Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like all ports are working (that i can test) and at roughly the same speeds. (benchmarks are never perfect results as it could be run 1000 times with 1000 different results). im pretty happy with these results.

**all tests were completed using a usb 3.1 type A external hdd

Also to note. The external drive issue is still present on certain ports.
@DSM2 are you working on the imacpro usb kext?

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
looks like all ports are working (that i can test) and at roughly the same speeds. (benchmarks are never perfect results as it could be run 1000 times with 1000 different results). im pretty happy with these results.

**all tests were completed using a usb 3.1 type A external hdd

Also to note. The external drive issue is still present on certain ports.
@DSM2 are you working on the imacpro usb kext?

View attachment 305505

Perfect.. But there are in total 16 ports! You did not check all of them...

Update:

We have to find a solution for the internal icon symbols for external USB drives which is different from a board specific XHC USB Kext implementation! I want the have a general native approach to be applicable for ALL X299 mainboards!

I am not going to fall back to the XHC USB Kext implementation, which I originally proposed myself long it was deemed necessary!

Last edited:
Perfect.. But there are in total 16 ports! You did not check all of them...

no, i did not speed test all ports. i tested one port for every bus. assuming the other would follow. and i did confirm all other ports are active. like i said, lack of motivation lol! and this test is sufficient for me

no, i did not speed test all ports. i tested one port for every bus. assuming the other would follow. and i did confirm all other ports are active. like i said, lack of motivation lol! and this test is sufficient for me

I would like that you check all ports! I want to close this topic once and forever!

Please try to search for a different fix for the internal USB Icon, if the latter issue really has such personal importance for you. I am not going to implement again the XHC USB Kext approach! The latter is obsolete. Full Stop!

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

I would like that you check all ports! I want to close this topic once and forever!

Please try to search for a different fix for the internal USB Icon, if the latter issue really has such personal importance for you. I am not going to implement again the XHC USB Kext approach! The latter is obsolete. Full Stop!

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

like i said the test is sufficient enough for me to close the topic for myself. i really dont have the time to test further and have moved onto the external drive fix. If someone else would like to test the remainder ports with the fix you provided. by all means. however it will show similar results on other ports.

like i said the test is sufficient enough for me to close the topic for myself. i really dont have the time to test further and have moved onto the external drive fix. If someone else would like to test the remainder ports with the fix you provided. by all means. however it will show similar results on other ports.

Come on.. I was the whole night long updating my guide for all users until 6:00 a.m.... the test would require 1 hour of our time at most... Let's check if all ports work now at expected speeds.. If so, we can close the topic...

The credits of this test will be yours..

It would be the first time that you actively and significantly contribute instead of permanently asking for solutions to be implemented by others...

I would see such help from your side extremely positive...

Thanks in advance, man!

Come on.. I was the whole night long updating my guide for all users until 6:00 a.m.... the test would require 1 hour of our time at most... Let's check if all ports work now at expected speeds.. If so, we can close the topic...

The credits of this test will be yours..

It would be the first time that you actively and significantly contribute instead of permanently asking for solutions to be implemented by others...

I would see such help from your side extremely positive...

Thanks in advance, man!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ok fine! lol

Reactions: kgp
Are you really able to run FaceTime and iMessage without EMUVariable? With OsxAptioDRVFix this was not yet possible!

Please check and confirm!

Thanks in advance!

Yes iMessage and FaceTime works.

@kgp here are the results

unfortunatley i do not have front usb 2.0 ports (as the header is being used by the bluetooth card)

as well i do not have a usb 3.1 type c device to test that port.

again all test were carried out using an ADATA HD 7650

usb test.jpg

@kgp here are the results

unfortunatley i do not have front usb 2.0 ports (as the header is being used by the bluetooth card)

as well i do not have a usb 3.1 type c device to test that port.

again all test were carried out using an ADATA HD 7650

View attachment 305529

Gorgeous, man :thumbup:

Thus flawless and absolutely native XHC USB Implementation with top speeds not only at USB3.1 Type-A and Type-C but also at USB3.0 level. All USB2.0, USB3.0 and USB3.1 Type-A and Type-C ports work as expected. :headbang:

Thanks for your extensive efforts in conforming my expectations.. :clap:

With these marvellous and impressive results, I definitely consider the XHC USB discussion as closed!

I do not want anybody to come up once more along this thread with complains about USB performance or USB functionality on our gorgeous Skylake-X/X299 iMacPro builds. :ugeek:

He will be immediately directed to post #3623 by @shael :lol::lol::lol:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back