Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@x-9er I got the PRIME X299-A working almost flawlessly following kgp´s guide and applying it to the boards specifications. Apart from shutdown and restart all seems to be fine. If you like i´ll provide my efi + patched bios.

A strange thing just happend to me last night:
I tried to do a clean install of 10.13.2 on my X99 and my X299 build. After preparing and booting the USB Stick, clover is not able to see the install partition from the bootstick. It just doesn´t show up in the menu. I already googled the problem and there seems to be an issue with clover and the latest High Sierra build.
Does it ever happend to anyone else around here?
Is there a solution to this problem?

No issues known..

Yeah, the LiveDash OLED is really an advantage to the X299-A, I don't wanna miss it.
But I have some strange "problems" here. If I edit the AML (only want to edit the location of the WLAN Card) and I save the modified file, on next boot the PCI Information in SystemProfiler is almost empty. Is there something known about this? With the original aml all is working but shutdown hangs on D6 (LED from Mainboard). Sleep/Wake is not working also. Anyone also have this?

Yeah, the LiveDash OLED is really an advantage to the X299-A, I don't wanna miss it.
But I have some strange "problems" here. If I edit the AML (only want to edit the location of the WLAN Card) and I save the modified file, on next boot the PCI Information in SystemProfiler is almost empty. Is there something known about this? With the original aml all is working but shutdown hangs on D6 (LED from Mainboard). Sleep/Wake is not working also. Anyone also have this?

If you do not properly implement one PCI device, all are gone.. there must be still some mistakes in your modifications of your WLAN-card PCI implementation..

Nope.. in fact you have to remove clover's rc-scripts if installed on your system disk to have native NVRAM.

Thank you for your kindness.
Can I ask you another question?
How can I remove clover's rc-scripts?

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood something. I just edit:

Change External (_SB_.PC03.BR3D.ARPT, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
to
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19.PXSX, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

and then edit

Scope (_SB.PC03.BR3D.ARPT)
to
Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP19.PXSX)

So the OS X WiFi Adapter should be showed in PCI in SysProfile. Or what did I wrong?

Attached a screen of IO Explorer.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-16 um 10.32.30.JPG
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-16 um 10.32.30.JPG
    553.6 KB · Views: 118
Thank you for your kindness.
Can I ask you another question?
How can I remove clover's rc-scripts?

See C.1 of my guide. Updated 1 hour ago ;)

Hi all, I'm trying my 1st Hackintosh on a Gigabyte x299 gaming 7 with i9-7900x and keep getting kernel panics. I posted and attached error log & efi on the desktop support forum on this thread. I'd be grateful for any guidance the community could provide. Thanks!

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood something. I just edit:

Change External (_SB_.PC03.BR3D.ARPT, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
to
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19.PXSX, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

and then edit

Scope (_SB.PC03.BR3D.ARPT)
to
Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP19.PXSX)

So the OS X WiFi Adapter should be showed in PCI in SysProfile. Or what did I wrong?

Attached a screen of IO Explorer.

What about the ACPI replacements?

e.g. SLOC -> ARPT might do something in your case you don't want at all..

Hi all, I'm trying my 1st Hackintosh on a Gigabyte x299 gaming 7 with i9-7900x and keep getting kernel panics. I posted and attached error log & efi on the desktop support forum on this thread. I'd be grateful for any guidance the community could provide. Thanks!

Why do you open a separate thread for that issue? Anyway, do you use VoodooTSCSync.kext?

Thanks for the reply.

I've placed VoodooTSCSync.kext in clover>kexts>others, and have modified it to 19:

<key>VoodooTSCSync</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>org_voodoo_driver_VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>19</integer>