Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp remember when i told you to wait....

the issue with USB is solved ;)

i would love for you to explain though, why you personally feel that using an injector is bad and why you would like to not use one. thank you!

PS. i got the first post on page #420 :headbang:

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 3.08.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Thunderbolt working perfectly!

Just by the way: Fully native USB without any kext or patches on 10.13.3 with my Gigabyte X299 Designare EX!

Thanks for the quick response. So by "Thunderbolt working perfectly", do you also mean that it is actually hot pluggable? Or is it the same as with a Gigabyte or ASUS add-on cards where you have to connect and power a Thunderbolt device prior to booting the system?

You will never have a hot pluggable hackintosh but for me this was never a problem and I use thunderbolt devices for already 5 years minimum.

I agree, it's not a deal breaker in any way. Was just curious if anything has changed. I'm actually quite happy with this mobo performance in Windows. Now want to get Os X installed to see if it will perform better than it does in Windows. Either way, thank you for your quick responses.

I have it working with our native resolution 3840x1600...

The acer 38inch which have the same panel have working nightshift, native
The dell does not...

So im searching anyone with acer 38imch panel... I need the edid to modify our lg 38 inch...

I have it at the moment working with a display override profile. We dont need the mergenub kext...
I just want to make a clover edid patch, that we dont need a override profile...

But native resolution with nightshift is not a problem here.

You dont need to go below 3840 to disable the tv mode, there are other ways:)

Cheers:)
That is super weird. From what I tested a few months back was that all 38inch monitors with that resolution had that issue. Does that panel have the same specs?

I was thinking something could be done in clover but never got around to it. Or if the Acer panel is working then making a modified EDID.
I currently am running a modified EDID with the default refresh rate 75hz.

Good luck!! Let me know when you find a solution :)

Besides of all the hackintosh stuff....

There is something much more important today....

Happy Birthday to my buddy @kgp !!!

Wish you all the best for the next 100 years :headbang:
Have a great evening and just a wonderful time with your loved ones.

ohh I join @DSM2 !! Happy birthday @kgp !!!

Reactions: kgp
@kgp remember when i told you to wait....

the issue with USB is solved ;)

i would love for you to explain though, why you personally feel that using an injector is bad and why you would like to not use one. thank you!

PS. i got the first post on page #420 :headbang:

View attachment 307964

What do you mean by the USB issue is solved? Do you think it is enough to take my SMBIOS iMac17,1 XHC USB kext and to write everywhere ImacPro there for selling it subsequently as your contribution and your solition? I spent the entire afternoon working on my kext and fixed two major bugs still... you should really take my new XHC USB kext and feel the difference!!!!

Shael i guess you will never change and learn from your errors.. you always behave the same childish, agressive, offensive and ridiculous way like today once more in the other forum. Your comments are many times just a shame for anybody. I guess that you repeatedly forget that your ennoying comments are open to the public.

Why I am against my even partly own XHC USB kext approach? I already explained you repeatedly that any XHC USB kext is board specific, which means it is just valid for one mainboard kind, like in case of my XHC USB kext it is in principle just valid for the ASUS prime x299 deluxe.

For each kind of mainboard you have to create a separate kext, which means to start each time really from scratch and not as you did just to change some text naming. Anyway being expert now in XHC USB kext creation, you can offer your service of excellemce to anybody in need of the latter. You can create hundreds of kexts for hundreds of mainboards!! You might become really famous! :lol: The latter hopefully also will help in stabilzing your ego. Enjoy and have fun!

KGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back