Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kgp, can you send me your curent efi folder ? I am building right now a configuration based on you tutorial with x299 Asus Prime Deluxe and 7920x. If we have the same motherboard most of the things it will work so i dont need to change too much. ( just some things cpu related). Thanks

Newest Clover now has iMac Pro 1,1, yaaayyy :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 10.00.52 AM.png

Change the profile and my system (6 cores, 7800X) now won't boot, lol

IMG_6861.jpg

Running 10.13.2, not sure if anyone has the same issue, ;););)

PS: Still booting into the OS fine with my USB Installer using iMac 17,1...

And Happy New Year to all, (still drunk from last night :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: but now time to get back to work, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:)

Edited: Follow the post #2955 by @DSM2, now its running great, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have succesfully installed hs on my hdd for the wifi and bluethoot @kgp?

i have succesfully installed hs on my hdd for the wifi and bluethoot @kgp?
Dude, do you even read the guide at all? WiFi and BT on board are not supported by MacOS (some success with BT).. Kgp using the OSX wifi Pci card.. If you find the way to make WiFi working, let us know, :thumbup: From my suggestion for you, read the guild like 100 times, and if you have time to read all 3000 posts, pls do that too, only 300 pages, some books has more pages than that, :thumbup:

Modified ssdtPRGen distribution, compatible with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 system definition and new iMac Pro BoardID.

Note that I just modified Pike Alpha's ssdtPRGen distribution for SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 definition and new iMac Pro BoardID compatibility. The original version distributed on Github will fail in successfully creating the required ssdt.aml.

The modified iMac Pro ssdtPRGen distribution has been added at the bottom of the originating post of this thread/guide and is once more attached here below.

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• ssdtPRGen.sh-iMacPro.zip
    378.9 KB · Views: 104
Starting with Guide Update for iMacPro1,1 compatibility in the originating post of this thread

I will advice once more all users as soon as the Guide Update is finished. Please be patient.

Thanks in advance,

kgp.png

Hello KGP
I put in Kexts / other NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 + Lilu.kext v1.2.1
I installed the 378.10.10.10.25.102 web driver with the build (17C88) that I downloaded from the Mac vid card site.
Once the driver is installed I restart the driver is functional.
But when another reboot the driver does not remain activated, it must be activated manually in the bootloader.
Yet I put in the config.plist nvda_drv = 1

I guess that is because you need to enable the board-id in platformsupport, as discussed before. Or wait for 10.13.3, which hopefully has the boardid included by default.

Modifying platformsupport gives me an error in recompiling caches. (sudo touch /system/library/extensions && sudo kextcache -u /). After that it won't successfully boot. Can somebody try this and reboot? Not sure if my 10.13.3 beta 2 installation is borked or that the actual platformsupport kernel extension is omitted.

Major and substantial Guide Update for iMacPro1,1 compatibility in the originating post of this thread completed

EFI-Folder related modifications:
  • Implementation of Clover Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4366, which already considers iMacPro details from @TheOfficalGypsy's dump.
  • Update of ACPI DSDT Replacement patches in config.plist in Section "ACPI" of Clover Configurator v4.60.0.0 (which now also includes all SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 details).
  • Implementation of the actual SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 details in the config.plist
Note that a new EFI-Folder has been attached at the bottom of the originating post/guide. This EFI-Folder is also attached here below.

Guide related modifications:

• Update of Introduction
  • Update of Error Preventions C.1), C.2.a), C.6). Adding of Error Prevention C.15).
  • Minor modifications of Sections "10.13 Clean Install" D.1) and "10.13 Upgrade" D.2)
  • Update of XCPM Section E.1). I also modified Pike Alpha's ssdtPRGen distribution for SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 and iMacPro BoardID compatibly and attached the resulting ssdtPRGen distribution at the bottom of the originating post/guide. Note that Pike Alpha's original and official ssdtPRGen distribution will fail to generate the required ssdt.aml when using the SMBIOS system definition.
  • Minor modifications of Section "Graphics Configuration" E.2).
  • Minor modifications at beginning of Section "USB Configuration" E.4)
  • Major and substantial revision of Section "ASUS Prime X299 PCI Device Implementation" E.9)
  • New description of actual ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches in Section E.9.1), which are now in concordance with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.
  • New description of the new SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml in section E.9.2), which is now in concordance with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. Also note that the new SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml has been attached at bottom of the originating post/guide.
@apfelnico, @TheOfficialGypsy and @interferenc, please check Section E.9) and in particular the iMacPro ACPI DSDT Replacement patches and the new SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for inconsistencies. Your comments, suggestions and improvements are highly appreciated and more than welcome. If you look e.g. to my PCI Snapshot of Apple's system Report at the beginning of Section E.9.2), you might witness some inconsistency yet in the TBEX 3 implementation.

The SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 implementation did not improve the actual Skylake-X CPU implementation. Native Skylake-X CPU support shall hopefully be fully implemented within the final release of 10.13.3.

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13.2-Release-020118.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hello KGP
I find the solution, in the parameters system, i have actived Web driver, and at the restart the web driver is always actived.
Thank for guide is exellent

lolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back