Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp : something interesting...

I was still attempting to have a box with both the vega and the nvidia card. So I put the Vega in slot 4.. Upon reboot I was shocked to see that the display is still under PC02.BR2A.SL05 ; it didn't change from when the card was in slot 1 !

because you had the nvidia GPU in Slot 1? Slot 4, should have SL01, in case that GB behaves like ASUS..

Hi
, after updating my Hackintosh
to the new released HighSierra 10.13.3 and installing the new released Nvidia Web Drivers i have lots of problems with my graphics.
The lags: TotalFinder tabs animation is stuttery and slow, navigation in TotalFinder is slow; Chrome tabs animation is stuttery and laggy, chrome itself is laggy; Launchpad animations are dropping frames (slightly); Even switching between windows has a slight delay.
nVidia web driver is installed.

My system is: asus x299 prim delux cpu i9-7800 asus 1080ti 2X

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34 MB · Views: 154
Hi
to the new released HighSierra 10.13.3 and installing the new released Nvidia Web Drivers i have lots of problems with my graphics.
The lags: TotalFinder tabs animation is stuttery and slow, navigation in TotalFinder is slow; Chrome tabs animation is stuttery and laggy, chrome itself is laggy; Launchpad animations are dropping frames (slightly); Even switching between windows has a slight delay.

Which driver are you using? this sounds like the general issue with the current driver. It has bugs, mostly affecting Maxwell cards.

Edit: in kgps guide, he illustrates how to patch an older driver to avoid the bugs in the latest releases.

Reactions: kgp
Hi

Same problem here, along with random freezes. The system seems stable (without any video acceleration albeit) since I removed the web drivers. :(

Same problem here, along with random freezes. The system seems stable (without any video acceleration albeit) since I removed the web drivers. :(

See post #5683 and read my guide !!!!!! I cannot read it for you..

because you had the nvidia GPU in Slot 1? Slot 4, should have SL01, in case that GB behaves like ASUS..

No, I only have one GPU inserted, weither nvidia or amd, when it's in slot 4 (and that's the only PCI card inserted), then it's shows under SL05

I never see any cards under SL01 under those scenarios.

I would be surprised if this was a scenario unique to GB motherboards.

No, I only have one GPU inserted, weither nvidia or amd, when it's in slot 4 (and that's the only PCI card inserted), then it's shows under SL05

For me :
My GPU is in slot 1 then it's shows under SL06 in about this Mac or in Ioreg.

you will never find EC0_ or EC__ ; _ is never a character used, it just means blank (or space).

Like " SB " will be used as _SB_, or "EC0 " will be EC0_

DSM isn't a device, it's a method (Device Specific Method).
It won't show in IOReg (which shows devices)

Hi

Just for clarification, an underscore in an ACPI patch is (like) a wildcard?

So is the change I made (swapping the HEX of EC0_ for the HEX of EC0) correct? or should I change it back?

Me being a Clover boot loader novice just interpreted _ as a literal underscore.

I have a a EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti PCI slot 1, but IOReg shows it in SL05 (w/ relevant ACPI patch disabled) and "System Information" shows it in "PCI Slot 6".

PCI slot 1 is the slot closest to the cpu socket (on an ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe), correct?

and SL05 equates to "PCI Slot 6" (in "System Information")?

With regard to the thunderbolt card I have:
"System Information" shows it to be in "PCI Slot 4", which it is.

Edit: in kgps guide, he illustrates how to patch an older driver to avoid the bugs in the latest releases.
plz full guide
Which driver are you using? this sounds like the general issue with the current driver. It has bugs, mostly affecting Maxwell cards.

plz full gudie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back