Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only an option to disable the I211.

Interestingly, in windows, the device id shows up as 1d6a:07b1 , just like your imac pro.
Wierd that it would show a different device id in windows.

The link you have provided to download the bootcamp drivers, only gets me to http://download.inboxace.com/ and opens hundreds of pop up windows... Got any direct link?

Disable it, it could also be a problem in communication between the devices in overall.

Boot MacOS and add this kext via Kext Wizard or something like that and repair permissions afterwards.
Reboot!

If everything went good it should normally work.

No need, after disabling the i211 network adapter, the 10gigbit/s one is working !
And it's now showing with exactly the same settings as in the iMac Pro.

In the boot log, I saw a message about uploading a firmware to the aquantia network driver, which wasn't appearing before.

Thanks for the hint about disabling the built-in network adapter.
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 1.17.15 pm.png

No need, after disabling the i211 network adapter, the 10gigbit/s one is working !
And it's now showing with exactly the same settings as in the iMac Pro.

In the boot log, I saw a message about uploading a firmware to the aquantia network driver, which wasn't appearing before.

Thanks for the hint about disabling the built-in network adapter.
View attachment 319417

Perfect! Glad I could help you.

Do you already have your thunderbolt card for the AsRock?

Last edited:
Perfect! Glad I could help you.

Do you already have your thunderbolt card for the AsRock?
Actually, I'm starting to think that it wasn't disabling the network adapter in the bios that helped, but using the Apple bootcamp driver.
That would have updated the firmware of the adapter there, which made it recognised in macos.
Now when booting, you see a message about recognising the firmware and that the version is recognised, no need for update.

I also think that the problem is solved by the boot camp driver but I can’t exlcude that there also could be problems in between the devices since this could also be possible. For testing purposes you could just enable the other lan card and check if it still works.

I also think that the problem is solved by the boot camp driver but I can’t exlcude that there also could be problems in between the devices since this could also be possible. For testing purposes you could just enable the other lan card and check if it still works.
I just did as you writing this message, and I can confirm that it works with all network adapters enabled.

Its something I would have never figured out by myself. So thanks again.

Can't out the machine to sleep with stock configuration (no acpi patches, no SSDT), just like I had with the asus and the gigabyte board...
I don't like my chances of getting sleep to work on this board either.

Rulebreaker01, You are welcome, anytime!

Could you do me a favour and upload an ioregistry file of your i9 XE Motherboard + your origin dsdt ?

Just for testing purposes.

You are welcome, anytime!

Could you do me a favour and upload an ioregistry file of your i9 XE Motherboard + your origin dsdt ?

Just for testing purposes.
here they are. That's the original ones, without any changes to anything.

The ACPI layout is much different to the Asus or the Gigabyte. SL0x devices do not exist (they are SLT0, even there the layout is different)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    127.6 KB · Views: 156
  • jya7980xe.iojones.zip
    669.5 KB · Views: 92
@justdatruth Any chances you could upload your EFI folder, I'm not having much luck with this board, very different to the Asus/Gigabyte.
Could you post all the changes you've made in the BIOS?

Are you using any SSDT/DSDT, any patches?
any kexts ?

Thanks

DSM2, What kexts do you have installed?

Maybe there are some I have there that are causing issues... Could you post your EFI folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back