Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now we are at 80 deg C, right :lol:

And your CPU is really delidded? :ugeek: Quite high temps for 4.4.Ghz... Mine without delidding would show similar temps at that frequency.

you also spent about 3x the amount on your water cooling setup.... so for the price. im pretty happy with the performance from it. im sure if my fans werent turned down in qfan (for noise levels) it may do a tad better.

I don't have that *** Utilization window! o_O New version of IPG? Why this additional windows should have something to do with removing the FakeCPUID?

ipg v3.5.0 from dec 22 2017..... OH! i bet it was the erp option in the bios that did it ;) hang on.... let me test.....

nope, that wasnt it... hmmm what version of ipg are you on?

Guys, you need to run p95v287.MacOSX.noGUI.tar.gz

Run mode: 15. Options/Torture Test

After delidding my i9-7980XE, not before ;):lol:...

That's definitely a task for @shael and his delidded i9-7980XE .. But with the already high Cinebench temperatures above, he will burn his entire flat with your torture test, probably.. :lol:

@shael, if you really delidded your i9-7980XE something is wrong. Either you put toothpaste between the CPU and IHS or you have a problem with your water cooling ;)

You should have used the Red Bull of @TECH_ATTACK instead... :lol::lol::lol:

red-bull.gif

ipg v3.5.0 from dec 22 2017..... OH! i bet it was the erp option in the bios that did it ;) hang on.... let me test.....

nope, that wasnt it... hmmm what version of ipg are you on?

Version 3.0.3... Where did you get version 3.5.0 from? Can you provide a link?

After delidding my i9-7980XE, not before ;):lol:...

That's definitely a task for @shael and his delidded i9-7980XE .. But with the already high Cinebench temperatures above, he will burn his entire flat with your torture test, probably.. :lol:

@shael, if you really delidded your i9-7980XE something is wrong. Either you put toothpaste between the CPU and IHS or you have a problem with your water cooling ;)

You should have used the Red Bull of @TECH_ATTACK instead... :lol::lol::lol:

View attachment 305086

oh its without a doubt a shitty watercooler.... the temps arent concerning for me... i loved to compare mine against someone who hasnt delided with an h115, show u the difference..

Also.... toothpaste LM would be pretty nasty! lol

;) https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20

oh its without a doubt a shitty watercooler.... the temps arent concerning for me... i loved to compare mine against someone who hasnt delided with an h115, show u the difference..

Also.... toothpaste LM would be pretty nasty! lol

;) https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20

I've got a non-delided 7980XE with my H115i, temps are going to the roof with 4.4Ghz but still alright. I've reached 82C with prime95 running for a couple of minutes. Idle temps are 29C. I haven't tried to go any further yet. Still fighting to get audio working for now.

:banghead: you got me there! lol

To compare with non-delided 7980XE and Core Voltage set to Auto (~1.23V) @4.4ghz.

For overclocking you should definitely run Windows instead. Temps shown on OSX are not accurate.

#ToTheRoof

Attachments

• 7980XE-Temps-Non-delid-H115i.png
    7980XE-Temps-Non-delid-H115i.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
To compare with non-delided 7980XE and Core Voltage set to Auto (~1.23V) @4.4ghz.

For overclocking you should definitely run Windows instead. Temps shown on OSX are not accurate.

#ToTheRoof

omg like at your power consumption!!!!!

and your temps! so your on a h115i, as well? thats pretty crazy that ive dropped about 15-20*c...i mean sure we can start getting into ambient temps... but i think everyone has their homes set at roughly the same temps...

omg like at your power consumption!!!!!

and your temps! so your on a h115i, as well? thats pretty crazy that ive dropped about 15-20*c...i mean sure we can start getting into ambient temps... but i think everyone has their homes set at roughly the same temps...

Yep h115i too. I need to reduce Core Voltage. What's yours?

Can't boil water for my pasta with lower temps man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back