Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect, the SST-X299-iMacPro.aml does not load LBPC. It just adds the else already implemented and active LPBC controller to Section PCI in Apple's system report.

You are right that I am not able to find SBUS via IOREG. I just find SMBS. As I said, I am going to investigate this latter issue following your advise.

I am in favour of minimising the config.plist implementations as proposed. I just want to ensure, that such minimalistic config.plist indeed works for EVERYBODY and not only for me.

O.K.?

Good point of minimising the config.plist

But will may work for ASUS mobos with bios patched or may it work with other mobos Msi,Gigabyte,... ? ;-)

But will may work for ASUS mobos with bios patched or may it work with other mobos Msi,Gigabyte,... ? ;-)

The modified config.plist?

It shall work for all mobos with unlocked MSR 0xE2 register..

Who told you to use rehabman's usbinjectall.kext with X299?

1.) usbinjectall.kext won't apply to anything else than XHC USB2.0 and USB 3.0. It does not apply at all for the else native USB3.1 Implementation.

2.) On X299, usbinjectall.kext is totally obsolete. Just remove it..

3.) Don't rely on the transfer rate information depicted under PCI in Apple's system report! It can be of purely cosmetic nature.

4.) Try to compare real life USB3.1 transfer rates benchmarked on your systems with the benchmarks obtained on a real iMac Pro and report back.

o.k.?

All the best,

KGP

KGP, I dont have an X299 modo, as I said, I have a Z370 mobo with ASM3142 USB controller. I just wanted to see If its a limitation due to this specific chip, or It's my configuration that is jammed.

This is why I wanted to see what you can see in Apple System report.

I'm not using the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml as am on a z370 mogo ( Coffee lake - ie my signature )

Thank for your help anyways :)

The modified config.plist?

It shall work for all mobos with unlocked MSR 0xE2 register..

I have my bios file :witch point may I verify to see if I have unlocked MSR 0xE2 register ?

@interferenc, I just made lot of changes to my config.plist and followed some of your suggestions for it. I 'm not sure to understand what you mean by drop "SSDT PM" (two spaces!). Could you please copy/paste the relevant config.plist lines?

I'm not able to tell what I've changed that made my sleep work just fine now, but it seems to be working just nicely. I have so far tried 10 consecutive hibernations/wake with 30sec-2min of sleep time. No noticeable issues, system wakes up just fine and goes to sleep just fine when requested. The only annoyance are the USB drives that are disconnected and show that error that says they haven't been properly ejected when the system wakes up. Does anyone has any clue about how to resolve that last issue?

@kgp, I just cold booted Windows and my core multipliers can drop as low as 7x when performing various stress_testing/idle alternated tasks. So I believe low frequencies are not an issue. And in fact on my board I haven't noticed a difference before and after the first sleep in terms of Core frequency drops. And I'm not using Plugin Type like you mention.

1.) Your first question

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 14.19.53.png

2.) CPU Idle Frequency drop after Wake solved!!!! see post #4822

3.) I already found the guilty one that prevents now sleep on my system..

It is the new ACPI replacement of @interferenc, which might not yet be fully compatible with the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml.. Working on that..

The config.plist I just distributed already contains als changes proposed by @interferenc...

Not necessary to redo all changes manually o_O

I asked everybody to try this new config.plist and not to introduce again already implemented changes manually..

Last edited:
I have my bios file :witch point may I verify to see if I have unlocked MSR 0xE2 register ?

Just read section B.1) ASUS Bios patching.. There you can find also all checks necessary to see if MSR is unlocked only our board.

KGP, I dont have an X299 modo, as I said, I have a Z370 mobo with ASM3142 USB controller. I just wanted to see If its a limitation due to this specific chip, or It's my configuration that is jammed.

This is why I wanted to see what you can see in Apple System report.

I'm not using the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml as am on a z370 mogo ( Coffee lake - ie my signature )

Thank for your help anyways :)

Anyway, with this your are in the wrong thread my friend ;)

Your question is OoT.. ;)

Ok thank's Kgp

My MSR 0xE2 register is not unlocked :

laurents-imac-pro:~ laurent$ mv ~/Downloads/voltageshift ~/Desktop/

laurents-imac-pro:~ laurent$ cd ~/Desktop/voltageshift/

laurents-imac-pro:voltageshift laurent$ sudo chmod -R 755 VoltageShift.kext

Password:

laurents-imac-pro:voltageshift laurent$ sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Desktop/voltageshift/VoltageShift.kext

laurents-imac-pro:voltageshift laurent$ ./voltageshift read 0xe2

RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402

@Thireus

SMBS ACPI patch incompatibility with current SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml SBUS implementation confirmed.

So EVERYBODY, just don't use SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for testing the new config.plist or remove the SBUS SSDT implementation in the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for now..

Else the new config.plist seems to work flawless on my system, including sleep/wake!

Edit:

Attached the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml without the now erroneous SBUS PCI implementation.

Note that therefore and for now there is no SBUS implementation in PCI of Apple's System report.

Also attached the ssdt.aml with the plugin-type injection, to be used in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

With this new configuration and the new config.plist, everything should work just few flawless even after enabling all ACPI Replacements.

I also have full forced and auto sleep/wake functionality.

After finishing the revision, I will directly implement and explain all modifications within my guide in the originating post of the thread with all necessary details.

So don't worry..

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ssdt.aml.zip
    828 bytes · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
@Thireus

SMBS ACPI patch incompatibility with current SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml SBUS implementation confirmed.

So EVERYBODY, just don't use SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for testing the new config.plist or remove the SBUS SSDT implementation in the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for now..

Else the new config.plist seems to work flawless on my system, including sleep/wake!

Edit:

Attached the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml without the now erroneous SBUS PCI implementation.

Note that therefore and for now there is no SBUS implementation in PCI of Apple's System report.

Also attached the ssdt.aml with the plugin-type injection, to be used in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

With this new configuration and the new config.plist, everything should work just few flawless even after enabling all ACPI Replacements.

I also have full forced and auto sleep/wake functionality.

After finishing the revision, I will directly implement and explain all modifications within my guide in the originating post of the thread with all necessary details.

So don't worry..

1st I tried your Test New config.plist and works great,
but
Sleep/wake - the same problem like before, only monitor turns off; so I would like to know if you can tell me which
is your best advice to check whats going on after sleep, KP ... I mean how to check it correctly because my findings
it's not that at all :p - Thanks* :)

BTW: So we have/can use iMacPro.aml and ssdt.aml in ACPI/pached like always...
I know first one is not needed for everyone (like you said in guide), but SSDT is mandatory for all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back