsolete. Full native XHC USB implementation without any need for additional USB kexts!

Cheers and good night,

KGP

So I am configured as iMac Pro and am using an x299 board. When I try to install the iMac Pro version of the update, it shows that my boot drive is not APFS ---- but if I look at the drive in Disk Utility, it shows as an APFS drive.
Any thoughts as to what the problem is?

So I am configured as iMac Pro and am using an x299 board. When I try to install the iMac Pro version of the update, it shows that my boot drive is not APFS ---- but if I look at the drive in Disk Utility, it shows as an APFS drive.
Any thoughts as to what the problem is?

You should format the destination drive of your macOS installation in HFS+ with GPT. Does this help in your issue?

You should format the destination drive of your macOS installation in HFS+ with GPT. Does this help in your issue?
The 10.13.3 installer says that the drive needs to be APFS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.42.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.42.53 PM.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.43.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.43.26 PM.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 139
Maybe a little too late, but...

Happy Birthday KGP!!! :D :headbang::cool:
18 years old again and again -aah.... that great feeling :p

I hope you will be always so unique and patient for almost all of us :p
with 120% of health and great humor everyday :D :thumbup:
Have a great day! ;)
hqdefault.jpg
happy-birthday-klaus-cheers.png

Ask KGP.
Do you use HFSPlus.efI with drivers 64 UEFI?
Or do you use VBox Hfs.efI?

Some people say HFSPlus are faster than VboxHFS.

Are you not uploading HFS's to copyright issues?

Please reply.

Update doesn't show up in AppStore for me.

@Thireus Hey not sure but try it again. I just installed from scratch and just updated to 10.13.3. I just went to the App Store and hit the updates icon in the upper left and it popped up with iTunes and another update. Not sure if a factor could be you using the Intel instead of the Acquantia port (I'm using Acquantia) and I'm also HFS+ and I know you were leaning going towards AAFS. It should work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back