#DSDT/SSDT
Code:
into device label NHI0 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label XHC insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DSB1 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DSB2 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label DSB3 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label DSB4 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

into device label 0x00010000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label 0x00020000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label 0x00030000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label 0x00040000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label 0x00050000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB0  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB1  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB2  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB3  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB4  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB5  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBA  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBB  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBC  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBD insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBE  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBF  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

Reactions: kgp
KEEP TRY THB_PRW
#DSDT/SSDT
Code:
into device label NHI0 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label XHC insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DSB1 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DSB2 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label DSB3 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label DSB4 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

into device label 0x00010000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label 0x00020000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label 0x00030000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label 0x00040000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
Into device label 0x00050000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB0  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB1  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB2  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB3  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB4  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSB5  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBA  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBB  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBC  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBD insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBE  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device label DEV0 parent_label DSBF  insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

Yes I will try, but that's the TB story.. I removed the TB adaptor for now for simplicity to identify the guilty guy for the sudden random wake issue. I also added Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) to each other SSDT PCI device implementation. No change at all. I also use darkwake=0.

The funny thing is that sleep/wake continues working fine on my X99 rig, despite 10.13.4 SU and despite the fact that I also use the OSXWIFI there. The random wake with ARPT wake reason just occurs on my Skylake-X/X299 system. Unfortunately, after removing the OSXWIFI for test purposes, I found my system irresponsive this morning after another wake from sleep.

@TheOfficialGypsy,

could you try to use BIOS 1201 with the patches of @interferenc? My suspicion is that the reason for the random wake from sleep might be the unpatched 1301 BIOS firmware.

@kgp sometimes (especially ASUS) sneaks in and removes features from their BIOS updates. Have you checked to see if your BIOS is exactly the same as before?

On another system ASUS sneakily removed NVRAM support and we had to figure out a different way to store NVRAM data.

Anyway, this doesn't help much, but worth looking into.

OSXWifi works OK here along with sleep.

Also are any hard drives/media connected to USB ports?

If you can, disconnect all USB ports and leave OSXWifi in and after a fresh reboot see if sleep works ok.

Hope this helps.

@kgp sometimes (especially ASUS) sneaks in and removes features from their BIOS updates. Have you checked to see if your BIOS is exactly the same as before?

On another system ASUS sneakily removed NVRAM support and we had to figure out a different way to store NVRAM data.

Anyway, this doesn't help much, but worth looking into.

OSXWifi works OK here along with sleep.

Also are any hard drives/media connected to USB ports?

If you can, disconnect all USB ports and leave OSXWifi in and after a fresh reboot see if sleep works ok.

Hope this helps.

No USB devices connected. Wake reason: ARPT (Airport, OSXWIFI)

The BIOS is not the same. I formerly used 1201 with the patches of @interferenc. I guess, the wake issues occurred when switching to the unpatched 1301 BIOS firmware.

You use the Designare EX, thus your system very likely is not affected.

Write to ASUS and not to me.

8000 posts to discover this supposed flaw? I don’t believe it.

Try to perform tests under Windows. If the problem is soleily OSX related, try to provide solutions instead of complaining and demanding.

Thanks for you support and good luck,

KGP

I just tested the ports in Windows and all rear ports worked properly as Gen 2 in Windows 10. So there you have it. The board is fine, the specs are fine. Works as expected in Windows 10. So it is an issue with the implementation of the ports to work as Gen 2 ports in macOS. Again, I'm happy to do whatever you need to get it work correctly. Obviously the problem so far is that no one else is using actual Gen 2 devices with this build yet.

@ flmmkr: Suggestion: provide a link to some (preferably inexpensive) "USB 3.1 Gen 2" devices that could be purchased by anyone that is interested in troubleshooting your issue.
And also test your existing devices with an alternate operating system, such as Windows or Linux.

These 2 Mediasonic enclosures are good examples, and they are relatively inexpensive:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078YNYG6T/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078YQHWYW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

And these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C5R7B4M/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073W7YGRQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, I just tested in Windows 10 and everything worked properly as expected.

EDIT: So now they are working properly. I was in macOS and tested all the Gen 2 ports, and they would mount then unmount the Gen 2 devices. Went to Windows 10 and tested and all the ports worked with the Gen 2 devices as they should. Shut computer down and left the room. Decided to go back and try them in macOS again, and surprise now they are working. I didn't change anything in macOS, the EFI, etc. Seems odd, but glad they are working now. Possible the ports needed to be activated or used in Windows before being fully usable in macOS, similar to the Thunderbolt 3 EX card?

KGP, my apologies for saying your implementation was flawed.

Last edited:
Yes I will try, but that's the TB story.. I removed the TB adaptor for now for simplicity to identify the guilty guy for the sudden random wake issue. I also added Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) to each other SSDT PCI device implementation. No change at all. I also use darkwake=0.

The funny thing is that sleep/wake continues working fine on my X99 rig, despite 10.13.4 SU and despite the fact that I also use the OSXWIFI there. The random wake with ARPT wake reason just occurs on my Skylake-X/X299 system. Unfortunately, after removing the OSXWIFI for test purposes, I found my system irresponsive this morning after another wake from sleep.

@TheOfficialGypsy,

could you try to use BIOS 1201 with the patches of @interferenc? My suspicion is that the reason for the random wake from sleep might be the unpatched 1301 BIOS firmware.
I have been using 1301 with the patches of @interferenc and no change. Will try now downgrade to prior version and try again.

I have been using 1301 with the patches of @interferenc and no change. Will try now downgrade to prior version and try again.

Seems that patching the 1301 BIOS firmware removed the problem. At least short time tests are pointing to this conclusion. I now will also remove TSCAdjustReset.kext and perform some long term testing.

I just tested the ports in Windows and all rear ports worked properly as Gen 2 in Windows 10. So there you have it. The board is fine, the specs are fine. Works as expected in Windows 10. So it is an issue with the implementation of the ports to work as Gen 2 ports in macOS. Again, I'm happy to do whatever you need to get it workmen correctly. Obviously the problem so far is that no one else is using actual Gen 2 devices with this build yet.

Well you will have to come up with a patch for the ASMedia ASM3142 in this case. I did not touch that part at all so far. I just use the native OSX implementation of these controllers. It seems that I don't even have a device for testing.

Do you know any other OSX build where your devices would work as expected?

Last edited:
These 2 Mediasonic enclosures are good examples, and they are relatively inexpensive:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078YNYG6T/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078YQHWYW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

And these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C5R7B4M/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073W7YGRQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, I just tested in Windows 10 and everything worked properly as expected.

Your amazon links reveal zero search results, at least here in Germany...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back