Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that patching the 1301 BIOS firmware removed the problem. At least short time tests are pointing to this conclusion. I now will also remove TSCAdjustReset.kext and perform some long term testing.
I am doing further testing with the patched 1301 BIOS too. Could you upload a screenshot of your "energy saver" preferences? Do you have "Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap" enabled?

I am doing further testing with the patched 1301 BIOS too. Could you upload a screenshot of your "energy saver" preferences? Do you have "Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap" enabled?

So far I have only “sleep disks” checked. Everything else remains unchecked for testing.

So far I have only “sleep disks” checked. Everything else remains unchecked for testing.
Alright I will begin testing with that too first. But then are you able to test with both "Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap" enabled?

Alright I will begin testing with that too first. But then are you able to test with both "Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap" enabled?

Sure, as soon the system sleep/wake works without ”Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap".

By the way... apart from patching the 1301 BIOS firware I also disable the MSR lock in my BIOS settings. I also removed TSCResetAdjust.kext, as it becomes again obsolete with the patched 1301 BIOS firmware.

Sure, as soon the system sleep/wake works without ”Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap".

By the way... apart from patching the 1301 BIOS firware I also disable the MSR lock in my BIOS settings. I also removed TSCResetAdjust.kext, as it becomes again obsolete with the patched 1301 BIOS firmware.
I have done that too, disabled MSR lock and removed TSCResetAdjust.kext.

What issues were you experiencing?

I have done that too, disabled MSR lock and removed TSCResetAdjust.kext.

What issues were you experiencing?

As I said, random wake from sleep, mainly with wake reason ARPT (Airport). First random wake already after a few minutes.

Now with patched 1301 BIOS firmware, my rig so far again sleeps like a baby.. :lol:

I don’t use ”Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap“ on purpose for this testing.

Your amazon links reveal zero search results, at least here in Germany...

It must be because you're in Germany. I just checked them and they all worked.

Regardless, look back at post #7839. They are working now. Can't explain why. Sorry for saying your implementation was flawed. It clearly is not.

However, how do we fix portable external USB 3.0 drives mounting as internal on ports HS01-HS05?

As I said, random wake from sleep, mainly with wake reason ARPT (Airport). First random wake already after a few minutes.

Now with patched 1301 BIOS firmware, my rig so far again sleeps like a baby.. :lol:

I don’t use ”Wake on Ethernet network access" and "Power Nap“ on purpose for this testing.
That sounds very similar to my computer.
Could you please upload your patched 1301 bios, I have this feeling something didn't go well with the patches.
For some weird reason after waking from sleep the machine is incredibly slow and unusable.

It must be because you're in Germany. I just checked them and they all worked.

Regardless, look back at post #7839. They are working now. Can't explain why. Sorry for saying your implementation was flawed. It clearly is not.

However, how do we fix portable external USB 3.0 drives mounting as internal on ports HS01-HS05?

This is a purely cosmetic issue I don’t worry much about. More important for now would be to run your USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices. However, your contributions in fixing the internal drive issue are also welcome.

I am fully covered with testing/implementing sleep/wake and TB hot plug functionality.

That sounds very similar to my computer.
Could you please upload your patched 1301 bios, I have this feeling something didn't go well with the patches.
For some weird reason after waking from sleep the machine is incredibly slow and unusable.

In my case the patching went fine and my system once more fully behaves as expected. So far at least ;).. after running tests for few hours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back