Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard somewhere, that with the latest clover distribution it is not anymore necessary to boot the first steps of the MacOS installer with an EFI that does not contain the Emuvariable64.efi!

This means your USB Flash drive installer can contain the Emuvariable64.efi and therfore you can perform all steps of the macOS installation with the EFI on the USB flash drive installer.

As a first step when in the macOS installation menu, you will have to open a terminal and format your NVme with HFS+ and GPT. Then you select the new partitioned NVMe drive as the destination of the installation.

After the successful macOS installation you also provide the NVMe with an EFI-Folder in it’s EFI partion. Directly afterwards you can boot your 10.13 NVMe drive with its proper EFI folder.
Thanks for this answer. I was wondering exactly the same as the other member. :thumbup:

That means that PSU is not the problem.
I would start by leaving just bare minimum (1 RAM module (in different slots if needed), 1 GPU, system SSD) and try to power up then. If still no luck then I would try to reflash BIOS.

BTW - check if you MB battery is not dead. I dont know if that could cause such behaviour, but you can check just to be sure.

After that I have no more ideas foru you :(

I would flash the bios directly;)

The novice asks questions.
How do I apply ' SSDT - X299. AML '?

The main board I use is the ' asrock x299 killer. '
Most of them are normal right now.
But I can't sleep / wake up.

I'd like to apply the ' SSDT - X 299 '.
I don't know what to do.

Thanks folks for all your testing efforts - it seems a lot keeps on changing all the time. By this I mean that with FCPX I had nearly the same results with the AMD Vega Frontier Edition and the TitanXP. It is funny to see that the AMD got a lot of improvement obviously under 10.3.2 and FCPX 10.4. Unfortunately I have already sold the AMD card as a result of my own testing back then.

BTW, has any of you more than 10 cpu cores?

Now QLED and OLED show the same problem? If so, it looks that your CMOS is corrupted ;) Did your try to flash the BIOS? Are you sure that the problem is the PSU?

I did flash the BIOS again this morning, we shall see in next few days.. Still using newer PS for now, :)
@rabish, Thanks again for all the help

Hi KGP !
I'm eagerly following your thread since mid summer and it sounds like i'm eventually ready to build my very firs hackintosh...
the prupose is to edit 4k video with FCP & Da Vinci Resolve.
As it's my first built ever (PC or Hack!) I'm not really confident with custom watercooling and as I need maximum reliability on my system I'm considering the easy way of the CORSAIR H115i with a an AORUS 1080ti Waterforce Xtreme edition that already comes with its own liquid cooler and fan.
Following your advice, I'm to choose a 7900x CPU with for a start 32G RAM.
I need a lot of space in the case to add sth like 5 HDD in RAID 5 + 2 nvme for system and files cache
Do you think I'm right ? would you have some advices ? will the only 2 fans be enough or do I need to add more?
I've heard about IC DIAMOND thermal paste, do you use it ?
thanks a lot in advance for your precious help

Hi KGP !
I'm eagerly following your thread since mid summer and it sounds like i'm eventually ready to build my very firs hackintosh...
the prupose is to edit 4k video with FCP & Da Vinci Resolve.
As it's my first built ever (PC or Hack!) I'm not really confident with custom watercooling and as I need maximum reliability on my system I'm considering the easy way of the CORSAIR H115i with a an AORUS 1080ti Waterforce Xtreme edition that already comes with its own liquid cooler and fan.
Following your advice, I'm to choose a 7900x CPU with for a start 32G RAM.
I need a lot of space in the case to add sth like 5 HDD in RAID 5 + 2 nvme for system and files cache
Do you think I'm right ? would you have some advices ? will the only 2 fans be enough or do I need to add more?
I've heard about IC DIAMOND thermal paste, do you use it ?
thanks a lot in advance for your precious help

The CORSAIR H115i might be sufficient when using stock speeds for the 7900x CPU. It might be not sufficient for significant OC of the latter.

Which case do you have in mind to accommodate all your HDDs and NVMEs?

No experience with IC DIAMOND thermal paste, sorry..

Are pci firewire and Zotac video cards compatibles?

Are pci firewire and Zotac video cards compatibles?

I cannot answer this question. I don't use pci firewire nor Zotac video cards..

Any deviations form my guidelines are at your own personal risk.

Maybe somebody else can answer this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back