Contribute
Register

how i got my 560 Ti working... a quick guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey philz,

I managed to have my EVGA 560ti working, I get 30FPS on Cinebench but on Luxmark I get only 500ish as result. I have checked the log and doesn't show any of the messages you say. Could you please advise on this? or what should I do? And what I am missing to have higher score with Luxmark?

Thank you

pdneves said:
Hey philz,

I managed to have my EVGA 560ti working, I get 30FPS on Cinebench but on Luxmark I get only 500ish as result. I have checked the log and doesn't show any of the messages you say. Could you please advise on this? or what should I do? And what I am missing to have higher score with Luxmark?

Thank you

Well unless your system is not loading the AGPM kext it will be in the log. Check to see if it's loaded.

That luxmark score is perfectly fine? What are you expecting? Luxmark 1.0 vs 2.0 is completly different. My 560 (570 core with one unit disabled) is 1007 with the "sala" scene or 7103 on the ball scene...

philz said:
pdneves said:
Hey philz,

Thank you

Well unless your system is not loading the AGPM kext it will be in the log. Check to see if it's loaded.

That luxmark score is perfectly fine? What are you expecting? Luxmark 1.0 vs 2.0 is completly different. My 560 (570 core with one unit disabled) is 1007 with the "sala" scene or 7103 on the ball scene...

Well the scene in the "sala", do you think it's fine? Don't know to be honest, just asking. How do I check if it's loading the AGPM kext?

Thanks

pdneves said:
philz said:
pdneves said:
Hey philz,

Thank you

Well the scene in the "sala", do you think it's fine? Don't know to be honest, just asking. How do I check if it's loading the AGPM kext?

Thanks
Look at loaded kexts in sys profiler. It is a fine score for your 560.

philz said:
jfisher007 said:
I am getting random freezes while just surfing the net or coding a website in php. Out of nowhere the mouse freezes and I have to do a hard reboot. This happens 2 or 3 times a day.
Any ideas what this could be? GPU related?

Thanks

Try stock voltage/settings in the BIOS (just remove the OC). See if that fixes it. Also try loading defaults in the BIOS a few times (of course making the minimal changes for OSX to work).

Otherwise it's probably the AGPM profile is not 100% correct for the card. There is wiggle room. There is a very good sticky on insanely nvidia forum.

I tried going to a different AGPM from insanelymac. I noticed that the agpm was not being loaded. Even before me editing the adpm.kext. When I boot into os x in verbose mode I saw kernel: AGPM: GPU = display Initialized, Control ID 18. Now it does not show that upon boot and the gpu=display g-state set to ... is not showing as well. Wonder if something stopped working after the freezes started occuring?

jfisher007 said:
I noticed that the agpm was not being loaded. Even before me editing the adpm.kext.

Your AGPM isn't going to be loaded before you edit it, unless your cards device ID is in the AGPM's plist.

I did:
Code:
<key>MacPro4,1</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Vendor10deDevice1200</key>
				<dict>
					<key>Heuristic</key>
					<dict>
						<key>ID</key>
						<integer>0</integer>
						<key>IdleInterval</key>
						<integer>250</integer>
						<key>SensorOption</key>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
						<integer>4</integer>
						<key>TargetCount</key>
						<integer>5</integer>
						<key>Threshold_High</key>
						<array>
							<integer>55</integer>
							<integer>40</integer>
							<integer>60</integer>
							<integer>100</integer>
						</array>
						<key>Threshold_Low</key>
						<array>
							<integer>0</integer>
							<integer>75</integer>
							<integer>90</integer>
							<integer>98</integer>
						</array>
					</dict>
					<key>LogControl</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>control-id</key>
					<integer>18</integer>
				</dict>
It worked previously when I edited the agpm kext. Once the freezes started to occur something happened and now it won't load.

EDIT: My bad, I was trying to get my asus n53sv laptop installed with Lion and I was created an SMBIOS file for it and it added that to my extra folder. Once I removed that all is good again. Apologies for my mistake. BTW, anyone can help with this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=51152?

anyone found a patch to enable opencl on 560ti with new drivers? does old patch work? anyone tried?

I got mine working with the installer from netkas, followed his directions, works almost perfectly. Just a few things, I have two cards (and three monitors, hence why I want both working), and right now only the card in the second slot detects displays. The top one is recognized in the System Information, but no displays, and interestingly enough, it says they are on the same slot "slot-1" and lastly on the card that is working, it only shows 512mb of vram, the other shows 1024mb like it should be. So, I'm looking for suggestions. I'll keep working on it, and post back if I find out anything, for anyone who cares.

EDIT: no matter which card I put in the top PCIe x16 slot it won't work. Would this have anything to do with the PCIRootUID=1 flag?

hi... I'm still new to this.. got Lion 10.7.3 and an EVGA gtx 560 TI... tried to follow this but I don't see and Info.plist in the "Contents" folder of this guide... I'm lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back