Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
P5000 graphics card, work in 10.13 is not very good, sorry, my English is not good. 1080 how?

Hey KGP, thanks for the response.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but it looks like post#1097 is a solution to get the High Sierra install USB set up, and to format the target installation drive? I've already done both of those things without any problems along the way.

Let me know if I'm missing something, thanks!

Hey KGP, thanks for the response.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but it looks like post#1097 is a solution to get the High Sierra install USB set up, and to format the target installation drive? I've already done both of those things without any problems along the way.

Let me know if I'm missing something, thanks!

Apparently not, otherwise you would not have problems in installing macOS via USB Flash Drive and macOS 10.13 System Disk Installer!

Well, I've gone through all the steps - and I have both EFI partitions set up as per your instructions. However, after the third reboot during installation on the hackintosh I get an error from the installer saying the following:

"macOS could not be installed on your computer

An eerror occurred installing macOS. To Usse Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the 'D' key until diagnostics begins.

Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I've done the USB and Target installation drive pre-install EFI setup multiple times, and I'm still getting this error. I've checked multiple times, and I'm not skipping any of your setup steps. I followed your instructions in post #1097 as well, but I still get the same problem. Let me know if you have any ideas.

@LiamK

Did you unplug ALL other drives?
What you could try: Save a BIOS Profile (go to BIOS -> Tools -> OC Profile -> Save to any free bank.
Shut down and reset your BIOS using the CMOS CL switch on the motherboard.
Start up, go back to BIOS and load the OC Profile you saved before.

It might be useful to reformat your destination drive and start from the very beginning.

And: unplug all unnecessary devices, like additional PCIe Cards, fancy USB devices etc.. Make sure you already added all necessary kexts to your uefi folder.

Last edited:
@lucatze

It's a brand new install/build, so there's only the new installation drive. The BIOS is running OoB settings, only with kgp's suggested changes. I've also attempted reformatting several times, but no luck so far.

As for hardware/peripherals, it's just the single GPU connected right now, and my mouse and keyboard. I do have 64gb of RAM in there right now, maybe it's worth reducing that just for the install? I could give it a try tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the response!

The BIOS is running OoB settings
Yes, this is good, but UEFI BIOSes have there very own life and even though you have only the recommended settings, one or another thing might be screwed up. I have experienced this several times. BIOS reset is a life saver sometimes.

Try another port for your monitor. Lets say, you are using DisplayPort at the moment, than switch to HDMI.
You have nothing to loose.

Yes, this is good, but UEFI BIOSes have there very own life and even though you have only the recommended settings, one or another thing might be screwed up. I have experienced this several times. BIOS reset is a life saver sometimes.

Try another port for your monitor. Lets say, you are using DisplayPort at the moment, than switch to HDMI.
You have nothing to loose.

@LiamK , are try to use another DP if available....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back