Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGP

1) What do you think about new 0802 BIOS update for ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe? :)
Did you try it, Is it worth, ... somethings works better or worst ...?

2) Did you tried a new clean install with final HighSierra?
At this moment when I try to boot HSierra InstallUSB I have PC restart every time... :p
I will say something else after 14-15 other tests, EFI, options etc :)
// EDIT:
OK - PC restarts was caused by one stupid thing (I added AppleIGB.kext directly to kext folder on my USB drive) :D
// High Sierra Installed :D
HSOK.png
Time for Post-Installation details :)

Last edited:
Smooth Skylake-X/X299 System Upgrade and Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide Upgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13 Final Release

Overview-X299-10.13-Final.png

New EFI-Folder attached here below and at the end of the originating post/guide of this thread.

System (EFI-Folder) related modifications:
  • Final Release apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/
  • Clover UEFI Boot Loader Updated to Clover_v2.4k_r4220
Guide related modifications:
  • Minor update/revision of the entire Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide

kgp.png

Enjoy and have fun! :thumbup:

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13-Final-Release-250917.zip
    35.9 MB · Views: 278
KGP

1) What do you think about new 0802 BIOS update for ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe? :)
Did you try it, Is it worth, ... somethings works better or worst ...?

2) Did you tried a new clean install with final HighSierra?
At this moment when I try to boot HSierra InstallUSB I have PC restart every time... :p
I will say something else after 14-15 other tests, EFI, options etc :)
// EDIT:
OK - PC restarts was caused by one stupid thing (I added AppleIGB.kext directly to kext folder on my USB drive) :D
// High Sierra Installed :D
View attachment 280505
Time for Post-Installation details :)

Yes, I already upgraded to 0802... I see improvements in the overall system performance.. Apparently the memory allocation error at boot nearly vanished...

I have seen that you already promoted your build in line with the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Final Release all over Tonymacx86 :lol:

Cheers ;)

KGP

Yes, I already upgraded to 0802... I see improvements in the overall system performance.. Apparently the memory allocation error at boot nearly vanished...
I have seen that you already promoted your build in line with the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Final Release all over Tonymacx86 :lol:
Cheers ;)
KGP

Sooo... BIOS Updated :)
Am I happy?
BIG FAT YES :)
Even with little better performance now:
//Before GeekBenchStock7900X.pngand now: CPUFinalSierra.png
and 100 more points in Cinebench :)

Cinebench7900XFinalHSierra.png

It's STOCK 7900X of course :D

Reactions: kgp
Official Nvidia macOS High Sierra 10.13 Web Driver released

Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide updated and modified in consequence.

The new Nvidia 10.13 Web Driver seems to work absolutely flawless and to fully support OpenGL and Metal 2!

Webdriver-2.png

Let's see about your estimated user feedback!

Good luck and enjoy :thumbup:

kgp.png

Official Nvidia macOS High Sierra 10.13 Web Driver released

Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide updated and modified in consequence.

The new Nvidia 10.13 Web Driver seems to work absolutely flawless and to fully support OpenGL and Metal 2!

View attachment 280948

Let's see about your estimated user feedback!

Good luck and enjoy :thumbup:

View attachment 280949

Wow super !! :clap:

please those who can post some benchmarks such as Geekbench Compute (OpenCL, CUDA, and Metal) - Luxmark 2.1 OpenCL Sala - Cinebench R15 OpenGL and if you want you can try this metal benchmark:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/708-nbody-metal-bench/

thank you!!!

Hey @kgp, thank you so much for the hard working.

So here is my Build,

ASUS Prime Deluxe X299
Core i9, 7900X
32Gb DDR4, Dominator, 3600
250 SSD Evo,
980Ti EVGA
Latest BIOS 0802

Performance the Clean Format
Pls tell me what I am missing, (or did wrong)
1) Formated my USB flash drive 16Gb, 2.0, Mac OS Extented, run the sudo command to created the USB boost of HS (with my MacBook Pro)
2) Mounted the EFI and transferred all files from your EFI, Removed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on my flash drive, remove the Whatevegreeen kext as well from both drives, as I am using Nvidia
3) Install Clover over on the Flash Drive and selected the list as you recommended
3) My System disk just a Regular Samsung EVO 250Gb, (Planning to clone that later to the 1Tb NVME 960 Samsung) also Formatted as Mac OS Extented, mount EFI and have the EFI folder as well with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Clover installed over it,
4) I did modify the VoodooTSCSync.kext as well for my CPU (i9-7900X, 10 cores) and have it on the Kext folder,

Now I boot from USB and run into the message with detail on the picture attached below,
Could you pls let me know what could be?
Thanks in the advance, :)

Attachments

• IMG_6436.jpg
    IMG_6436.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
Hey @kgp, thank you so much for the hard working.

So here is my Build,

ASUS Prime Deluxe X299
Core i9, 7900X
32Gb DDR4, Dominator, 3600
250 SSD Evo,
980Ti EVGA
Latest BIOS 0802

Performance the Clean Format
Pls tell me what I am missing, (or did wrong)
1) Formated my USB flash drive 16Gb, 2.0, Mac OS Extented, run the sudo command to created the USB boost of HS (with my MacBook Pro)
2) Mounted the EFI and transferred all files from your EFI, Removed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on my flash drive, remove the Whatevegreeen kext as well from both drives, as I am using Nvidia
3) Install Clover over on the Flash Drive and selected the list as you recommended
3) My System disk just a Regular Samsung EVO 250Gb, (Planning to clone that later to the 1Tb NVME 960 Samsung) also Formatted as Mac OS Extented, mount EFI and have the EFI folder as well with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Clover installed over it,
4) I did modify the VoodooTSCSync.kext as well for my CPU (i9-7900X, 10 cores) and have it on the Kext folder,

Now I boot from USB and run into the message with detail on the picture attached below,
Could you pls let me know what could be?
Thanks in the advance, :)

The error in the image does not say anything to me... It is really difficult to say what you are missing or at which place you are still committing errors.

In principle, my EFI folder should run OoB with your hardware configuration, despite the few additional actions clearly described in my guide....

I hope you find a way to proceed by repeatedly reading my guide. To provide some help, I definitely need further details from your side.

Cheers,

KGP

hey guys, got my GeForce 980 Ti finally up and running on 10.13 with the new driver. But I still have to use NvidiaGraphicsFixup & Lilu... otherwise it doesn't work, I tried... There is an other issue. Somehow the DisplayPort isn't recognized at boot
Here is what I have to do:

-Shut off one Monitor
-Plug the HDMI cable into the second Monitor, also leave the DP plugged in.
-as the system boots up, I have to switch the input to HDMI & get one Monitor working
-once I switched the input back to DP it gets recognized
-then I have to turn on the second Monitor, which gets also normally recognized
-Problem: Now the system show 3 monitor
-for that I have to plug the HDMI cable out of the graphics card

Theres is just no other way to get the DP recognized at boot, that's so annoying:(

Thanks for this awesome guide! I was first planning on getting a 7700k after my x99 build died, since it's natively supported. However, now that I see this I'm starting to lean towards getting an x299 with 7820x.

Is there anything I'd need to alter with 7820x compared to your cpu with your config? I'm looking for an easy and stable install, is this a good or bad choice for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back