Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djlild7hina
The entry from the cited SSDT refers to an AMD graphics card.
Remove this, restart the computer, and then look at the ioreg.

@djlild7hina
The entry from the cited SSDT refers to an AMD graphics card.
Remove this, restart the computer, and then look at the ioreg.

Sorry should've clarified that the screenshot and ioreg I attached are without the cited SSDT from vega. I currently have no SSDT implementation for my GTX 1080TI

My system
CPU - skylake-X 7820x (4.7 OC)
M/B - Asus x299 Prime Deluxe (same KGP's sytem)
RAM - Corsair 3600 C18 (3766 OC)
VGA - Sapphire RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooling

However, the Vega 64 Cinebench score is too low.
My score is 14X fps in 'High Sierra 10.13.5'.
But the score is 17X fps in 'Window 10'.
Do you know why?

The other parts have no problem after setting according to the guide. T_T

Sorry should've clarified that the screenshot and ioreg I attached are without the cited SSDT from vega. I currently have no SSDT implementation for my GTX 1080TI
Really strange. I have Ioreg structure as showed below with 1080ti on rampage apex. No "pic-bridge". Do you have lilu.kext in EFI folder?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.22.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.22.09 AM.png
    23 KB · Views: 119
@djlild7hina
Can you please upload your EFI folder?

Sure can. Attached thank you!

Really strange. I have Ioreg structure as showed below with 1080ti on rampage apex. No "pic-bridge". Do you have lilu.kext in EFI folder?

Yeah all the pci devices on the WS X299 Sage are under pci-bridges. Yeah I have lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 90
I'm stuck on E.9.2) SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml PCI Implementation
My system info still empty :
system.infor.png
What I've done so far
I've read the post #4852
Check all the "path" and "device-id" and "compatible" in the ioreg.
Report them in SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml (via MaciASL) (just few changes ➧ may be my mistake is here)
Move the file in the "patched" folder
and restart.
here is my ioreg and ssdt
Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Attachments

• UD4PROv1.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • SSDT-X299-UD4PRO.aml.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 77
I just want to chime in and say it's been months since I set this system up with this guide (with many modifications to fit my own working environment) and I really love it. Haven't had to touch the EFI folder for weeks.

Its the best Mac I've ever owned (been a Mac user since the 90s). I don't even consider it a Hackintosh since my displays, keyboard are all Apple and I rarely see the Meshify C case (I am trying to hide it more).

Anyway, kudos to KGP and all the contributors. :ugeek:

@apfelnico - is it possible to have a version of your Vega 64 SSDT without the overclock shown in the tutorial? I know it’s in the power play tables bit but I’m not sure how to edit it back to the stock version.

The fan profile is perfect but I’m processing some bits which send my gpu temps through the roof and then it crashes.

---- edit - feel free to ignore this, think my KP's were from overheating CPU.... :D
it's already listed there...
E.9.2.2) - GFX0, HDAU - Nvidia Graphics Card and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation

right above the version boosting the GPU speed.

Reactions: kgp
Yeah all the pci devices on the WS X299 Sage are under pci-bridges.
Strange. Can you please boot up your computer without the "SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml" again? In the Clover menu, please press "F4" once (back up internal ACPI to EFI), then continue booting.

Please upload this EFI folder here, plus an ioreg (also without booting the "SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back