Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
W_PUMP - A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
AIO_PUMP - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.

Corsair like mine H115 have different USB Corsair Link for control....
That description is "like that" because it's compatible with old motherboards
it was made longtime ago, before Z270 and X299 so this is made for... older systems in my opinion :)

PS: but YES you have right
in some configs it's necessary if you don't have any additional fan/pump control
... I forgot about more simple configs :p

OK whatever ... I said nothing .... :D let's continue with finding Intel Power Gadget Power solution :p
I have tried to use different headers with no luck. But if I disconnect the CPU fan header I have accurate power consumptions readings again

Last edited:
I thought that as well, I think the main aspect holding things back is support of our processors by MacOS without using the CpuID of Skylake processors. This should be resolved with 10.13.2 in which the new iMac Pros have been Geekbench tested on.
I am experiencing issues with sleep, sometimes the computer just reboots when waking up and other times it wakes up fine. Sometimes I find the MB code relates to a memory issue, hence why I have focused my testing on OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Also finding and testing the proper combination of BIOS settings is very time consuming
This is why I do not want to rush recommending the SSDT and associated renames etc just yet

I don't want you to rush either.. But one thing are sleep/wake issues and the other thing is the proper implementation of our devices (graphics, audio, etc..) which apparently already works fine. One can implement at present your ACPI Table and SSDT-X299.aml with the clear message and warning that sleep/wake functionality is not provided yet! Later on we can stepwise improve your implementation, likely also thanks to the estimated feedback of our users. In my opinion for now we would just need a comprehensive description of your implementation, which also allows users of mainboards different from the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe to adopt your approach. Otherwise, your testing might go to infinity and the approach will be never implemented. Do you understand what I mean?

Cheers,

KGP

I have tried to use different headers with no luck. But if I disconnect the CPU fan header I have accurate power consumptions readings again

Allright! So can you explain which water cooling system you are using and how do you connect the related plugs of the pump and the fans for the radiators instead? We don't want people to burn down their processors ;)

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
KGP,
I'm trying to catch up with you guys as I am trying to update everything that needs to be updated within the EFI folder (Latest guide available) as you have done quiet a bit of updating in the last week.
I downloaded your latest EFI folder (EFI-X299-10.13-SU-Release-161017 onto my USB stick to test first). I also updated the config file with my SMBIOS info (serial, etc...), dragged VoodooTSCSync.kext (for my number of threads -1), into the CLOVER/kexts/other of the USB along with AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext).

Upon booting from USB and selecting to boot into High Sierra I get the error in the file attached. Can you please help with this?

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 99
KGP,
I'm trying to catch up with you guys as I am trying to update everything that needs to be updated within the EFI folder (Latest guide available) as you have done quiet a bit of updating in the last week.
I downloaded your latest EFI folder (EFI-X299-10.13-SU-Release-161017 onto my USB stick to test first). I also updated the config file with my SMBIOS info (serial, etc...), dragged VoodooTSCSync.kext (for my number of threads -1), into the CLOVER/kexts/other of the USB along with AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext).

Upon booting from USB and selecting to boot into High Sierra I get the error in the file attached. Can you please help with this?

Following my personal experience the above error message with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi especially happens after system modifications.. Many times it helps to switch off the system and to reboot from scratch. If it does not help, you have to replace for short time OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi by OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. After successful boot you can again replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi by OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. To me the latter error with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi never occurred with my USB Flash Drive Installer but exclusively when booting my system disk.

I hope this helps in your issue.

Following my personal experience the above error message with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi especially happens after system modifications.. Many times it helps to switch off the system and to reboot from scratch. If it does not help, you have to replace for short time OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi by OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. After successful boot you can again replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi by OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. To me the latter error with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi never occurred with my USB Flash Drive Installer but exclusively when booting my system disk.

I hope this helps in your issue.
Well kgp,
Substituting the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi for the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi worked. You are brilliant. But now that the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is there instead of the he OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi it will NOT boot with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I tried replacing and restarting but with no luck. Unless you know of a solution I don't know of I may very well be stuck with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (Doesn't bother me either way because I don't know which would be a better solution)

Any suggestions so far?

Well kgp,
Substituting the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi for the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi worked. You are brilliant. But now that the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is there instead of the he OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi it will NOT boot with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I tried replacing and restarting but with no luck. Unless you know of a solution I don't know of I may very well be stuck with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (Doesn't bother me either way because I don't know which would be a better solution)

Any suggestions so far?

In my case the latter approach always worked... Once you successfully booted your system with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi you should be also able to boot your system again with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi...

If you do not mind about the sporadically apparent runtime allocation errors with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, you can also use the latter OsxAptioFix approach forever... Up to my knowledge, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi does not apply any memory relocation like OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, thus in theory it should not lead to any sporadic memory relocation problem like in case of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. However, praxis tells us something different and indeed it seems still necessary to relocated the memory also on X299 systems as done by OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi...

Strangest thing just happened... I tried to boot with your latest EFI folder and kept giving me the same error. Had a backup of my EFI (one of your older ones) and it booted with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi without any problems... Very strange.

I guess I'm sticking with that for now. One last question:
My system freezes (Not always) when opening a video in Safari (Youtube, Facebook, etc...), or editing in iMovie. Not always but often enough to cause the system to be unstable. What can I do to pinpoint the source? Some sort of a log file I can dig up for analysis maybe? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

KGP,

That was a problem for all of us ... before!
- Today (i'm almost sure) if you download a last shared EFI by KGP, everything should be fine. ;)
KGP already explain you perfectly - why you saw that error :)

Strangest thing just happened... I tried to boot with your latest EFI folder and kept giving me the same error. Had a backup of my EFI (one of your older ones) and it booted with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi without any problems... Very strange.

I guess I'm sticking with that for now. One last question:
My system freezes (Not always) when opening a video in Safari (Youtube, Facebook, etc...), or editing in iMovie. Not always but often enough to cause the system to be unstable. What can I do to pinpoint the source? Some sort of a log file I can dig up for analysis maybe? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Honestly I have no clue why your system freezes when opening a video in Safari or during video editing in iMovie. On my system everything works flawless.. also video playback, editing, creation etc.

If I would be in your shows well, .... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Fortunately, I am not ... :lol::lol:;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back