RX Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
I need help with my rig :(. I have several issues with USB, PCI Implementation and Power Management. Simply play a web video freezes the computer.
I´d followed this guide step by step but the IOREG assumes PCI Slot configuration diferent from other people in this thread and when I try to compile the DSDT.aml respond with errors. I am doing something wrong.:(

thanks in advance
Hi Ho

I might have missed some thing, but so far I did not have to compile DSDT.aml
If you are trying to build the SSDT.aml for your board then make sure you do it in small steps.
get one device implemented and then the next one.
Even though I have a complete different boarent board, I used @kgp ssd.aml as a sample and worked step by step through the E section of the guide. Thus my ssd.aml started with only one device (which I copied from the sample) where I checked in IORegistry editor that PCI Path (and names) and adjusted in in ssd.aml. compiling it (without error) and then restart to see if it is working.
Read carefully the guide of @kgp and be patient. It took me some time and several times reading to understand the process.

All the Best
Frank

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
Intel i9-7920x
Graphics
2x Nvidia 1080TI
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello All,

I would like some help with my rig. For the most part everything is running smoothly however I'm having trouble editing the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for my rig.

Currently I have a GPU in SLOT-1, the OSX Wifi card in SLOT-3, my second GPU in SLOT-4, and the PCI Thunderbolt card in SLOT-6.

Following @kgp 's guide and using IORegistryExplorer I got all the required information and made the required changes. But for whatever reason my system report isn't changing. I've got to be making a mistake somewhere that I'm not seeing. Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with SSDT editing.

I'm attaching my edited iMacPro.aml as well as a screen capture of my system report. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus P9x79 Pro
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
MSI Radeon HD 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Ho

Nvidia 1050 or 1060 should do for your build.
Not native supported, but via the Nvidia driver.
For the AMD Cards I am not sure how far you can go down to keep them supported and reach your price tag

All the Best
Frank

Thank you frank

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, hence why I'd like to know what gigabyte is doing any different in regards to power management. This will be in the DSDT
Hey so this is regarding the Bluetooth keyboard.

I had a chance to connect the wireless Apple keyboard (the one with 2 batteries) with the internal BT card.

So here are a few things I noticed.

1) It won't allow sleep to work
2) macOS didn't automatically find it like a real Mac would.
3) I cannot use it in the clover menu or BIOS (It may be fixable).

For #3 I googled around and it seems that the BT dongle must support something called "HID Proxy" which allows driverless loading of the device. So in other words, one of those OSXWifi PCIe cards (that have MacBook Air modules) will work natively (in theory). I have a OSXWifi card around but I'm too lazy to pop it in and check.

So in other words, it seems (once again from theory) that if you want to have Sleep and HID Proxy support then you need to use OSXWifi.

I'm curious to see if there is some type of fix for this as I really want to get the Space Gray iMac Pro keyboard soon that Apple sells now, which is completely wireless.

But besides these issues, the wireless Apple keyboard works fine with the current BT/Wifi card from Broadcom. I never put my system to sleep anyway (just let the monitors sleep within 2 mins or using a hot corner) so it's not a big deal for me. However, at least having the ability to use it in the clover menu would be nice since I boot into Windows sometimes.

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

I had a chance to connect the wireless Apple keyboard (the one with 2 batteries) with the internal BT card.

For #3 I googled around and it seems that the BT dongle must support something called "HID Proxy" which allows driverless loading of the device. So in other words, one of those OSXWifi PCIe cards (that have MacBook Air modules) will work natively (in theory). I have a OSXWifi card around but I'm too lazy to pop it in and check.

So in other words, it seems (once again from theory) that if you want to have Sleep and HID Proxy support then you need to use OSXWifi.

I'm curious to see if there is some type of fix for this as I really want to get the Space Gray iMac Pro keyboard soon that Apple sells now, which is completely wireless.

But besides these issues, the wireless Apple keyboard works fine with the current BT/Wifi card from Broadcom. I never put my system to sleep anyway (just let the monitors sleep within 2 mins or using a hot corner) so it's not a big deal for me. However, at least having the ability to use it in the clover menu would be nice since I boot into Windows sometimes.
Sleeping causes more issues than just problem with the wireless keyboard. You can see that the card isn't put back in a working state. When you go into the BT preferences, it says your machine is now discoverable. But that's no longer true. Using another machine no longer displays the Hack in the list of available device.
Only rebooting under Windows fixes it.

Ill see if the OSXWIFI card fixes this problem. Seems like a driver issue to me

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS

The OSXWifi PCIe adaptor works fully native and perfectly fine with the rechargeable (Lightning to USB cable) Apple Magic Wireless Keyboard MLA22LL.

Full Sleep/Wake-, Clover- and BIOS functionality. Automatic keyboard detection by OSX like on a real Mac.

Cheers,

KGP

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The OSXWifi PCIe adaptor works fully native and perfectly fine with the rechargeable (Lightning to USB cable) Apple Magic Wireless Keyboard MLA22LL.

Full Sleep/Wake-, Clover- and BIOS functionality. Automatic keyboard detection by OSX like on a real Mac.

Cheers,

KGP
Yep, I have this card but I don't use it. It supports native "HID Proxy" feature which allows BT devices like keyboards to load without drivers, which allow it be used in BIOS, etc.

I'm going to take a look and see if there is a way to enable this feature, if it exists, on this Broadcom NGFF card. It does allow Firmware uploads, so there might be something here....

It's interesting because this Broadcom card is not that old (I think its from 2015) and it came in a lot of Dell devices like laptops.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sleeping causes more issues than just problem with the wireless keyboard. You can see that the card isn't put back in a working state. When you go into the BT preferences, it says your machine is now discoverable. But that's no longer true. Using another machine no longer displays the Hack in the list of available device.
Only rebooting under Windows fixes it.

Ill see if the OSXWIFI card fixes this problem. Seems like a driver issue to me
If I stop using this keyboard and lets say only have a headphone connected to BT, sleep works perfectly fine for me.

That is really weird what you're experiencing as I have the same card and I am not 100% sure if it has anything to do with your ASRock mobo.

But give OSXWifi a try (it's a little pricey) but I think it's less headaches, although I love a challenge.

I'm going to see if I can enable "HID Proxy" on this BT device by googling around....and if there is any firmware update available, I will post here.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME DELUXE X299
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
thank you again @Loloflatsix

I still have some bugs :

when system wake from sleep I have all my usb2 & 3 devices ejected

my 31MU97 display works fine with HDMI but stays off and black when I try Display port (I have a DP/mini DP cable, I placed the DP in my GPU and the mini DP in the screen)

Any ideas ?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i9 7980XE
Graphics
PNY NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Mobile Phone
iOS
I’m assembling a very similar computer to that kgp explains on the first post of this thread. The only differences are:

Corsaire Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 MHz 128 GB [CMK128GX4M8A2666C16] instead of Tridentz DDR-4 3200 Mhz 128 GB [F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZSW];

2 x Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB [MZ-V6P1T0BW] instead of 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB [MZ-V6E1T0BW];

NVIDIA (PNY) Quadro P4000 instead of AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G.

I think the first two differences are negligible.

For now I’m trying to setup the BIOS configuration: all changes went OK, except “Launch CSM: Disabled”. With this option the BIOS don’t recognize the VGA and beeps three times with no image on monitor. Is this option mandatory for a successful macOS High Sierra installation? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.