Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st I tried your Test New config.plist and works great,
but
Sleep/wake - the same problem like before, only monitor turns off; so I would like to know if you can tell me which
is your best advice to check whats going on after sleep, KP ... I mean how to check it correctly because my findings
it's not that at all :p - Thanks* :)

BTW: So we have/can use iMacPro.aml and ssdt.aml in ACPI/pached like always...
I know first one is not needed for everyone (like you said in guide), but SSDT is mandatory for all?

If you did not properly adopt the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, don't use it at all! Just enable the ACPI replacements.
If you did successfully adopt the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, just skip the SBUS PCI implementation for now.

ssdt.aml as before in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/... However note that it is now just the plugin-type injector of interference and not Pike Alpha's ssdt.aml!

Like this your system should sleep and wake without further issues.

Good luck

Awesome to know thanks!

Just wondering which external raid are you using?

I'm looking at 4-6 HDD TB3 RAID (It would be nice if it also has a USB3.0 port in the back for using on other non TB3 computers) with RAID5/6 capability.

I was looking at the drobo, but coming from a "legitimate" Dell server with 8 HDDs and RAID 6 I can't fathom using this little guy.

I'm using Drobo 5D. But if I had to buy new raid array I wouldn't choose Drobo. Promises Pegasus are better speedwise. For example, my 5D drobo with 5 HDD was benching at ~300MS/s read/write, while Promise Pegasus with 4 HDD was benching at ~500MB/s read/write. Downside is that pegasus has only TB ports. You could check out Lacie 6big arrays as they have TB3 and USB3.1.

If you did not properly adopt the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, don't use it at all! Just enable the ACPI replacements.
If you did successfully adopt the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, just skip the SBUS PCI implementation for now.

ssdt.aml as before in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/... However note that it is now just the plugin-type injector of interference and not Pike Alpha's ssdt.aml!

Like this your system should sleep and wake without further issues.

Good luck

I will became totally crazy with all that tests :p
So... with your new test config.plist without modified iMacPro.aml in ACPI/pached - only with SSDT.aml alone
10.13.3 never works with any kind of option/config/files magic words etc ... :crazy:

what change in 2 cases (what you saw): 'total different options' than before...
Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 16.02.12.png

but now I switched on 2nd SSD with 10.13.4 our public beta and miracle :D
1st try (manual sleep) and voila :D PC sleep :thumbup:
it's only for 1 time, 2nd one is fail but it's a good beginning after so many tries etc..
- reboot, next try and every 1st (manual) sleep is OK :thumbup:

So now.. All my test I will do "only on 10.13.4 beta...

but still I would like to know how to check my last KP after sleep..
I remember 200 pages ago someone shared some solution or terminal command to see
your last kp but I didn't found it .... so it's would be very nice if someone Pro could share it again :p
Thank you! :thumbup:

I will became totally crazy with all that tests :p
So... with your new test config.plist without modified iMacPro.aml in ACPI/pached - only with SSDT.aml alone
10.13.3 never works with any kind of option/config/files magic words etc ... :crazy:

what change in 2 cases (what you saw): 'total different options' than before...
View attachment 310391

but now I switched on 2nd SSD with 10.13.4 our public beta and miracle :D
1st try (manual sleep) and voila :D PC sleep :thumbup:
it's only for 1 time, 2nd one is fail but it's a good beginning after so many tries etc..
- reboot, next try and every 1st (manual) sleep is OK :thumbup:

So now.. All my test I will do "only on 10.13.4 beta...

but still I would like to know how to check my last KP after sleep..
I remember 200 pages ago someone shared some solution or terminal command to see
your last kp but I didn't found it .... so it's would be very nice if someone Pro could share it again :p
Thank you! :thumbup:

I am currently discussing and revising everything with @interferenc. Please EVERYBODY, don't continue with parallel testing until everything is completed..

Yes, but all what i do takes very long, because im working in my main job almost 15h every day.... Im a network/sysadmin.... And im reading this thread and answering almost everytime mainly on the toilet xD so dont expect anything fast from me... Cheers:)

:lol::lol::lol:

@interferenc ,

lets return back to the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml..

I now removed the entire SBUS PCI implementation from the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml.. Although I would like to stress, that the former SBUS implementation was working without your SMBS ACPI Replacement and did also not prevent my system from sleep or wake... The former implementation was just incompatible with your new SMBS ACPI Replacement in terms of sleep/wake..

What to do with the current LPBC implementation? You want me to remove that, too? As you say it tis not implemented on the real iMacPro? The current LPBC implementation however also does not prevent my system from sleep/wake..

The remaining PCI device implementations seem properly implemented and seem also to be fully compatible with Sleep/Wake..

Facing still issues in starting the PCI IMEI Driver though..

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 17.05.00.png

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.

I tried till the early hours last night trying to get my fresh install to boot up with the Nvidia Drivers. No such luck.

It seems to load up and land into the black screen.

I am thinking that I might be missing something here.

Everything seems to Be working (Which is awesome because prior to doing this fresh install as a iMac Pro it was never this Fast!)

Usb works... network Card works.. sound works ( I use a External Usb Scarlet) and power management works as well

The only thing that is not working is the Nvidia Drivers.

Should I have a File in ACPI Patched? Cause I do not have anything in there.. I feel like maybe I'm missing something... Feel so close yet so far

not sure what or where I would put this aml file you guys are talking about as well. Im sorry for being so inexperienced

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 8.53.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 8.53.37 AM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 105
Good morning everyone.

I tried till the early hours last night trying to get my fresh install to boot up with the Nvidia Drivers. No such luck.

It seems to load up and land into the black screen.

I am thinking that I might be missing something here.

Everything seems to Be working (Which is awesome because prior to doing this fresh install as a iMac Pro it was never this Fast!)

Usb works... network Card works.. sound works ( I use a External Usb Scarlet) and power management works as well

The only thing that is not working is the Nvidia Drivers.

Should I have a File in ACPI Patched? Cause I do not have anything in there.. I feel like maybe I'm missing something... Feel so close yet so far

not sure what or where I would put this aml file you guys are talking about as well. Im sorry for being so inexperienced

Which SMBIOS are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back