Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have build a sustem very similar to this one and I seem to constantly have an issue with the computer freezing, 30 seconds into the boot or sometimes 1 minute or somethimes during the boot when the apple logo comes on. I am not as advances as most of you guys on the this board but I am trying to figure out what the issue may be. Is this a video issue or a BIOS settings?

Anyone that can help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for all the great work done. This is such a dream machine

Best

JJ80

Hi, I have build a sustem very similar to this one and I seem to constantly have an issue with the computer freezing, 30 seconds into the boot or sometimes 1 minute or somethimes during the boot when the apple logo comes on. I am not as advances as most of you guys on the this board but I am trying to figure out what the issue may be. Is this a video issue or a BIOS settings?

Anyone that can help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for all the great work done. This is such a dream machine

Best

JJ80

Hi @JonJon80,

What is your max. CPU core ratio in BIOS? Do you use AVX offsets? SVID enabled? CPU core voltage on auto?

10.13.5 Guide Update completed / 10.13.5 Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.35.106 released

x299-10.13.5.png

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

I've implemented the new SSDT and am editing it to reflect my Vega 64 Setup. When adding the suggested code I get an Object Does Not Exist (GPRW) error. I've commented it out for the moment but if anyone knows if its vital or not that would be brill.... :)

Code:
  Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
        {
            Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
        }

I've implemented the new SSDT and am editing it to reflect my Vega 64 Setup. When adding the suggested code I get an Object Does Not Exist (GPRW) error. I've commented it out for the moment but if anyone knows if its vital or not that would be brill.... :)

Code:
        {
        }

The error tells you that the method GPRW does not exist or at least is not visible to the scope you are using it in. You are calling it within the Return(GPRW(...

all the best
Frank

Code:
        {
        }

I don't use GPRW method in any of my SSDT codes, do I?

I you really need it, include GPRW method in definition block.

I'll look, its from the code blocks under:

Below one finds an example of @apfelnico for a GFX and HDAU PCI implementation of 1x Radeon Vega 64 in PCIe Slot 1:

I'll look, its from the code blocks under:

Below one finds an example of @apfelnico for a GFX and HDAU PCI implementation of 1x Radeon Vega 64 in PCIe Slot 1:

Oh I see..

as I say..

in this case you have to add

External (GPRW, MethodObj) // 2 Arguments (from opcode)

to your definition block.

Hi Like JonJon80 I am very much a newbe to the world of Hackintosh. So go gentle on me - I have my rig up and running with Windows - cant believe how easy that was. But try as I might I cannot get past go with this build of hackintosh.

Problem 1 - If I download and unzip X229D.CAP.Zip and unzip it the MoBo refuses to recognize the file as valid - I have copied it to a FAT32 format USB. I can however flash the BIOS with files downloaded from Azus.

Problem 2 - Having upgraded the BIOS to 1301 using ASUZ vanilla version, if I then try the OSX installation it hang about 30 seconds in - in verbose mode This is trying to random seed *********************************

Any suggestions greatfully recieved

Hi Like JonJon80 I am very much a newbe to the world of Hackintosh. So go gentle on me - I have my rig up and running with Windows - cant believe how easy that was. But try as I might I cannot get past go with this build of hackintosh.

Problem 1 - If I download and unzip X229D.CAP.Zip and unzip it the MoBo refuses to recognize the file as valid - I have copied it to a FAT32 format USB. I can however flash the BIOS with files downloaded from Azus.

Problem 2 - Having upgraded the BIOS to 1301 using ASUZ vanilla version, if I then try the OSX installation it hang about 30 seconds in - in verbose mode This is trying to random seed *********************************

Any suggestions greatfully recieved

Problem 1 - Use flashback for the bios upgrade. You can't do it from the GUI.

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back