Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The error in the image does not say anything to me... It is really difficult to say what you are missing or at which place you are still committing errors.

In principle, my EFI folder should run OoB with your hardware configuration, despite the few additional actions clearly described in my guide....

I hope you find a way to proceed by repeatedly reading my guide. To provide some help, I definitely need further details from your side.

Cheers,

KGP

I read your guide almost 50 times and still don't know what I did wrong and got that message, lol

Anyway, I decided to recording the video of the Verbo boost, and, when you got a chance, pls tell me what could be the reason. It's a 4 min video, not sure if TonyMac allow me to post, if not, I will upload it to either my Google Drive and send you the link or YouTube, whichever easy for you to look at, thanks again!
It might take a while for Google Drive let you view the Video, but that I think would be the best way to share my issue,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Ji3c2Y8boNNlNkTGptc2YzaTQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello KGP,

does the 0802 bios have MSR lock ?

Hello everyone, I read through the entire thread serveral Times, thanks KGP for putting this together.

I am stuck trying to adapt the guide to my Asus TUF X299 Mark I / RX580 / 960 pro rig. I primarily get stuck at the “couldn’t allocate runtime area” error. I would say 1 in 50 reboots I get passed it and boot the usb. If I’m lucky enough to boot the installer, everything is delayed, launching terminal and typing “cd /“ stutters and takes 30+ seconds. Once the first portion completes I’ve never been able to boot to complete install as it commonly panics in between the runtime errors.

I have a feeling this is primarily a USB related issue, as the only deviation from the guide is I removed the prime deluxe usb Kext from the “other” folder in the EFI partitions on the installer and internal drive. My hope was for MacOS to fall back to emergency usb. I have tried the injectors with no luck as well.

I ordered a standard Sata ssd and hdd sled thinking I’ll just put the installer on it and boot the installer from stata rather then usb, and try again, but that’s going to take 3 or 4 days to get here.

Does anyone else have any other ideas on why I get so many runtime errors and what else I might have to modify from the guide to support the Mark I board? Has anyone else attempted a Mark I build? I will gladly make a guide if I could get it running.

Well lets first correct my hardware configuration:

Current startup configuration: Asus X299 Prime Deluxe, i7-7800X, Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 2GB
Soon the be reached goal configuration: Asus X299 Prime Deluxe, i9-7980XE, Gigabyte Radeon Vega Frontier Liquid Water Edition
16GB.​

General note: the PB and DP createinstallmedia terminal commands are slightly different. I just updated my guide in correspondence, although this tiny modification might not last even 1 day, as today the we should witness the official macOS High Sierra 10.13 Release.

For creating the USB Flash Drive Installer, I attach below a very easy tool that works in 100%: Install Disk Creator.app.zip. Use it and you will succeed in creating your USB Flash Drive Installer. You might have to use it twice.. After the first creation intent which might fail, eject the USB Flash Drive and plug it again. Run once more the Install_Disk_Creator.app, which the second time will succeed in successfully creating your USB Flash Drive Installer.

The rest of my guide should work just straight for your hardware configuration. However, you might have to update and complete the correct BIOS settings for the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7. The biggest effort would be the creation of the XHC USB Kext for the latter mobo, which is absolutely mandatory. If you think that you are able to follow my respective guidelines, it should not be a big deal either and I am always here to help, in case my help is really needed. Your Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 XHC USB Kext would be also very likely fully functional with the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 9. Thus your efforts would be of benefit for a very broad and large X299 mobo user community.

For your Nvidida Graphics Cards you can just pray that Nvidia will release a working 10.13 web driver within reasonable time.

Please note that your Gigabyte Board BIOS does not implement the ASUS specific "Sync All Cores" function.. To OC all cores at the same time is not equivalent to the latter ASUS specific functionality, thus you have to live with a somewhat worse XCPM performance of your i9-7920X in any case.

Please don't cross posts and don't animate other people to do so either. We will end up with a big mess. Either use my guide to setup your system or stay with the other thread, ok?

Your feedback to my guide is however very appreciated, and any questions during the setup process are warmly welcome. If you want to give it a try, count on my support at any time!

