Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp

No success with your SSDT (SSDT TB3) for the moment : may be that I'm not sufficient experimented to use it :seems to be more complex than my SSDT-TB3. :crazy:

:lol:

Did you adopt the ACPI path entries for your system ?

Are the TB drivers loaded under “PCI”?

Well I don’t know if it is really a patch. It is rather for debugging sleep issues:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/debugging-sleep-issues/amp/

The entry I anyway miss on both of my rigs is PMStatusCode. Never managed to implement it.

The corresponding aml is attached to my guide.

Couldn't find the one attached to your guide, but I did realize that the one in Pike's blog is stated as being corrected but it had not been. I was able to fix it and implement it, which pointed to an unnecessary EC implementation that fixed my sleep :) Thanks! I don't even have X299 but this threat still helps me fix MY system!

Reactions: kgp
If anyone's interested, EVGA has the X299 FTW K for $169. (USA)

I don't think anyone here has this board, but worth looking into since it's such a sweet deal.
@izo1 Hey did the price change or something? It's showing $349 for me. I would've purchased in a heartbeat for $169

UPDATE: Never mind. I believe it expired, missed it by one day.

@ TheOfficialGypsy:
The Aquantia 10 Gb LAN port driver kext may be something of interest.
Only Windows & Linux drivers are downloadable here:
https://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/
Maybe the iMacPro Aquantia LAN driver could be modded to support Sierra or El Capitan?

@izo1 Hey did the price change or something? It's showing $349 for me. I would've purchased in a heartbeat for $169

Sorry it seems like it expired :(

I would get it too if I was building a new system. Designare Ex cost me $500 wish I saw this deal when I was building it.

It’s $278 on amazon but $169 for a X299 was a solid solid deal.

****** has a good subreddit for pc sales, take a look sometimes. /r/BuildAPCsales

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 2.33.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 2.33.05 AM.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 136
Has anyone tried an LG Ultrafine 5k with TB3?

Yes, I have and use an LG 5K UltraFine display with this build. Works great - can't always tell if disconnecting and reconnecting the display is going to work, but I have had hot plug working for that before.

@kgp & Anyone else who can help!

Good news, I was able to eliminate all of the native pre SSDT patched ACPI Kernel errors for my board.

However one ACPI error remains that's related to SSDT patch:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Warning: \_SB.PC02.BR2A.GFX0._DSM:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) Argument #4 type mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package]
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/nsarguments-169)

I assume nsarguments-169) is line 169 of the SSDT Patch which is:
167: Device (GFX0)
168: {
169:Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address

I will attach my SSDT and IOReg dump of GFX0, thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 6.52.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 6.52.33 PM.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 142
  • SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back