Graphics
gtx 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was installing Catalina using valina method and there was no drivers for my graphics card so...
Does this graphics driver get installed automatically..
One more doubt.
If I installed Catalina without graphics card and after some days i bought one graphics card and i simple fixed it does it works or should i reinstall Catalina once more..
How is this garphic card is detected..

I was installing Catalina using valina method and there was no drivers for my graphics card so...
Does this graphics driver get installed automatically..
One more doubt.
If I installed Catalina without graphics card and after some days i bought one graphics card and i simple fixed it does it works or should i reinstall Catalina once more..
How is this garphic card is detected..

Hi there.

You started another thread about this problem. Please keep to one.

macOS has no drivers for a GTX1050 so will not do anything automatically. At best, if you are lucky, your GPU will operate in low-resolution, unaccelerated VESA mode. No fun.

If your i7 has an iGPU it will be the UHD630 and Catalina can work happily with that. Do a site Search and you will find a lot of information.

If you obtain a supported AMD GPU the chances are it will work OOB, however, sometimes tweaks are needed to get around black-screen at boot. This depends on the model you choose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back