Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guuuys you will not dispute now about : Who done more for who in which case...? :crazy:
Only because of 5 to 10 from 5050 posts....
Come on ... That was so great thread and you want to waste all of that with this kind of discussion...
Both of you think about your reaction please!

It's not OK at all for all other hundreds or thousands people watching this thread and beeing (less or more) a part of this ...

I don’t mess with anyone around who done more or not... I just don’t sit here and let people tell me that I don’t have done anything for the community... that’s it!

I think @DSM2 absolutly no one can say something like that, people who were here before or read more... know what did you do with @kgp - we can't say more about background work, but we can imagine after beeing a part of this thread little more than few days.

I think it's not a problem, but only a little to "hard" (sorry i don't know different word) reactions for some of posts, and that is why some of users starts to jump on you or KGP with their arguments what was not a good solution for anyone.

- We still don't know why, (i mean I don't know) 50 pages ago or more you didn't continue your support for others, maybe it was simply some user which say something wrong in private message or I don't know...
It happens and the same thing can be with KGP, I totaly understeand his explosions,
especially when he is sensitive with some kind of points which make him very angry, and especially when some users continue
to dispute with him about something totally not in place....
- It's totally normal too.... your support for friend, if you understeand his reaction...
but I think all people and you too, can say... that some words were little OUT of control and
emotions gone too far...

BTW: If @kgp is tired with support 20/24h - me and (I hope) all other users will understeand
but on the same time, I hope it will be still the same thread, not ALL in ONE total mix (bordel or brothel if it's a good translation), which KGP would't to see and tried to prevent...

OK I think it's a good time to finish this part :p
Have a nice day ALL! :thumbup::)

@mgregrs and all others, don't worry.. ;)

I will continue supporting this thread and all of you, once some pseudo-experts left their opinion, and the entire thing calmed down to an appropriate and acceptable level.

I am just tired to get permanently questioned, attacked or offended by few special exotic people..

Take care in the meanwhile and rest like I do..

Or use the time to carefully read all details about the recently implemented achievements and innovations...

Some people are always in a rush and never find the necessary time to carefully read my guide, advices and instructions..

This is the perfect moment and opportunity to do so..

Hugs and all the best,

KGP :thumbup:

Last edited:
Update - First version of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guides finished and released

Enjoy! Happy to receive your feedback and suggestions!

View attachment 272939
hi,KGP,I can not set airport card display in PCI,your airport card is in slot 3,my airport card is in slot 5, I modified your aml file, has been modified into slot 5, but in the pci menu, can not be displayed, how do I correct it, and look forward to your reply
beat wishes

o.k. I found the solution... in fact I never tried the easy workaround I implemented here.... but now I did ;)

You have to do it exactly in the following order, do it precisely like this and exactly in this order!

1.) Backup the 10.13 AppleGraphicsControl.kext
2.) Install the patched WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01[up_17A315i].pkg
3.) Reboot
4.) Patch the the "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" with the Nvidia Web Driver Updater v1.5 to the actual OS X version, i.e. "17A330h"
(PB4/DP5) or "17A344b" (PB5/DP6)​
5.) Install the 10.12.6 AppleGraphicsControl.kext to /S/L/E with the accurate permission using Kext Utility or any other kext utility
of your choice.​
6.) Apply the AGDPfix (Don't forget to apply this last step!!! otherwise you will end up with a black screen which you cannot
circumvent!)​

And wooooow, it works! :headbang:

If you again mistake, you have to remove all NVDA*.kext files from /S/L/E and start from the beginning with the workaround ;)

I updated the guide correspondingly!

Cheers,

KGP
here is my modified answer
Scope (_SB.PC03.BR3D.ARPT)
{
OperationRegion (PCIS, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100)
Field (PCIS, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
PVID, 16,
PDID, 16
}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
Store (Package (0x0E)
{
"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x07)
{
"Slot-5"
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x13)
{
"AirPort Controller"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x4A)
{
"OSX WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"
},

"compatible",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"pci14e4,43a0"
},

"name",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"AirPort Extreme"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

here is my modified answer
Scope (_SB.PC03.BR3D.ARPT)
{
OperationRegion (PCIS, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100)
Field (PCIS, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
PVID, 16,
PDID, 16
}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
Store (Package (0x0E)
{
"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x07)
{
"Slot-5"
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x13)
{
"AirPort Controller"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x4A)
{
"OSX WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"
},

"compatible",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"pci14e4,43a0"
},

"name",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"AirPort Extreme"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Heh, I would like to have problem only with this one implementation :p
I have the same IDs model etc, on the same MB like our Master and it's not working too,
or any other... but I come back to this every 2-3 days and try something else
or simply I try to find what is going on and why nothing change in my case... (and it's not clover config in my case)
-- one day .... I'm almost sure - my list will be like KGP PCI list :D ... :p

BTW: @ffltt did you checked ARPT in clover remplacements?
or simply... When you write in finder in IOReg "ARPT"- can you find it?
if yes... have you the same path _SB.PC03.BR3D.ARPT and device-id? :)

PS: I'm not sure if we have to change something else (if needed) than device-id and path (DefinitionBlock entry)
.. it would be cool if someone more Pro can confirm that :)

Last edited:
I'm saddened for what I've came back to see what took place in this thread but happy @mgregrs came through like a REAL one.

