Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having issues with both OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi, half of the time I get the following error (on cold boot):

Code:
Error allocating 0x122d4 pages at 0x0000000021a2a000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area

It seems that others on this thread have been having the same issue. I'm wondering if someone managed to understand why we're getting these.

The old method of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi + Test2.efi was the only one working fine for me. At some point I also had AptioMemoryFix.efi working fine as well (the initial pre-compiled version from tyufhl), although I didn't quite like the time it was taking to calculate the slide value.

As for now on my R6E motherboard, after using the DSDT patches provided I'm now having some issues with my USB mouse which seems to teleport on the screen when CPU load increases. I believe that's caused by power management and I probably missed something from the guide about it, so I'll dig further that way. Without any DSDT patches that USB mouse was working just fine before, so I might just rollback on some of the patches.

I had the same problem as you.
It was solved through the latest version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Try to use once.

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix.efi
    26.5 KB · Views: 156
Same here with the allocation errors here and there but usually boots fine after reboot.

I'm also assuming you named your bios when flashing R6E.CAP correct? I've flashed my bios twice already receiving an image patched confirmation. Not sure but I'll try again.

That's correct. In any case you'll know if the BIOS has been flashed or not when the LED stops blinking. If it switches from blinking to staying on it means there is an issue. I'm attaching the BIOS I've patched.

Attachments

• R6E_PATCHED_THIREUS_1102.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I had the same problem as you.
It was solved through the latest version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Try to use once.

Thanks, I've compiled mine yesterday actually, pretty sure it's the latest version because it appears the master branch has been last modified 4 days ago. When did you compile yours?

This worked last night, but now not even this works this morning, can get the file (https://swdist.apple.com/content/do...6dh9mtqwvx7gp4ykc7k5lb/091-52052.English.dist) via my own or a proxy connection - does it still work for you?

Does it relate to the change to 10.13.3 as the latest version?

I can confirm the file is gone now, 404. Oh boy... :(

@ophelia and @Thireus ,

Can you please stop panicking around the downloads for the MacOS 10.13.2 (17C2120) installer?

I just tried:

Code:
curl https://swdist.apple.com/content/downloads/51/44/091-52052/dsqmhvw2nghj6dh9mtqwvx7gp4ykc7k5lb/091-52052.English.dist -o 091-52052.English.dist

from a terminal an it works flawless!!!!!

Enjoy and have fun!

KGP

@ophelia and @Thireus ,

Can you please stop panicking around the downloads for the MacOS 10.13.2 (17C2120) installer?

I just tried:

Code:
curl https://swdist.apple.com/content/downloads/51/44/091-52052/dsqmhvw2nghj6dh9mtqwvx7gp4ykc7k5lb/091-52052.English.dist -o 091-52052.English.dist

from a terminal an it works flawless!!!!!

Enjoy and have fun!

KGP

I was curious, so I just tried this myself and it looked like it worked until I looked at the contents of the file and it does result in a 404 error document.

I was curious, so I just tried this myself and it looked like it worked until I looked at the contents of the file and it does result in a 404 error document.

ok, I see.. you are right.. Well, let's try to find a solution. For now, anybody who previously dowloaded 091-52052.English.dist, can you upload here the unmodified file? The file is small, thus there should not be any problem for the upload and it should still be in compliance with the board rules, as the file has been previously downloaded from the Apple server. Unfortunate, I do not have any copy of this file. If this intermediate workaround would not be in compliance with the board rules, a short notification by one of the moderators would be appreciated.

ok, I see.. you are right.. Well, let's try to find a solution. For now, anybody who previously dowloaded 091-52052.English.dist, can you upload here the unmodified file? The file is small, thus there should not be any problem for the upload and it should still be in compliance with the board rules, as the file has been previously downloaded from the Apple server.
Here you go.

Attachments

• 091-52052.English.dist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 90
I'm having issues with both OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi, half of the time I get the following error (on cold boot):

Code:
Error allocating 0x122d4 pages at 0x0000000021a2a000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area

It seems that others on this thread have been having the same issue. I'm wondering if someone managed to understand why we're getting these.

The old method of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi + Test2.efi was the only one working fine for me. At some point I also had AptioMemoryFix.efi working fine as well (the initial pre-compiled version from tyufhl), although I didn't quite like the time it was taking to calculate the slide value.

As for now on my R6E motherboard, after using the DSDT patches provided I'm now having some issues with my USB mouse which seems to teleport on the screen when CPU load increases. I believe that's caused by power management and I probably missed something from the guide about it, so I'll dig further that way. Without any DSDT patches that USB mouse was working just fine before, so I might just rollback on some of the patches.

You are always free to change back to the old method with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi + Test2.efi despite SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, however I doubt that you will have native NVRAM implementation in this case.

On my System, both OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi work nearly flawless, but I clearly incline to use AptioMemoryFix.efi. After system configuration modifications it might OCCASIONALLY happen that a runtime allocation error occurs. A reboot always solves this tiny remaining issue, but I am far away from stating that memory allocation errors would occur half of the time. Also please consider that AptioMemoryFix.efi is an entirely new approach under permanent development. With time it will reach an even higher level of sophistication. Thus please just be patient.

If you want to get more insight on OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, memory allocation errors and the workaround, please have a look to the ongoing discussion linked HERE and HERE.. You are also free to post your issues and claims directly there, which in my opinion would be definitely more productive and fruitful than complaining here.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back