How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ALL
Anyone here with lg 38uc99 i can make a guide for:
1. Brightness control of the display with brightness keys or f1/f2 keys
2. How to enable nightshift for this display

@ALL
Does anyone know how to enable HDCP with an nvidia graphic card? For example, you can test netflix in safari...
Shiki doesnt work....

With amd graphic cards or better to say with native osx graphic drivers (which doesnt exists for pascal cards) hdcp works perfectly... Even without shiki...

I know there are workarounds with chrome or silverlight... But i want working hdcp...

Cheers:)

@ALL
Anyone here with lg 38uc99 i can make a guide for:
1. Brightness control of the display with brightness keys or f1/f2 keys
2. How to enable nightshift for this display

@ALL
Does anyone know how to enable HDCP with an nvidia graphic card? For example, you can test netflix in safari...
Shiki doesnt work....

With amd graphic cards or better to say with native osx graphic drivers (which doesnt exists for pascal cards) hdcp works perfectly... Even without shiki...

I know there are workarounds with chrome or silverlight... But i want working hdcp...

Cheers:)

@Ramalama ,

Don't use @ALL , it is one single user like us who get's addressed by this abbreviation! This abbreviation does not address ALL users following this thread. ALL users following this thread are automatically notified by e-mail about any new post.

Now: I have already seen the instructions on InsanelyMac for Brightness Control via f1/f2 keys. I do have a 38uc99 and for me it does not work. Thus, if you want to summarise a short instructive guideline for brightness adjustment via f1/f2 and Nightshift within a short post, please go ahead. However, do not forget to mention the originator of the approach your are eager at.

Cheers,

KGP

1) kgp already answered that in post #4101
2) Right now I'm on iMacPro 1.1 with patched bios 1004 with unlocked MSR 0xE2. Havent had time to update bios.
And as I stated before, everything was working while I was using imac 17.1 as well.
3) All drivers are in Other only.
Hello Rabish

I upgraded my bios in 1102
But I do not know if MSR is unlocked,
Capture d’écran 2018-01-22 à 16.30.26.png
Capture d’écran 2018-01-22 à 16.38.56.png

I send you 2 screenshot

Good anyway since I updated the bios it works well, my Blackmagic card works properly.
KGP It works like that so I will stay in Simbios i mac 17,1 and I keep the old EFI.

Thanks to KGP and Rabish

Hello Rabish

I upgraded my bios in 1102
But I do not know if MSR is unlocked,
View attachment 307749 View attachment 307750
I send you 2 screenshot

Good anyway since I updated the bios it works well, my Blackmagic card works properly.
KGP It works like that so I will stay in Simbios i mac 17,1 and I keep the old EFI.

Thanks to KGP and Rabish

your bios is patched.

i think you should reconsider trying to get the blackmagic card working with smbios imacpro 1,1.

Well...
1st of all: Many, many thank's again to kgp for his NEW updated and better "gestaltete" AWESOME guide!!!
2nd. thank's also to You ALL for your contribution.
I wanted only to share that today I also was able to upgrade to iMacPRO...
the process was very simple and intuitive as always (thank's again to this very comprehensive and easy to follow guide)...no stops during the upgrade process, no issues at all during MACOS update process ...basically following the indicated steps all worked as one would expect from one "native Apple" product ;-)) !!!
I can also confirm that the system is very stable, and here shared my Geekbench results.
I wanted only to point out the fact that during the geekbench Intel Power Gadget showed that the power consumption of the package did goes up to 260W (as setted by me in the BIOS) , and max speed was 4,65GHZ (I setted 4,7GHZ in the BIOS) ; (natively the i9-7940x is 165W, 4,4GHz) that's AWESOME!!!!
Still the peak temperature was 56 C and average 35C.
Last but not least even the DDR4 speed shows NOW up correctly and is natively recognised by macOS!!!
2 x AWESOME!!!

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 alle 17.06.39.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-22 alle 17.10.34.jpg

P1LGRIM's guide is still valid.
As of now, there seems to be no lookup data available for iMac Pro in everymac.com so lookup will fail.
Invalid serial number on Apple coverage check is exactly what we want, because that means the serial number you are checking is not already registered with Apple.
So, we are half blindly trusting that everything is in order - and so is Apple because iMessage is definitely working when you configure you machine according to the guide.
JimmyS... THANK's a lot!!!

My only problem is that Icloud account does not "work" anymore on the new imacPro...well' if there is one way to inject the 1st time one correct serial number, without thinkering ... this would be the final "cherry" on the cake!!!

My only problem is that Icloud account does not "work" anymore on the new imacPro...well' if there is one way to inject the 1st time one correct serial number, without thinkering ... this would be the final "cherry" on the cake!!!

Just implement serial number, board serial number and SmUUID as described in the guide..

I already have iMac Pro :D

It's version 17C2120, I know because the only webdriver that has let me install has been WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.105 that corresponds to 17C2120.
View attachment 307644

Why is not 17C2120 indicated in "About this Mac" along with version number 10.13.2?

So the only way you could fix this, was a fresh install ? I am having the same problems as you. Even @kgp EFI folder hangs at boot after aptiofix..

Using the exact config.plist as works with just changing to imacpro causes the issue

So the only way you could fix this, was a fresh install ? I am having the same problems as you. Even @kgp EFI folder hangs at boot after aptiofix..

Using the exact config.plist as works with just changing to imacpro causes the issue

what build are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back