Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are concentrated you can test everything in one hour, max few hours with all WC system (not few days), so go to sleep very well, then wake up with BIG COFFEE CUP and ready to GO ! :D

Start without any additional USB hubs, USB gadgets, additional cards etc... , without SSD/ HDD, then RAM, it's easy, and you don't need to touch your cooling system... then you can go further GPU/CPU... etc....

PS: Did you tried to find something about that on the internet?
I say very often to my clients and family - "Uncle Google don't eat people, can help only :)"

for example:

1. If you're getting a black screen and A0 code, try different ports on your GPU(s)
  2. If you're receiving A2, try different SATA ports, or try removing all but one drive. If that fails, try adding a DVD drive.
  3. For code 62, not sure what the fix is as this only happened the first few times. I think perhaps my m.2 was not properly attached.
source: https://www.******.com/r/techsupport/comments/6kcmze/x299_build_wont_post_on_asus_prime_deluxe/

:D
Thank you, but I did that already and replied to that post earlier today to no avail, as that post is already "resolved." So that post is closed. I even tried to message that person who started that post. So, just about 15 minutes ago I just posted my own on ****** here:

https://www.******.com/r/techsuppor...prime_x299deluxe_code_a2_a0_post_error_black/

I'm wondering if it's the 12V power cable connected to the board from the EK Monoblock that I'm using to light up the Monoblock? (Edit: Nope, it's not that, just tested it and took it off and still the same issue).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, but I did that already and replied to that post earlier today to no avail, as that post is already "resolved." So that post is closed. I even tried to message that person who started that post. So, just about 15 minutes ago I just posted my own on ****** here:

https://www.******.com/r/techsuppor...prime_x299deluxe_code_a2_a0_post_error_black/

I'm wondering if it's the 12V power cable connected to the board from the EK Monoblock that I'm using to light up the Monoblock? (Edit: Nope, it's not that, just tested it and took it off and still the same issue).

Maybe it's a basic question but you have the last BIOS version..?:) (v. 0802)

What for you need the bluetooth driver? What do you mean by "rest"? "Reset"?
my bluetooth is BCM94360CD ,when i connected the bluetooth driver ,The computer reset automatically

Last edited:
Maybe it's a basic question but you have the last BIOS version..?:) (v. 0802)
The latest one that I did was in July I do not remember what version that was, but if this is the newest one it’s going to be hard for me to do that if I don’t have a screen to be able to see it. I’m still having issues trying to reflash the bios as I don’t understand that either. I’m going to see what I can do to look that up in the manual and see what I can do to reflash by bios first. If you find a web link that could help me to understand how to reflash the bios that would be great. Thanks again for your replies. Including you too brain-dead as well as KGP.

PreviewPic015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest one that I did was in July I do not remember what version that was, but if this is the newest one it’s going to be hard for me to do that if I don’t have a screen to be able to see it. I’m still having issues trying to reflash the bios as I don’t understand that either. I’m going to see what I can do to look that up in the manual and see what I can do to reflash by bios first. If you find a web link that could help me to understand how to reflash the bios that would be great. Thanks again for your replies. Including you too brain-dead as well as KGP.

View attachment 297089

Sure :)
Sorry I forgot to say it before ... so here you have perfect explanation/manual how to reflash your bios :)

Capture d’écran 2017-12-04 à 04.20.50.png

and link to last BIOS version from 2017/09/15: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-DELUXE/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Reactions: kgp
Yeah, sometime it's worth to come back to our beautiful manual :D :p

OK you have A2 on LiveDash screen, and what you have on your Q-Code.. on the same time :) ?

Capture d’écran 2017-12-04 à 04.26.40.png

View attachment 297089

I think A2 suggests a drive connection error or failure, so double check those connections.

For reflashing the BIOS without being able to see anything, it's surprisingly easy. The manual, albeit a poor one, is actually helpful here. You can get to the English version of the manual from the website. To flash the RAM without booting into the current BIOS or Windows, you use USB BIOS Flashback, see section 2.2, page 2-15 in current manual. it tells you exactly what to do. You should download the v 0802 BIOS from the website, that's the current one from September, and it's what the rest of us are using. You'll need a FAT formatted USB 2 stick. Well I asume FAT, that's what's worked for me. Also make sure you rename the bios file to X299D.CAP, that's not the default name.

Thanks. I was looking on my manual. I see it now, page 2-15 - thanks for the help! Let's see what happens...:)
1st thing: I forgot to ask about Q_CODE when you boot... ? (look on image, my 1 post before)

and 2nd: Did you looked on Post state LEDs? :)

Capture d’écran 2017-12-04 à 04.56.56.png

BTW guys... 200 pages :crazy: this is crazy long thread :D good luck for someone who will read all almost 2000 posts :cool: :p

Yeah, sometime it's worth to come back to our beautiful manual :D :p

OK you have A2 on LiveDash screen, and what you have on your Q-Code.. on the same time :) ?

View attachment 297104
When I have my SATA SSD attached I get an "A2" on the mini Asus screen and the Q-CODE as well. When I attach the M.2 SSD attached I get an "A0" on the mini Asus screen and the Q-CODE. For now I'm focused on the SATA SSD. Cause if something gets screwed up, I'd rather the SATA (backup) SSD get the hit and not my M.2 SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back