Contribute
Register

how i got my 560 Ti working... a quick guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
piripi said:
:oops: ;) changed it and now the opengl runs all good 45 fps

i give it a try, and hope it does not freeze so often as i used to be with powermac 3,1 :/

i'll post soon my impressions!!

hi Piripi,
have you voltage your GFX ? if that is what you mean, and you now dont have freeze up after running back to the normal bios i would every much like to know it :)

i have problem with my GTX580 OC with a custom Bios for voltage my GFX, i do experience alot of freeze up ingame when im running os x, but dont have those problem in windows.

maybe that might be my problem

no i haven't voltages my gfx card.

maybe i should... but don't know how...

@ philz could you please upload your modified file info, i just want to make sure i did this not wrong...

i read somewhere that the lynx gigabit could also be the problem, removed it an installed the Realtek Gigabit 2.0.6... but still is freezing.... sometimes i still can move the mouse everything else is frozen :(

piripi said:
no i haven't voltages my gfx card.

maybe i should... but don't know how...

@ philz could you please upload your modified file info, i just want to make sure i did this not wrong...

i read somewhere that the lynx gigabit could also be the problem, removed it an installed the Realtek Gigabit 2.0.6... but still is freezing.... sometimes i still can move the mouse everything else is frozen :(

Open up console and filter it by AGPM what does it say?
Code:
2/16/12 7:58:37.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 1 from 2, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:58:49.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:58:52.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 1 from 2, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:59:04.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:59:07.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 1 from 2, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:59:19.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:59:22.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 1 from 2, ControlID = 18
2/16/12 7:59:34.000 PM kernel: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 18

Is mine for example but if yours does not work it's only going to be a few lines if that.

hmm seems to be that i did something wrong!

if i search for AGPM in system log queries (ALL MESSAGES) NO RESULT

if i search in system.log
in found this:

Code:
Feb 16 19:36:40 dds-Mac-Pro plugin-container[271]: AVF error: AGPMGetManagedPortForAccelerator returned 0x4 for VP4
Feb 16 19:36:40 dds-Mac-Pro plugin-container[271]: AVF error: AGPMGetPowerState: returned err= 0x10000003 (vp4)

but this i two days ago...

i switch now to iMac 12,1 again, cause under macpro 3,1 the AGPM in not working i think...

reinstalled and did everything as normal..

now i got this, its this good?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-18 at 9.34.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-18 at 9.34.53 PM.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 254
piripi said:
reinstalled and did everything as normal..

now i got this, its this good?

Thats working :)

awesome!! :) hope that the system runs now more stable you think all my freezes came from that problem?

piripi said:
awesome!! :) hope that the system runs now more stable you think all my freezes came from that problem?

On a proper OSX setup pretty much all of the GUI goes threw the GPU. More so that aero on vista/7. So if that was getting issues changing modes or overloading a lower power state on the GPU your not really going to go anywhere.

I am getting random freezes while just surfing the net or coding a website in php. Out of nowhere the mouse freezes and I have to do a hard reboot. This happens 2 or 3 times a day.
Any ideas what this could be? GPU related?

Thanks

jfisher007 said:
I am getting random freezes while just surfing the net or coding a website in php. Out of nowhere the mouse freezes and I have to do a hard reboot. This happens 2 or 3 times a day.
Any ideas what this could be? GPU related?

Thanks

Try stock voltage/settings in the BIOS (just remove the OC). See if that fixes it. Also try loading defaults in the BIOS a few times (of course making the minimal changes for OSX to work).

Otherwise it's probably the AGPM profile is not 100% correct for the card. There is wiggle room. There is a very good sticky on insanely nvidia forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back