Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated from 10.13 to 10.13.1 via the App Store. I had 10.13 SU (supplemental update) running for a couple of weeks. 10.13.1 was just released in the past 24 hours. You may have had 10.13 with the supplemental update (supplemental update was released after 10.13 but it was not 10.13.1 even though it should have been as it confused many of us).

I hope this helps
Big thanks!:thumbup::thumbup: Seems that I have 10.13 SU installed. I will try to update to 10.13.1 from app store. Best wishes~

I updated to macOS HS 10.13.1 with no problems. Everything seems to be fully operational.

I am still waiting for the official Nvidia 10.13.1 Web Driver release... :) That's your advantage of using a RADEON... ;)

Last edited:
Big thanks!:thumbup::thumbup: Seems that I have 10.13 SU installed. I will try to update to 10.13.1 from app store. Best wishes~

Please provide your Skylake-X/X299 System Specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in your profile or signature! Thanks in advance!

So you're system is running fine with no random restarts using the Vega Frontier (VF) card? I'm only asking because (as I mentioned earlier), I've been having issues with that and don't know if it's my VF cards. It might be my AORUS 9 board as well. I'm using two VF cards because it won't allow me to use all three monitors on one card. So using two VF cards I'm allowed to do it but I have to attach one of the cables to my other VF card (pic below). Also, this is the ONLY way they can be plugged in order to have ALL three monitors working at the same time. I've tried to plug them in the other displayports, but to no avail. Again, this is the only plugin configuration that allows all 3 of my 28" Asus Monitors work side, by side, by side.

View attachment 289249

I just went to Fry's and purchased this (pic below).

View attachment 289250

I do have two (Maxwell) Titan 12GB GPUs and was thinking to try them and test out how they can work together (obviously not in SLI), but rather that they still work together to enable all monitors to work together. Once I get the Asus board installed, I'd like to see how the VF vs Titan cards work together with my monitors. Let me know your thoughts.

Lastly, (this question is for KGP), what about my G Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 64GB RAM? I hope there won't be any issues using this RAM? Again, let me know your thoughts. Thanks...

Is the G Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 64GB RAM part of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe RAM memory specification list?

Hi guys,

This morning I tried reducing the RAM in the system, as well as switching to HDMI (I only have one display port on the card, so couldn't try another DP). I also moved my card to a different PCIe slot to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error at the same point in the install.

One thing to note kgp, is that on the third reboot to the macos install, it says like 13+- minutes remaining and not 43 minutes like you mention it should in your guide. Does this throw up any red flags? I get the error message I mentioned once it gets to 11 minutes remaining.

Do you guys think it could be worth trying to do the install to a regular HDD instead of the 980gb SSD I've been using? I have a new 4TB drive I can use, just not sure if it will make a difference.

Let me know if you guys have any other ideas, I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thanks!

Reporting:Just updated to 10.13.1 via App Store smoothly with latest NV driver. Everything is flawless. But the old issue that "I need to get sys sleep and wake up back in order to get better CPU performance and avoid that little UI laggy" still exist.

Just a quick update, I tried the install on the HDD instead of the SSD and got the same error at the same phase. I've attached the macOS installer log from that phase if it's any help in narrowing down the cause.

Attachments

• Installer Log 11-01-17.txt
    83.3 KB · Views: 802
I have to report, Vega divers are updated / working better in macOS 10.13.2 developer beta 1. Chrome crashes are gone (so far) and OpenGL seems to be working better.

Also the 10G ethernet on the Asus Rampage VI Extreme is detected!The only thing is that it doesn't make an connection so far. I think the iMac Pro will be using a Aquantia based 10G chip then?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2017-11-01 om 11.18.40.png
    Schermafbeelding 2017-11-01 om 11.18.40.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back