Cheers,

KGP

Thank you very much for your friendly offer.
I am right now using the install disc creator to transfer HS to the USB key.
Apparently good NVidia web drivers are out now which enables NVidia Pascal cards to work well.
I will let you know when I get stuck (not if, but when!).
Thanks,
sg

Reactions: kgp
Hello KGP,

does the 0802 bios have MSR lock ?

yes... we have to wait until a unlock patch is available.. however the fact that the MSR is locked does not affect at all the XCPM performance, which is just brilliant!

Hello everyone, I read through the entire thread serveral Times, thanks KGP for putting this together.

I am stuck trying to adapt the guide to my Asus TUF X299 Mark I / RX580 / 960 pro rig. I primarily get stuck at the “couldn’t allocate runtime area” error. I would say 1 in 50 reboots I get passed it and boot the usb. If I’m lucky enough to boot the installer, everything is delayed, launching terminal and typing “cd /“ stutters and takes 30+ seconds. Once the first portion completes I’ve never been able to boot to complete install as it commonly panics in between the runtime errors.

I have a feeling this is primarily a USB related issue, as the only deviation from the guide is I removed the prime deluxe usb Kext from the “other” folder in the EFI partitions on the installer and internal drive. My hope was for MacOS to fall back to emergency usb. I have tried the injectors with no luck as well.

I ordered a standard Sata ssd and hdd sled thinking I’ll just put the installer on it and boot the installer from stata rather then usb, and try again, but that’s going to take 3 or 4 days to get here.

Does anyone else have any other ideas on why I get so many runtime errors and what else I might have to modify from the guide to support the Mark I board? Has anyone else attempted a Mark I build? I will gladly make a guide if I could get it running.

Can you try to use a USB3.1 Flash Drive Installer? You are the first one with the intention to create a non-ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe XHC USB Kext. I want to support your courage at all costs and with all efforts!

We have to rock it together! Just continue asking and writing! :thumbup:

Thanks for this awesome guide! I was first planning on getting a 7700k after my x99 build died, since it's natively supported. However, now that I see this I'm starting to lean towards getting an x299 with 7820x.

Is there anything I'd need to alter with 7820x compared to your cpu with your config? I'm looking for an easy and stable install, is this a good or bad choice for that?

If you want to have an easy and stable install go for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. With any other board you have to create your own XHC USB Kext, which however is totally possible but does not imply an easy and stable install at first place.

The ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and my guide is compatible with any Skylake-X CPU, thus you won't face any problems with the i7-7820X either.

I read your guide almost 50 times and still don't know what I did wrong and got that message, lol

Anyway, I decided to recording the video of the Verbo boost, and, when you got a chance, pls tell me what could be the reason. It's a 4 min video, not sure if TonyMac allow me to post, if not, I will upload it to either my Google Drive and send you the link or YouTube, whichever easy for you to look at, thanks again!
It might take a while for Google Drive let you view the Video, but that I think would be the best way to share my issue,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Ji3c2Y8boNNlNkTGptc2YzaTQ

o.k. the movie was very helpful!

a.) to improve the installation duration please unplug your RAID during installation
b.) I witness the same reboot issue when installing macOS with a USB3.1 Flash Drive Installer without any USB related kext. Are
you using an USB3.1 Flash Drive Installer and USB3.1 port for installation?​
c.) The reboot could be also graphics related, please check once more the most actual version of the related graphics section in
my guide
Don't worry I will support you until you succeed. We have to rock that issue together :thumbup:

I already enabled Nvidia HDMI audio with SSDT, u can add it up to your guide instead of using VoodooHDA :D

I already enabled Nvidia HDMI audio with SSDT, u can add it up to your guide instead of using VoodooHDA :D

Is there something especially funny in using VoodooHDA?

You can upload your HDMI SSDT, to help also others, instead of just making a short comment accompanied by a smily.

If you can also explain in detail how you managed to run alternatively analogue audio without VoodooHDA, please add a detailed description, which I can implement in my guide in addition.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back