We all in here are grown or if not soon to be or intelligent enough to do some more than average things on computers (some background stonger than others whether its on the hardware side, software side or both)... With that being said EVERYBODY needs to show each other some respect here. I don't know anyone from anyone in this thread but attacking each other whether its towards @kgp or others is not going to get anything solved here. I want to believe everyone has good intentions on getting their iX299 Pro functioning 100% as possible but just know if you don't have the EXACT hardware in totality or should I say a clone of hardware @kgp possesses? Than forget the idea of 100% working.

PLEASE: EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE GUIDE FROM BEGINNING TO END. IT WILL 9.5/10 WORK FOR YOUR X299 MOTHERBOARD!

YES I AGREE!!!! There is at least in my opinion...NOOOOOOOOO OTHER SITE/THREAD more dedicated to the X299 HACKINTOSH platform this is the best by far...go check lol. So more and more people with all sorts of ideas or suggestions whether dumb or smart will seek this thread out to get their MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE, SUPERMICRO, whatever X299/2066 socket motherboard/workstation/server board they own. I have special notes going forward how we should communicate.

First @kgp,

Relax, I know it's hard. But you have to relax big homie. I know you probably bald right now but you have to just learn to lay low sometimes. I recall first coming to this thread and being influenced on getting me a X299 custom iMac Pro running and your GUIDE IS F$@%#*! awesome. No one can discredit you for that and someone then was attacking you I believe somewhere around page 200 something ( I don't know...too many damn pages in this thread) and I stood up for you not even knowing who you are or anything. But then you attacked me when posting about something regarding my Rampage VI Edition when someone WITH YOUR ASUS PRIME had the same issue. I mean you BLEW UP AT ME DUDE!! I felt it was totally unnecessary and unprofessional and total your bad as obviously you didn't read the prior posts with the user whom had a Prime Deluxe with that issue. I took a different approach after expressing myself to you and kept it moving. THEN, I let it resonate and put myself in your shoes and I can see that you are possibly overwhelmed with keeping the thread updated and being responsive to users when in need. I DO COMMEND YOU FOR THAT BUDDY. But, lol, sometimes you need to take a different approach so that you can keep your calm and sanity intact.

I have some suggestions and I think it would better help everyone out and awesome rebranding and polishing of what you may perceive people may view you like...

1. If someone you feel says something stupid or dumb in your opinion, just hit them with the ":think:" face. I personally would think It would be hilarious if it's something I seen from time to time treating mothers&$(*##&( for not reading the guide LMFAOOO... OMG I'm laughing now as I type this.

2. In conjunction to 1, sometimes it's just best to not say anything at all, let someone else post on your behalf, I'm sure it's hundreds if not thousands of viewers looking at this thread for support. I was told by a wise soul, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

3. If you feel necessary with the success to this thread... You ever thought about sub threading this thread to some separate MFR/board type specific threads you can create? I think this would be awesome and increase progress for all of us as the separate threads would draw some dedicated users there to help troubleshoot their specific builds (Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 for example OR just ASRock X299, etc.) which may in turn be something beneficial to all our iX299 Pro builds. This can be the main thread of course but again guys... If you don't have 100% @kgp hardware, don't expect 100% success as him.

@DSM2 maaaaaaaaan... don't let nobody run you off from posting on a thread man? Don't do that lol, not a good look if you know what I mean. Your contributions are very much appreciated as well. Keep doin it man :headbang:

@izo1 Keep doin what you doin man and posting help. Nothing wrong with it, this is the only thread popping when it comes to X299 platform. Until @kgp considers possibly sub-threading for specific boards or mfrs, this is the place to be if you ask me. I appreciate you posting about your works of getting the wifi going trust me! I appreciate you talking to apple. Trust me!!

I appreciate this thread damnit lol

Now everyone be happy, be friends, and let's get these iX299 Pros going.... With some damn respect of course. :)

FYI. You guys really need to figure it out between @kgp & @izo1 ....You got one talking to apple and the other talking to ASUS & NVIDIA... get it together guys. We all should be having native success if y'all put y'all thinking caps on talk to the right folks.

Peace

Last edited:
If I'm using a X299-e strike then should I get that bios instead of the prime?

Get the bios for your boards make and build. Then patch. I assume you me Strix and not Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back