Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
W_PUMP - A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
AIO_PUMP - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.

Corsair like mine H115 have different USB Corsair Link for control....
That description is "like that" because it's compatible with old motherboards
it was made longtime ago, before Z270 and X299 so this is made for... older systems in my opinion :)

PS: but YES you have right
in some configs it's necessary if you don't have any additional fan/pump control
... I forgot about more simple configs :p

OK whatever ... I said nothing .... :D let's continue with finding Intel Power Gadget Power solution :p

so you recommend to connect e.g. Corsair or XSPC Water Pump Cooling implementations opposite to all instructions to the AIO_PUMP header of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe? I mean, in case of Corsair implementations, the pump and all CPU fans are on the same plug! Thus you would not have any CPU fan implemented at all...Or do you suggest to connect the plug of the e.g. H115i to the AIO_PUMP header and the 2 Fans of the H115i to the CPU Fan connectors? The latter approach would be totally at odd with the Corsair Link methodology and the pump would run totally operated from its fans, where the latter would be controlled by the mobo and not by the corsair link implementation..

What did you do to get the proper power display in IPG???????

Absolutely nothing. That is a fresh build. The only thing I have done on it since the build was load the NVidia drivers. I have a mixture of Kexts from your Zip and a mostly generic config.plist.

Absolutely nothing. That is a fresh build. The only thing I have done on it since the build was load the NVidia drivers. I have a mixture of Kexts from your Zip and a mostly generic config.plist.

:)... Where did you connect the plug of your water cooling system? Which is your water cooling system? How many plugs your water cooling system has? How are the plug(s) of your water cooling system connected with your mobo? Do you see the discussion above during the last posts? Your are apparently the lucky IPG power display winner and nobody knows exactly why.. :lol::lol:

so you recommend to connect e.g. Corsair or XSPC Water Pump Cooling implementations opposite to all instructions to the AIO_PUMP header of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe? I mean, in case of Corsair implementations, the pump and all CPU fans are on the same plug! Thus you would not have any CPU fan implemented at all...Or do you suggest to connect the plug of the e.g. H115i to the AIO_PUMP header and the 2 Fans of the H115i to the CPU Fan connectors? The latter approach would be totally at odd with the Corsair Link methodology and the pump would run totally operated from its fans, where the latter would be controlled by the mobo and not by the corsair link implementation..

In most of cases I don't recommend nothing.
8/10 of my clients commands I use MCP655 great Pump used by 90 percent of good companies...
that pomp is connected to Molex for power and then behind pump we can choose gear 1-3 or 1-5 for example
so you choose your option depends your config/noise etc...
then (if you have full custom loop) I connect all fans separated (without for example the "same fans on one same radiator")

Very often it's better if all is controlled by user, not auto-cfg (without beginners)
because like that I don't have so annoying noise with adaptive (almost always very bad) fan speed by Corsair AutoSpeed Profiles etc.
BTW My corsair H115i is a little "modified" on Push and Pull with 4 Noctua 14 IPPC Fans... so it's a little different scenario
than standard H115I which is just average with default fans ... :D

Im Sry, I was a bit off... Had to much todo, and ive rebuild my PC...
So ive not rigged further into the Cpuid thing, but will continue on weekend...

@kgp I have the same Problem on R6E with the IPG power display as you...
We are all using almost same bios (all Asus x299, doesn't matter if apex, extreme, prime etc... 0802)
So it seems for me like a bios bug. And Asus make good boards, but have the far shittest support of all the Vendors, so save your time and don't report them bugs...

Another thing, which fans are you using?
I have Currently 5x Nzxt Aer RGB (But they are Crap)
Thinking of noctua or silent wings3 for radiator... can you recommend something?

Cheers

@ALL not having been able so far to successfully run the Nvidia Web Driver on their System, try this weird thing and report back in case of success with further details.

Cheers,

KGP

@ALL not having been able so far to successfully run the Nvidia Web Driver on their System, try this weird thing and report back in case of success with further details.

Cheers,

KGP
You could also try this shell script that automates download, user-approving the extensions and installation. Also uninstalls previous web driver. Sample output here

Edit: Attached script that only adds the web drivers to the kext policy database. After this, the vanilla Nvidia installer can be run without enabling System Integrity Protection.

Attachments

• nvwebskl.sh.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

We are all using almost same bios (all Asus x299, doesn't matter if apex, extreme, prime etc... 0802)
So it seems for me like a bios bug. And Asus make good boards, but have the far shittest support of all the Vendors, so save your time and don't report them bugs...

Thinking of noctua or silent wings3 for radiator... can you recommend something?

Cheers

http://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-2000-pwm

I can recommend 14cm Noctua fans if you want BEST performance!
I use Noktua 14 Industrial PCC 2000 and 3000 rpm, but 2000 is enough for 99% of configs.
but
if you prefer nice performance and ultra "silence" hmm.... it's more difficult because Noktua is not sooo silent.... :) :p

Cheers

I agree.. @dwest576 uses a Gigabyte mainboard and IPG properly reflects the CPU power values... I am afraid that this apparently ASUS specific issue will not be solved within future BIOS upgrades for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe either, as I witnessed exactly the same issue for many years already also with my ASUS X99-A II...

I am just using 3x Corsair Air Series AF120 Blue LED Quiet Edition High Airflow 120 mm Fans and 3x Corsair Air Series AF140 Blue LED Quiet Edition High Airflow 140 mm Fans. Nothing special...

I think @mgregrs is using Noctua fans... Maybe he can comment con your request..

Cheers

I am followed by the IPG Power Display Problem for many years on both my X99 and X299 systems. I always thought that the latter issue might be CPU related (for some CPU IPG displays proper power values for others simply not). Your findings shed new light onto darkness, however does the system properly work at all without having the pump connected to the CPU fan header at all?

I honestly expected some major improvements in sleep/wake functionality of my system after implementing your ACPI Table and ssdt-X299.aml. Before, I always witnessed instant wake on sleep although the system continued absolutely flawless after the unsuccessful sleep intent. With both of your features implemented, my system now sleeps for several minutes quietly and peacefully like a child, until it wakes and continues totally unstable and in apparently bad mood... :lol:
I thought that as well, I think the main aspect holding things back is support of our processors by MacOS without using the CpuID of Skylake processors. This should be resolved with 10.13.2 in which the new iMac Pros have been Geekbench tested on.
I am experiencing issues with sleep, sometimes the computer just reboots when waking up and other times it wakes up fine. Sometimes I find the MB code relates to a memory issue, hence why I have focused my testing on OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Also finding and testing the proper combination of BIOS settings is very time consuming
This is why I do not want to rush recommending the SSDT and associated renames etc just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back