Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @kgp
I have music software (Propellerhead Reason) and for some reason it maxes out every other core evenly and the rest at about 50%. This didn't happen with my i5 6500. I'm on the 12 core so this makes no sense. Could it be a problem with the 17,1 SMBIOS?

Also considering going from the Gaming 7 to the Asus board that you own and posted about due to a huge problem with Thunderbolt disappearing in Bios even after it is activated (so no Thunderbolt and it is a huge and known issue). Basically moving everything from the Gaming 7 to the Prime x299 Deluxe. What are your thoughts on the Prime compared to the Gaming 7?

I know you moved on to the Gaming 7 but... Are you willing to continue supporting and helping out with the Asus?

Really u don't need oc with that monster..
Love and Peach to Hardware.. :lol::lol:
But
The easy way is to make thε setting from post 1
and your choice to be XMP and per core 45 / 10
that goes all cores on x45 :headbang:

So I go back check on the 6950X I have, there is a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on my kext folder which I don't have in the new ones (7900X). I think somehow need to modify that kext from 6950X to 7900X. Also maybe need to build DSDT.aml on ACPI so the OC will perfomance correctly? :crazy::confused::rolleyes:

When I run the Geekbench,

6950X 7900X

Geekbench + Intel.png Spike 4.7.png

Any ideas? :crazy::beachball:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I go back check on the 6950X I have, there is a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on my kext folder which I don't have in the new ones (7900X). I think somehow need to modify that kext from 6950X to 7900X. Also maybe need to build DSDT.aml on ACPI so the OC will perfomance correctly? :crazy::confused::rolleyes:

When I run the Geekbench,

6950X 7900X

View attachment 284864 View attachment 284865

Any ideas? :crazy::beachball:
How can I set my idle frequency at 4ghz instead of the 2.9ghz? I have the i9 12 core

Just finished my rig with i9 7900X over an ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Got a temporary CPU cooler waiting for a Corsair 360 AIO anytime soon (I hope). Everything works, including sound, CPU states and even Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). The 2 GPUs produce a decent render boost :)

View attachment 284870

View attachment 284871

View attachment 284872

View attachment 284873

View attachment 284874 View attachment 284875

View attachment 284876

How could you get the CPU showing 4.3? Can you share your BIOS Setup (The Profile would be easiest way, :mrgreen:) and EFI folder pls? Thank you very very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
The new question is.. :)
Why iMac 17.1 smbios and not Mac pro 6.1 ?
i turn on Mac pro and "feel" the machine goes smoother..
let's try and feedback ;)

Wrong question! See post #272! Note that my earlier comments on XHC USB are now anyway obsolete, as XHC USB is now natively implemented by Apple with SMBIOS iMac17,!

If you want to change to MacPro6,1, change thread..

Smoother? Nonsense!

Please no further feedback on this topic in my thread!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just finished my rig with i9 7900X over an ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Got a temporary CPU cooler waiting for a Corsair 360 AIO anytime soon (I hope). Everything works, including sound, CPU states and even Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). The 2 GPUs produce a decent render boost :)

View attachment 284870

View attachment 284871

View attachment 284872

View attachment 284873

View attachment 284874 View attachment 284875

View attachment 284876

Perfect, man! :thumbup: Please update your Profile and Signature (mobo, cpu, gpu) :!:

Hey @kgp
I have music software (Propellerhead Reason) and for some reason it maxes out every other core evenly and the rest at about 50%. This didn't happen with my i5 6500. I'm on the 12 core so this makes no sense. Could it be a problem with the 17,1 SMBIOS?

Also considering going from the Gaming 7 to the Asus board that you own and posted about due to a huge problem with Thunderbolt disappearing in Bios even after it is activated (so no Thunderbolt and it is a huge and known issue). Basically moving everything from the Gaming 7 to the Prime x299 Deluxe. What are your thoughts on the Prime compared to the Gaming 7?

I know you moved on to the Gaming 7 but... Are you willing to continue supporting and helping out with the Asus?

Why should this be related to SMBIOS iMac17,1? I am already really pissed with the never ending SMBIOS discussion! What else can I do to proof that SMBIOS iMac17,1 ist the correct SMBIOS setting? See post #272! Note that my earlier comments on XHC USB are now anyway obsolete, as XHC USB is now natively implemented by Apple with SMBIOS iMac17,! The Prime X299 Deluxe is certainly by far the better board in terms of XCPM performance! No doubt!

Wrong question! See post #272! Note that my earlier comments on XHC USB are now anyway obsolete, as XHC USB is now natively implemented by Apple with SMBIOS iMac17,!

If you want to change to MacPro6,1, change thread..

Smoother? Nonsense!

Please no further feedback on this topic in my thread!

Thanks!
I respect and appreciate your views.
as I respect and appreciate the help you give.
But that does not mean that we can not have our own view,
I think here we are all for the good of all of us, for the sake of our community and our Hackint0sh PC, for the evolution.
it will be good to hear all opinions and to evaluate them without fanaticism but with arguments.

*With appreciation in the community
and sorry for my "google translate" english. ;)

I respect and appreciate your views.
as I respect and appreciate the help you give.
But that does not mean that we can not have our own view,
I think here we are all for the good of all of us, for the sake of our community and our Hackint0sh PC, for the evolution.
it will be good to hear all opinions and to evaluate them without fanaticism but with arguments.

*With appreciation in the community
and sorry for my "google translate" english. ;)

Of course you can have your own fews! Absolutely perfect! Nobody is obliged to follow my guide! However, if you use SMBIOS macPro6,1, you are definitely in the wrong thread my friend! This is SMBIOS iMac17,1! Sorry!

I am just fed up with the never ending discussion. Everything runs brilliant on my build and you come and say that you "feel" that everything runs smoother with macPro6,1! Sorry I cannot share your "feelings"! In my opinion this is absolute nonsense! This entire discussion seems not for the wealth of the hackintosh community but rather aims at defending an SMBIOS macPro6,1 approach, which in my opinion was ill-posed from the very beginning....

Good luck! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back