Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok implementing XHCI instead of the former XHC1 seems to solve the usb 2.0 port problem.... is there anything i should test to confirm this hasnt broken anything else?

Yes, please test all USB boards on functionality and speed!!! Use a an external USB3.0 HDD or SDD and not a USB Stick.

Yes, please test all USB boards on functionality and speed!!! Use a an external USB3.0 HDD or SDD and not a USB Stick.

Do i need to test usb3 in usb2 ports and usb 2 in usb 3 ports using ioreg as well? would this change have affected this?

Ive also noticed that still, no usb 2.0 bus shows up in system profiler.
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.39.28 AM.png

Performing a clean install of my system to get rid of collected rubbish over the years ;)

Lot's of work but worth to do once ;)

Hope to finally achieve a golden master backup for my specific needs :)

BTW... How do you like my new background ??? :lol::lol::lol:

IMG_9619.png

Performing a clean install of my system to get rid of collected rubbish over the years ;)

Lot's of work but worth to do once ;)

Hope to finally achieve a golden master backup for my specific needs :)

BTW... How do you like my new background ??? :lol::lol::lol:

View attachment 305483

im uber jealous of your display!

Also is that one of your personal images?

Do i need to test usb3 in usb2 ports and usb 2 in usb 3 ports using ioreg as well? would this change have affected this?

Ive also noticed that still, no usb 2.0 bus shows up in system profiler.View attachment 305479

I just asked you to check the USB read/write speeds with Blackmagic and a USB3.0 HDD or SDD for all available USB ports...

Update:

Just for curiosity, please also check the USB read/write speed with a USB3.1 HDD or SDD (if available) also for all USB3.1 Type-A and Type-C ports although they are hosted on different controllers.

Last edited:
im uber jealous of your display!

Also is that one of your personal images?

It is the original iMacPro desktop background :headbang:;):lol:

I just asked you to check the USB read/write speeds with Blackmagic and a USB3.0 HDD or SDD for all available USB ports...

and i was asking if i needed to test anything further than speeds, im just testing it all now.

and i was asking if i needed to test anything further than speeds, im just testing it all now.

For my taste not really... If the speeds are ok and all ports are fully functional, the rest should be fine as well.

If somebody else wants you to test something additional or special, please go ahead and ask @shael, who seems currently highly motivated ;):lol:

For my taste not really... If the speeds are ok and all ports are fully functional, the rest should be fine as well.

If somebody else wants you to test something additional or special, please go ahead and ask @shael, who seems currently highly motivated ;):lol:

im anything but motivated... especially with some of the :crazy:"not so smart" people floating around this thread.:banghead:

im anything but motivated... especially with some of the :crazy:"not so smart" people floating around this thread.:banghead:

:lol: such is life..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back