Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I go back check on the 6950X I have, there is a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on my kext folder which I don't have in the new ones (7900X). I think somehow need to modify that kext from 6950X to 7900X. Also maybe need to build DSDT.aml on ACPI so the OC will perfomance correctly? :crazy::confused::rolleyes:

When I run the Geekbench,

6950X 7900X

View attachment 284864 View attachment 284865

Any ideas? :crazy::beachball:
The 7900x is right screenshot i think.
if you try with cinebench you have a str8 line again.
that's meen the Geekbench usage have up's and down's
but the usage of cinebench have the possessor always on top.
not need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Why should this be related to SMBIOS iMac17,1? I am already really pissed with the never ending SMBIOS discussion! What else can I do to proof that SMBIOS iMac17,1 ist the correct SMBIOS setting? See post #272! Note that my earlier comments on XHC USB are now anyway obsolete, as XHC USB is now natively implemented by Apple with SMBIOS iMac17,! The Prime X299 Deluxe is certainly by far the better board in terms of XCPM performance! No doubt!
Man, I’m not a noobie but I’m not as experienced as you and others on this post. My question was out of pure ignorance but I now understand it better. Thank you.

Reactions: kgp
Of course you can have your own fews! Absolutely perfect! Nobody is obliged to follow my guide! However, if you use SMBIOS macPro6,1, you are definitely in the wrong thread my friend! This is SMBIOS iMac17,1! Sorry!

I am just fed up with the never ending discussion. Everything runs brilliant on my build and you come and say that you "feel" that everything runs smoother with macPro6,1! Sorry I cannot share your "feelings"! In my opinion this is absolute nonsense! This entire discussion seems not for the wealth of the hackintosh community but rather aims at defending an SMBIOS macPro6,1 approach, which in my opinion was ill-posed from the very beginning....

Good luck! :thumbup:
Please allow me to give you a tip and I will end here.
like an old man, who I am.
Community means I give and take.
Of course, as I said, I respect your work.
It is good to learn to do the same.
The guide is only yours,
the thread of all of us is so you can not talk to others or drive anyone out of it.
No need for selfishness but for cooperation.
and the role of the forum is to discuss.
and I will end here. :)

KGP > Thank you so much for this very detailed guide. I just ordered parts for a completely new machine including the ASUS Prime x299 Deluxe + i9 7900x + 64 gb ram and 2tb 960 Pro SSD. This is supposed to be a huge upgrade from my current build that can't handle my large audio DAW sessions anymore. I'll receive all parts before the weekend, hopefully. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress! Thanks again

Yes the usb thing is great. I was already confused with my usb layout lol.
Instead of a Radeon Pro WX 7100, I got a WX 5100 as secondary card for the time being until Vega drivers are matured. Maybe even buy a 1080Ti to see if the Nvidia driver already works with 5k.

I got another weird problem with my R6E. I thought first it was the Vega, but it isn't. It has to do with the power state of the processor. The UI is kinda sluggish when using mission control, launchpad etc. Now comes the weird part that I found out;

1. Start the hackintosh = UI is sluggish and laggy
2. Sleep the hackintosh and wake the hackintosh = UI is totally fine and snappy

- Use HWPEnable and UseARTFrequency and force aggressive power mangement = Somewhat better, still sluggish UI

- Enable xcmp bootstrap patch (force full power, no power management on cpu = 4.3GHz all times) = UI is totally fine

- Disable Intel speedshift (disable native hardware power management) = UI is fine, but horrible CPU performance due to no correct power management.

I know this is not normal, because if I connect my MBP 2016 to all my monitors it just works fine and snappy. It's not the GPU or anything.

Anybody knows if this is just the motherboard and I have to wait for bios patches lol? :crazy:

Yes the usb thing is great. I was already confused with my usb layout lol.
Instead of a Radeon Pro WX 7100, I got a WX 5100 as secondary card for the time being until Vega drivers are matured. Maybe even buy a 1080Ti to see if the Nvidia driver already works with 5k.

I got another weird problem with my R6E. I thought first it was the Vega, but it isn't. It has to do with the power state of the processor. The UI is kinda sluggish when using mission control, launchpad etc. Now comes the weird part that I found out;

1. Start the hackintosh = UI is sluggish and laggy
2. Sleep the hackintosh and wake the hackintosh = UI is totally fine and snappy

- Use HWPEnable and UseARTFrequency and force aggressive power mangement = Somewhat better, still sluggish UI

- Enable xcmp bootstrap patch (force full power, no power management on cpu = 4.3GHz all times) = UI is totally fine

- Disable Intel speedshift (disable native hardware power management) = UI is fine, but horrible CPU performance due to no correct power management.

I know this is not normal, because if I connect my MBP 2016 to all my monitors it just works fine and snappy. It's not the GPU or anything.

Anybody knows if this is just the motherboard and I have to wait for bios patches lol? :crazy:

Thats the exact same scenario I find too! The system is definitely not laggy it just feels slightly choppy compared with my old build or my MacBook. I can get this lag when I move my mouse along the dock with magnification on max, when I wake up from sleep the issue seems to be better

Last edited:
Now that audio is working nicely it's time to start working on getting audio after sleep working :D
I have tried adding the ALC 1120 and ALC 1120A into info.plist of CodecCommander following these instructions, however with no luck. When I boot with my modified CodecCommander I loose audio :/

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Just finished my rig with i9 7900X over an ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Got a temporary CPU cooler waiting for a Corsair 360 AIO anytime soon (I hope). Everything works, including sound, CPU states and even Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). The 2 GPUs produce a decent render boost :)

View attachment 284870

View attachment 284871

View attachment 284872

View attachment 284873

View attachment 284874 View attachment 284875

View attachment 284876

congrats on your new machine. Pls do share EFI. Thanks in advance

lordy - that is a beast sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back