Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha
I don’t think you have followed RehabMan’s guide properly. It’s the right way to do things ;)

But anyway, you don’t have to reply to what I was asking. It’s ok to ignore it. ;)

I never followed Rehabman's guide as for me there was never any need to do so. I wrote my own XHC USB guidelines (based on Brumbears original implementations) long time before (which formerly also have been directly part if this guide here) and my XHC USB kext works fine and as expected from the very beginning.

I appreciate anybody following Rehabman's guides, which are certainly of great value for the entire community, as long his advises are also properly implemented by others.

Listen, I am not the one here with permanent complains about USB failures and Bluetooth issues! Get rid of your problems, put things in order and then teach and laugh about others..

I never asked you for help or advises. It was you who did, and I unfortunately answered with my best intention.

I better should have never replied or entered into this weird and absurd discussion that I expected from the beginning.

Anyway, I am off and out ...

Good luck,

KGP

So it’s no longer required to patch ASUS Bios like written in your main guide at page 1, bit it’s enough to update to this version and apply proper bios settings? It would be awesome

There was always a way to circumvent the firmware patching and even to work with locked MSR register...

Everything we do or propose has a reason behind. And there is also a reason why we patch the firmware or why we simply manually open the MSR register in the BIOS, if available.

Our aim is to make our systems stable and work in the best way, and not to simplify applications to be more handy for unexperienced users.

How to proceed with 1401 for now is clearly recommended above. Let's see about user feedback and experience and then let's draw any conclusions.

O.K.? ;)

I never followed Rehabman's guide as for me there was never any need to do so. I wrote my own XHC USB guidelines (based on Brumbears original implementations) long time before (which formerly also have been directly part if this guide here) and my XHC USB kext works fine and as expected from the very beginning.

I appreciate anybody following Rehabman's guides, which are certainly of great value for the entire community, as long his advises are also properly implemented by others.

Listen, I am not the one here with permanent complains about USB failures and Bluetooth issues! Get rid of your problems, put things in order and then teach and laugh about others..

I never asked you for help or advises. It was you who did, and I unfortunately answered with my best intention.

I better should have never replied or entered into this weird and absurd discussion that I expected from the beginning.

Anyway, I am off and out ...

Good luck,

KGP

You're always so defensive :lol:

Anyway, it's all ok. :thumbup:

You're always so defensive :lol:

Anyway, it's all ok. :thumbup:

Good :thumbup:.. and please let's avoid further discussions on that topic for the sake of our friendship.. :lol: hahaha...

Have a nice day, Izo! :wave: ...and really nothing for bad! :thumbup: I really just tried to help with my best intention....

Last edited:
Good :thumbup:.. and please let's avoid further discussions on that topic for the sake of our friendship.. :lol: hahaha...

Have a nice day, Izo! :wave: ...and really nothing for bad! :thumbup: I really just tried to help with my best intention....

You’re a good man :thumbup:

Have a pleasant day :wave:

Yes, ASRock and MSI are good options, but don't patch their BIOS firmware with the ASUS BIOS firmware patch. ;)

So is there any option for non Asus mobos having fully working sleep/wake system?

So is there any option for non Asus mobos having fully working sleep/wake system?

I always thought that sleep wake also works fine on non-Asus boards? Anyway, almost all X299 boards nowadays at least have unlocked MSR register. I you want to know why we still patch the ASUS boards, read the section about TSCResetAdjust.

I always thought that sleep wake also works fine on non-Asus boards? Anyway, almost all X299 boards nowadays at least have unlocked MSR register. I you want to know why we still patch the ASUS boards, read the section about TSCResetAdjust.
Link for TSCResetAdjust? This thread is a bit messy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back