Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of my guide, man

Oh ok, the multi core stuff! I’ve already it for my 8 core 7820X added in your EFI folder, I’m happy I don’t need to patch my bios than! I found a deal for X299 Deluxe!

Oh ok, the multi core stuff! I’ve already it for my 8 core 7820X added in your EFI folder, I’m happy I don’t need to patch my bios than! I found a deal for X299 Deluxe!

Seems you still did not catch the reason for TSCAdjustReset ;)..

Seems you still did not catch the reason for TSCAdjustReset ;)..

It’s used to sync TSC on all cores on Skylake X X299 build, if this kext is enough to run my sistem without problems for me it’s ok since I prefer not to flash my board.

So, adding TSCAdjustReset (tweaked for my 7820x) to your EFI it’s enough to run a X299 system with no issues (even sleep wake)? On your same board obviously

It’s used to sync TSC on all cores on Skylake X X299 build, if this kext is enough to run my sistem without problems for me it’s ok since I prefer not to flash my board.

So, adding TSCAdjustReset (tweaked for my 7820x) to your EFI it’s enough to run a X299 system with no issues (even sleep wake)?

Always supposed that you can unlock MSR in your BIOS settings or that it is unlocked by factory default like in case of Gigabyte.

With locked MSR register one has to use an additional xcpm kernel patch to successfully boot the system. Locked MSR register also might affect sleep/wake functionality.

About sleep/wake functionality with unpatched 1401 firmware but unlocked MSR register we will learn from future user response.

Always supposed that you can unlock MSR in your BIOS settings or that it is unlocked by factory default like in case of Gigabyte.

With locked MSR register one has to use an additional xcpm kernel patch to successfully boot the system. Locked MSR register also might affect sleep/wake functionality.

About sleep/wake functionality with unpatched 1401 firmware but unlocked MSR register we will learn from future user response.
So is mandatory to flash Asus X299 Prime Deluxe to unlock MSR Register even on the newest firmware? And not flashing it , means that I can still run macOS but will probably have issues with sleep/wake?

So is mandatory to flash Asus X299 Prime Deluxe to unlock MSR Register even on the newest firmware? And not flashing it , means that I can still run macOS but will probably have issues with sleep/wake?

Since 1301 you can unlock the MSR register in the BIOS settings. Asus implemented that feature on my request. However if you don't patch the BIOS you have at least the remaining TSC issue. That's why you need to use TSCAdjustRest in this case...

Since 1301 you can unlock the MSR register in the BIOS settings. Asus implemented that feature on my request. However if you don't patch the BIOS you have at least the remaining TSC issue. That's why you need to use TSCAdjustRest in this case...
So, in the end, just by adding TSCAsjustRest to your EFI and using your folder on a “Install MacOS” usb drive + main internal drive with Clover Config and modifying bios settings according to your Page 1 guide I will be able to perfectly run a X299 Prime Deluxe + 7820x + Rx 580 (or Vega) system all functional even sleep/wake?

If the answer is Yes, I will alway love you forever and ever in the coming ages :)

So, in the end, just by adding TSCAsjustRest to your EFI and using your folder on a “Install MacOS” usb drive + main internal drive with Clover Config and modifying bios settings according to your Page 1 guide I will be able to perfectly run a X299 Prime Deluxe + 7820x + Rx 580 (or Vega) system all functional even sleep/wake?

If the answer is Yes, I will alway love you forever and ever in the coming ages :)

Well... there are more things to be done later on. Everything described in my guide.. But for the basic OSX installation that is sufficient and what you need. ;)

Well... there are more things to be done later on. Everything described in my guide.. But for the basic OSX installation that is sufficient and what you need. ;)
Ok, i love you! Ahahah

Anyway, even by unlocking MSR in 1301 I risk sleep wake not working (I should patch bios) and for 1401 we’re waiting for an use case. What to do later on? Please, even a brief answer will be appreciated... a lot!

Ok, i love you! Ahahah

Anyway, even by unlocking MSR in 1301 I risk sleep wake not working (I should patch bios) and for 1401 we’re waiting for an use case. What to do later on? Please, even a brief answer will be appreciated... a lot!

Everything set for 10.14.. don’t worry.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back