Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not said that xcpm won't work with a SMBIOS different from SMBIOS iMac17,1 :crazy:

:!: I just said that Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh and ssdt.aml XCPM approach won't work on X299 with a SMBIOS different from iMac17,1 :!:

Don't tell me that I am wrong when you even don't understand what I am talking about!

Once more, we discussed all that for several months and weeks. If you missed all this discussion, please go back to the corresponding posts along this thread, instead of adding already totally unnecessary statements and comments now and in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

It's good to see confirmation, what I tried to say before :p

BTW: Did I mention ... if you are buddies with @kgp - you are crazy buddies :p :D

Ähmm, ok!

Sorry but you are wrong - Perfect XCPM Performance without ssdtprgen with my 7900X.
Exactly how on SMBios MacPro 6,1.

Possibly it's that way with your 7980XE but definitely not needed for 7900X at all.
Just asking ... you suggest that with another cpu (possibly 7900x to 7960x) the bios settings are enough and you do not need the step ssdtprgen for having perfect XCPM Performance?
Or is there one or more other "step" you put in place?

Try 10.13.2 beta 6 on 2nd SSD/HDD, maybe something will change :D
10.13.2 beta 4 was big change for AMD users, with big drivers update... few minutes ago I updated to beta 6
so if you have AMD cards, personally I recommend Update on 2nd disk and test :)

PS: You use old whatevergreen, try 1.1.3 which I use since release ... and works great here :D

PS2: Cheers :headbang:
Hi, do you use 1 or 2 or 3 monitor?
How change CPU performace from 13.1 to 13.2 beta 6?
Lags? stability issues? Stability Problems with some programs?

Just asking ... you suggest that with another cpu (possibly 7900x to 7960x) the bios settings are enough and you do not need the step ssdtprgen for having perfect XCPM Performance?
Or is there one or more other "step" you put in place?
Hi, do you use 1 or 2 or 3 monitor?
How change CPU performace from 13.1 to 13.2 beta 6?
Lags? stability issues? Stability Problems with some programs?

@prunzi
- * no, you don't need ssdtprgen (but..it's better to read 20 times kgp recommendations/adnotations etc from 1st page) :)
- Actaully - I use 2 monitors
- CPU performance différence is 1500-2500 points in Geekbench multi-core result
- no lags, stability issues or problems with any other programs (at this moment, after few hours) :D
PS: if you don't need/want to update today or tomorrow for tests, I think it's better to wait a little (few days) and then install official 10.13.2 ;)

Last edited:
Now you understeand why @kgp want to safe our time or simply our lives, wan't talk more about other SMBios versions etc etc etc etc... :D :p :p :p

@prunzi
- * no, you don't need ssdtprgen (but..it's better to read 20 times kgp recommendations/adnotations etc from 1st page)
- Actaully - I use 2 monitors
- CPU performance différence is 1500-2500 points in Geekbench multi-core result
- no lags, stability issues or problems with any other programs (at this moment, after few hours) :)
PS: if you don't need/want to update today or tomorrow for tests, I think it's better to wait a little (few days) and then install official 10.13.2 ;)
Thank's.... btw...obvious to wait for a stable release is always better!!!
I was curious where 10.13.2 is heading, and what would change from a "practical" point of view for hackintoshes, I also have VEGA albeit FE.

I have not said that xcpm won't work with a SMBIOS different from SMBIOS iMac17,1 :crazy:

:!: I just said that Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh and ssdt.aml XCPM approach won't work on X299 with a SMBIOS different from iMac17,1 :!:

Don't tell me that I am wrong when you even don't understand what I am talking about!

Once more, we discussed all that for several months and weeks. If you missed all this discussion, please go back to the corresponding posts along this thread, instead of adding already totally unnecessary statements and comments now and in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.
hi,brother,can you help me,why the computer rest itself when install Mac os after 12mins,my motherboard is GIGABYTE X299 UD4 PRO, cpu is I7 7820X,and saphire R 580 8GB, 16G memory,when I install Mac OS 10.13.1 after all, rest the computer to step country and rea,the computer rest by itself,thank you very very very much!for help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 110
hi,brother,can you help me,why the computer rest itself when install Mac os after 12mins,my motherboard is GIGABYTE X299 UD4 PRO, cpu is I7 7820X,and saphire R 580 8GB, 16G memory,when I install Mac OS 10.13.1 after all, rest the computer to step country and rea,the computer rest by itself,thank you very very very much!for help

I'm not kgp but you can try to start edit your config.plist:

then in CloverConfgurator go to -> Kernel and Kext Patches

Capture d’écran 2017-12-03 à 02.15.14.png
:!: and write FakeCPUID - in your config you had nothing (was clear)
should be 0x050654 or 0x0506E4, (for my Gigabyte motherboard I used 1st one for Asus 2nd one, so you can try both) :)

Capture d’écran 2017-12-03 à 02.15.42.png or Capture d’écran 2017-12-03 à 02.19.08.png

PS: Don't forget to read KGP guide every day (next few days)... then everything should works better :p (5-10 times is minimum) :) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
why the computer rest itself when install Mac os after 12mins,my motherboard is GIGABYTE X299 UD4 PRO, cpu is I7 7820X,
I advise you to fix the core voltage of the processor in UEFI, don't allow it to be in auto. I had restart issues with the my 7820X (on a different motherboard) and they are solved now with the core voltage fixed at 1.12V (no OC) or 1.21V (OC at 4.4GHz).

Without fixed voltage, Prime95 crashed the system in macOS but ran fine in Windows 10, and Geekbench 4 was the opposite: it ran fine under macOS but crashed under Windows 10. With the fixed voltage, they both run fine in both OSs.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
1.2 Vcore at stock Settings???
Oops, thanks for picking that! :thumbup: Typo: I meant 1.12V at stock. But 1,21V at 4.4GHz is still valid.

Last edited:
I'm not kgp but you can try to start edit your config.plist:

then in CloverConfgurator go to -> Kernel and Kext Patches

View attachment 296812
:!: and write FakeCPUID - in your config you had nothing (was clear)
should be 0x050654 or 0x0506E4, (for my Gigabyte motherboard I used 1st one for Asus 2nd one, so you can try both) :)

View attachment 296813 or View attachment 296814

PS: Don't forget to read KGP guide every day (next few days)... then everything should works better :p (5-10 times is minimum) :) :p
thank you brother~!!!I writed FakeCPUID,there is nothing changed······but I still say thank you to you~!thank you very much~~ I install Successful Build Mac 10. 13.1,when I use bluetooth driver ,the hackintosh will rest ``````:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back